What's new

AX56U to AX68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

byyuan

Occasional Visitor
There aren't many AX routers available in China, which support Merlin. For 2020, there's only AX56U for the price range less than 150USD. Finally, today I read that AX68U is going to get launched.
AX56U has not been the most reliable/range. I used to setup Astrill on AC1900 before replacing it with AX56U for WIFI6 (improved iPhone battery life). Now, with AX68U, I should get better range, stronger signal and more stable performance with Merlin/Astrill, right? Wait, is it supported by Merlin?
Thanks

RT-AX68U?

???

Now, with AX68U, I should get better range, stronger signal and more stable performance with Merlin/Astrill, right? Wait, is it supported by Merlin?

No, that model is not supported.

RT-AX68U?

Yep... Similar platform to the RT-AX86U, but different specs.

I thought it's new, hope it is??? well, at least here... It looks rather cute though.
Bought AX56U, AX56U-II, TUF-AX3000 this year, but AX68U seems to be the finest looking one, sad it's not Merlin support (Thanks Merlin for your reply).

IMG_2400.JPG

RT-AX68U?

???

Will it replace AC68, or come to US at all?

More 6 models. I wonder when 6E will actually be released.

There are already AX210 laptop modules on the market, but my AMD lenovo seems to have issues with Intel wireless modules. RE router, I haven't seen any released yet.

Will it replace AC68, or come to US at all?

More 6 models. I wonder when 6E will actually be released.

I thought it's new, hope it is??? well, at least here... It looks rather cute though.

It's basically a mixture of the RT-AC86U and RT-AX56U. It has a bcm4906 CPU, which is 64-bit dual core and features AES acceleration, however the wifi portion is a lower-end 6710 (I believe this is the standalone equivalent to the wifi built into the bcm6750 used by the RT-AX56U).

No idea what are Asus' marketing plans for this model. It sits between the RT-AX56U and RT-AX86U in terms of performance.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!