What's new

[Beta 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-----------

• Wireless -> Site Survey - there is no conflict with the use of many identical wireless channels ?
  • What about your another WiFi clients ? The same problem with low bandwidth ?
  • Try to enable/disable "bluetooth coexistence" and "reducing USB 3.0 interference" in wireless settings (at professional page).
Of course, these are just my tips. I do not know if any of this will help ;-) . It is only for labor / testing.[/QUOTE]

Tried everything you mentioned. Tested along the way. Nothing. Put everything back. And boom, it works! No idea why other than toggling the items you mentioned had some effect. I will keep an eye on it.
And a big Thank You!

Certainly something odd going on with the AC68U. (beta 2)

One minute i can reach it the next i can't and the wireless seems to be hiccuping around the same time.

Its like it repeatingly dropping network connection

Last edited:
LPR Printing works sporadically on 382.2Beta2 (RT-AC66U_B1)
I think this issue needs testing by other people.

Obligatory note: Long time lurker, first time poster.

Last edited:
Certainly something odd going on with the AC68U. (beta 2)

One minute i can reach it the next i can't and the wireless seems to be hiccuping around the same time.

Its like it repeatingly dropping network connection

I've not seen this on the beta version and was previously on the alpha, does it happen to multiple devices of different types? Are the logs showing anything?

Tried everything you mentioned. Tested along the way. Nothing. Put everything back. And boom, it works! No idea why other than toggling the items you mentioned had some effect. I will keep an eye on it.
And a big Thank You!
There was a similar problem somewhere. The user mentioned that he had switched on some function (I do not remember) and it started working only when he switched it off and switched on again.

Anyway, this looks like an incorrect factory reset. Are you sure you did factory reset? It may not work to reset nvram via firmware. It is easiest to perform a reset with a command via Telnet or use the RESET button on the back panel of the router. For example:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/clear-nvram.7858/
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not seen this on the beta version and was previously on the alpha, does it happen to multiple devices of different types? Are the logs showing anything?
Only seeing it on the 68u at this point as it the only one i got using this firmware.

I had to do a factory restore and reflash which seems to have cured it for the moment.

Seems to take a day or two before the effects are seen.

Didn't see anything beyond a kernal error regrading qos i believe.

There was a similar problem somewhere. The user mentioned that he had switched on some function (I do not remember) and it started working only when he switched it off and switched on again.

Anyway, this looks like an incorrect factory reset. Are you sure you did factory reset? It may not work to reset nvram via firmware. It is easiest to perform a reset with a command via Telnet or use the RESET button on the back panel of the router. For example: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/clear-nvram.7858/

Back during a previous transition from one SDK to another, 378 -> 380, the 5GHz radio was useless on my RT-AC68U if I installed any 380 version firmware. This went on for MONTHS. One day, after Merlin released his next 380 build, I decided to try again, but this time, I thought to try changing the 5GHz channel. Magically, everything was better. I then changed back to the channel I had always used and the problem was never seen again. Full resets were done given the change from 378 -> 380 and then another reset when going back to 378, so there was never a lack of resetting. Full manual configuration from scratch always followed the resets.

The moral of the story is it doesn't hurt to try toggling/changing settings for features that seem to be broken after a firmware update.

@SwampKracker:

I think there is a difference in resetting via firmware (software reset) and via WPS/RESET buttons (hardware reset - from CFE bootloader).

- If firmware reset is made, the default settings from the firmware are used.
- If hardware reset is made (WPS/RESET buttons), the original configuration is retrieved from the CFE bootloader.

All settings may be different to each other - depending on the type of firmware, and sometimes on the CFE version. They are set incorrectly then. Some new firmware features may be missing in the CFE configuration (used in the "hardware" CFE reset) and are missing in the loaded default configuration. There are maybe a changes in the status of the values - for example, from the original "yes" and "no" -> to new boolean type (logical values) "1" and "0". It also depends on the algorithm that NVRAM data is uploaded backwards - some old firmwares used a binary copy of nvram memory, but the new firmware uses values with the name of the configuration items + the value itself.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66u-reset-clear-nvram.13550/
... etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
An issue I've noticed on my T-mobile AC1900 > AC68U converted model with this beta FW,

nvram set clkfreq=1000,800
nvram commit

doesn't seem to stick after a reboot. Goes back to default 800,666 after reboot.

Who could explain to me WTF is going on with my second AC68U.

I've installed the lastest release 382.2_beta2 to my two (AC68U) routers. I then decided to get advantage of a new feature of Let's Encrypt and installed its certificate to my DDNS. The home router seems to be working perfectly well. As for my corporate router.... it doesn't want to get a certificate from Let's Encrypt..... I don't understand the reason. It constantly gets errors....

Here's the log of errors:

Attachments

• log lets encrypt.txt
    31.2 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
What is a corporate router? This router is probably NATed and cannot accept incoming connections.

Is there something broken in these forums? All the posts I see are from yesterday.
What about clearing the cache and cookies in your web browser? Or, try the F5 key to refresh page. It's fine for me. Maybe you have the wrong time zone UTC+xx in "Prefferences"? Try another web browser.

An issue I've noticed on my T-mobile AC1900 > AC68U converted model with this beta FW,

nvram set clkfreq=1000,800
nvram commit

doesn't seem to stick after a reboot. Goes back to default 800,666 after reboot.
OMG, duplicite post is here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...ta-is-now-available.43043/page-15#post-368924

Why are you constantly writing queries to this thread outside the topic? Queries that are not related to firmware beta testing should not be here.

What is a corporate router? This router is probably NATed and cannot accept incoming connections.
it's the same model AC68U

p.s. I can successfully enter to its remote WebUI by using aaaaaaaaaaa.ddns.net:8443 - WAN access is working.

Last edited:
Well, I think I was able to deal with the problem to a certain extent.

When I request aaaaaaaaaa.ddns.net:80 - it ends up with tan ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT as for my home router when I request bbbbbbbbbbbb.ddns.net:80 I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

So the problem lies in my corporate Internet provider. What I did was I signed in with my corporate ddns on my home router and then, when my ddns was issued a certificate, I exported it and manually imported to my corporate router. It worked like a charm!

My gui (https) has crashed a couple more times on my ac86u with this beta, seems to be browsing two way ips that causes it. Has anyone else noticed this happening to them?

I've got another question.... is it possible to isolate LAN4 on RT-AC68U? I would like to use UniFi AP Outdoor+ as a guest network on 4-th port. I've a possibility of choosing VLAN in UniFi controller although I didn't manage to find in the latest firmware of AC68U how to isolate it...... :(

Using the embedded VPN feature for the first time - specifically IPSEC. I have two issues: 1) I can connect but cannot access devices on the LAN. 2) When IPSEC is enabled on the router I'm unable to connect to work using their Pulse IPSEC VPN client. But it works once I disable the router IPSEC VPN service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!