What's new

Rt-Ax58U Firmware version out of the box

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DnLS

Occasional Visitor
Hey everyone.
Hot new RT-AX58U router today. The manufacture year is 2023. And while setting up I've noticed that the firmware version is outdated. It is 3.0.0.4.386.48908, published on May 2022. But as the router is manufactured in 2023, it feels weird, because there was at least one more version in 2022, 3.0.0.4.386.49674 published on July 2022.
Does anyone know if it is fine, or Asus usually install the latest available version while manufacturing the new router.
Thanks everyone in advance

Update the router and then restore factory settings (and check: Initialize all the settings).
Or do Hard Factory Reset.
But it won't restore the router to the factory firmware version, right? The question is how to know if it is OK that on the day of manufacturing the version is out of date or not. Also would be useful if there is a way to reset the router to factory default version, just to check what version is supposed to be on it

Last edited:
So how this advice
"Update the router and then restore factory settings (and check: Initialize all the settings)."
is even related to my question?

The question is how to know if it is OK that on the day of manufacturing the version is out of date or not.
The factory does not have to upload the latest available version. Many times I had routers with an old version - never even published on the website.

is even related to my question?
This way you will get the manufacturer-defined default settings for the latest firmware version.

Hey everyone.
Hot new RT-AX58U router today. The manufacture year is 2023. And while setting up I've noticed that the firmware version is outdated. It is 3.0.0.4.386.48908, published on May 2022. But as the router is manufactured in 2023, it feels weird, because there was at least one more version in 2022, 3.0.0.4.386.49674 published on July 2022.
Does anyone know if it is fine, or Asus usually install the latest available version while manufacturing the new router.
Thanks everyone in advance

Nevermind the suppositions... upload the current firmware, Hard Reset that firmware to install its default settings, and then configure it from scratch.

FW Reset FAQ

Reset button/webUI Restore/node removal clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE

Hard Reset via WPS button/webUI Restore+Initialize also clears data logged in /jffs partition

OE

The factory does not have to upload the latest available version. Many times I had routers with an old version - never even published on the website.
So it seems that it's fine, I just was worried if it is fine and the router was not kinda refurbished. Thanks

A new router will come with the firmware version printed on the barcode label on the box.

A new router will come with the firmware version printed on the barcode label on the box.
I guess it's just a version branch of like 3.0.0.4.386 or 3.0.0.4.388

So it seems that it's fine, I just was worried if it is fine and the router was not kinda refurbished. Thanks

It's likely the the circuit boards are manufactured separately from the entire router itself. The circuit boards are probably flashed with what ever version of firmware is available at that time. The 2023 date printed on the router was likely after the final assembly and boxed up and shipped.

I guess it's just a version branch of like 3.0.0.4.386 or 3.0.0.4.388
But where exactly are these numbers? Cannot find on the box, there are serial number, Mac address and some other bars related to product info, not firmware version

not firmware version
I'm not sure, but maybe it depends on the destination country or something.
asus.png

Can you check on your box please if you have the fw version barcode? Not asking to send, but just if you have it. Thanks a lot!
Not relevant anymore, checked on the Internet, fw version is not on all boxes. Unfortunately missing on mine

Can you check on your box please if you have the fw version barcode? Not asking to send, but just if you have it. Thanks a lot!

There is no firmware version on my box anywhere, nor on the router. You seem overly concerned about this... where did you get the router? eBay?

OE

There is no firmware version on my box anywhere, nor on the router. You seem overly concerned about this... where did you get the router? eBay?

OE
No, certified Asus reseller. But still concerned that someone of my neighbors could connect to the router and install some modified firmware, that's it

No, certified Asus reseller. But still concerned that someone of my neighbors could connect to the router and install some modified firmware, that's it

Unfounded and a waste of your time. Install the latest firmware do a factory reset reconfigure with your settings and just use it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!