What's new

AX92U - slow internet speedtest after upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386_41535-g1caa24a firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I upgraded 2 days ago (without factory reset) and everything is working well. However I want to see this firmware run steady for more than 14-18 days. My experience with the previous firmware was that Wi-Fi consistently stopped working/responding after 14-18days, without any signs or error messages in the syslog. With .41712 I also experienced 3 panic reboots during a period of 5month.

For firmware 3.0.0.4.386_43084, I had an issue that WAN go down randomly, every 1-3 days this happens once. The WAN LED go RED and from the log I can't find anything went wrong. Rebooting the router will fix the issue. I did try to set the DHCP query frequency to continuous but this did not fix the issue.

I am going to do a hardware reset and give this firmware a second chance. I did a reset using the WEB UI but did not do it using the hardware button, this may cause the issue.

For firmware 3.0.0.4.386_43084, I had an issue that WAN go down randomly, every 1-3 days this happens once. The WAN LED go RED and from the log I can't find anything went wrong. Rebooting the router will fix the issue. I did try to set the DHCP query frequency to continuous but this did not fix the issue.

I am going to do a hardware reset and give this firmware a second chance. I did a reset using the WEB UI but did not do it using the hardware button, this may cause the issue.
After hardware factory reset on the main and the node and running fine for 5 days, today I experience a sudden WAN dead again with the WAN LED went to RED color. There is nothing special in the system log so I can't find out what's wrong with it. Rebooting the main router solve the issue.

This is super annoying and I think I will downgrade the software and see if this can solve the issue.

Turn out I am the only one getting the WAN disconnect issue. Anyway rollback to Version 3.0.0.4.386.41712 and everything is fine now.

Turn out I am the only one getting the WAN disconnect issue. Anyway rollback to Version 3.0.0.4.386.41712 and everything is fine now.
I have not experienced wan issues on either 43084 or 41712. I have however experienced consistent Wi-Fi stability issues on 41712 (see my previous post in this thread) so I am quite pleased with 43084, it has been running rock solid now for 27days after firmware upgrade.

I haven't had any wan significant issues with 43084. I did have one reboot -- 3 weeks ago -- when the wan aggregation stopped working. Other than that one re-boot, everything has been working great.

I have not experienced wan issues on either 43084 or 41712. I have however experienced consistent Wi-Fi stability issues on 41712 (see my previous post in this thread) so I am quite pleased with 43084, it has been running rock solid now for 27days after firmware upgrade.
I guess the disconnect issue may due to the ISP modem using some protocol that trigger the issue, but I am not an expert. I have tried to restart the modem from ISP but turn out cannot solve the issue.

NO, we are having this issue. We are thinking we are going to have to load 41712 as it randomly drops the internet. We scheduled daily reboots, but this does not help much as we never know when the internet will go down. A simple reboot corrects it, but it is problematic if we are working remotely.

Has 41712 been solid??

Thanks

Yet another firmware upgrade: 3.0.0.4.386.44985:
1. Fix AiMesh issues
2. Improve system stability
3. Fix WAN DNS setting cannot setup LAN side pihole server.
4. Fixed DoS vulnerability from spoofed sae authentication frame.

One more “Improve system stabilitet”?? like previous upgrade. Has anyone tried this version and any observations?

Last edited:
NO, we are having this issue. We are thinking we are going to have to load 41712 as it randomly drops the internet. We scheduled daily reboots, but this does not help much as we never know when the internet will go down. A simple reboot corrects it, but it is problematic if we are working remotely.

Has 41712 been solid??

Thanks
I was on 41712 for a few months and it was absolutely solid.

I was on 41712 for a few months and it was absolutely solid.

Cited some info in this thread:

After installing the mobile app, and enabling ipv6, we no longer had the issue with this router. It has been absolutely solid for a month.

Yesterday, we installed 44985, and it has continued to be solid.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!