What's new

[Beta 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understood correctly, @RMerlin has stopped working on the 382 branch due to unfixable bugs in closed source components.

As for the 384 branch, there's a pre-release test build available (see this thread: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/preview-asuswrt-merlin-384-3-pre-release-test-builds.44060/) also for the RT-AC68U. Keep in mind, this is a first alpha, so you might run into (still to be solved) issues. I've been running it for several days now and even though QoS still has issues and some minor cosmetic things, I'm pleasantly surprised for it's stability, given the fact that is a first alpha.

As for your last question: I can't speak for @RMerlin off course, but I'm confident that as long as ASUS supports this model (and they still do) and @RMerlin keeps up his continious efforts to develop and maintain Asuswrt-Merlin, we probably have nothing to worry about and can keep using our RT-AC68U for quite some time.

Ah I see, ty :) wi-fi still needs to catch up to 1gig, so I'd hate to see this router expire as it's a perfect compact device and covers the entire house with just one :D

So ASUS botched 382 with closed sources so we're jumping directly to 384? sounds exciting :D

Is the AiMesh included in 384? I've read the initial announcement from RMerlin but I was confused on where it will be released with.

Is the AiMesh included in 384? I've read the initial announcement from RMerlin but I was confused on where it will be released with.

In stock firmware, yes, but it still has issues. In Asuswrt-Merlin, chances are slim: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...ta-is-now-available.43043/page-30#post-373554

Just a friendly word of advice: try using the search function. Similar questions are asked daily and answers can be found easily using the search function on the top right of your screen.

Hello!
I put it on my AC56U 382.2-Beta3 after 380.69

Very fast work 382.2 firmware !!!! Highly!
The speed of WI-Fi increased by 5 GHz.
The speed of the WEB interface has increased.
OpenVPN server works more stable.
QoS works stably
AiMesh is a useful functional.
DDNS is working great, the ability to register your domain has been added.
The traffic analyzer works fine.

PS: I use almost all the functionality on AC56 except AiCloud and USB Application.

Excellent work Merlin !!!! You're doing fine!.

Updated to beta 3 yesterday. Everything seems to be working fine. But the Web History in QoS doesn't show, well, the web history. Does anyone have the same experience? I'm on RT-AC68U with Adaptive QoS. I have tried clearing the browser cache, using a different browser, and accessing the web page from a different computer. Not a major issue to me, but just curious.

Do NOT use this with the latest Asus 384 stock code branch!!!!

Just to make sure: your solution can safely be used on the Asuswrt-Merlin 384 branch? It's only stock it shouldn't be used on?

Closing this, since this is superseded by 384.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!