What's new

AX86U half-bricked , what should i try next?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

staimalex

New Around Here
I think an update "bricked" my router. I had a ac86u before.
Now the AX86U came, after a quick setup i was first enjoying the performances.
Then i wanted to change some settings and i noticed that the gui was somehow broken, i could browse the menus (in the web gui) but no matter what i clicked it didnt no anything.
I rememberd while doing the initial setup he did a firmware update (3.0.0.4.388.21709). So i've tought: ok lets go to the restore page do a factory reset and start again.
After reset, the setup page appears, with the two buttons "create new network/advanced" but i can't do anything.
I did firmware restore (same version) and nothing changes. reset etc.. nothing changed. I tried cabled, wifi, other broswser, clean cache. nothing.
It's brand new, built 2022 in china. I have the option to ship it back and get a new one... im thinking about it...

I've seen similar issues in the past that are actually a browser problem. Have you tried a different browser and/or flushing the browser cache/temporary internet files, to see whether that gets it working again?

After reset, the setup page appears, with the two buttons "create new network/advanced" but i can't do anything.
Some troubleshooting steps:
  • Wait till the router finishes rebooting after reset. This can take up to five minutes or longer.
  • Directly connect the computer to one of the router's networking port (not WAN port) using Ethernet cable.
  • Try different Ethernet cable.
  • Clear browser cache.
  • Try different web browser.
  • Manually configure the computer's networking port for a fixed IP address. Example: 192.168.50.7 / 255.255.255.0
  • Access the router by it's IP address of 192.168.50.1 if having problems with using http://router.asus.com.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!