What's new

Will the AX86U and AX88U get the new AsusWRT 5.0 (3.0.0.6) Firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Logi

I have been looking for the list of compatible routers and I can't find any information about it, thanks

AFAIK (from reading these forums in full here), no. Particularly the RT-AX86U will be abandoned to 3.0.0.4.xxx level firmware (soon-ish).

The suggested models today are the RT-AX88U Pro or the GT-AX6000. While they are both expected to receive 3.0.0.6.xxx level firmware, the older GT-AX6000 will more than likely be supported less than the current RT-AX88U Pro (but I hope to be wrong on this).

AFAIK (from reading these forums in full here), no. Particularly the RT-AX86U will be abandoned to 3.0.0.4.xxx level firmware (soon-ish).

The suggested models today are the RT-AX88U Pro or the GT-AX6000. While they are both expected to receive 3.0.0.6.xxx level firmware, the older GT-AX6000 will more than likely be supported less than the current RT-AX88U Pro (but I hope to be wrong on this).
Thank you, do you know if the GT-AX11000 Pro will be supported?

I don't follow/care for tri-band models, sorry.

But being a currently released model, I would expect it to be.

Can you please stop asking the same questions over and over again in multiple threads. This is the third thread you posted in in less than an hour.

No one here knows what Asus has planned for future firmware updates, apart from possibly RMerlin. Everything anyone else says (including myself) is pure speculation based on no actual insider knowledge.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!