What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know if it is a problem of the application, or servers' service, or caused by Beta 1 update, or other ... but coinciding with the update to the Beta 1 version, the home video intercom remote management service works in a sobbing way.

The home video doorphone management application is Urmet CallMe, it uses the IGP protocol ... in the previous firmware I saw this connection in the System Log - Active Connections where, with the other TCP and UDP protocols, my only IGP connection appeared.

After updating to the Beta 1 version, I no longer saw the IGP connection and started the problems of the service that works in a sobbing way (connects and disconnects).

For this reason I report here this problem, because it is possible and probably it is related to Beta 1 version update.

I tried to reset both: the remote management transmission equipment of the video door phone and the management application, I also called the device assistance (URMET) but did not provide any explanation, while the reported problem persists.

I can not do other tests to understand if the problem is caused by the firmware update Beta 1 or other, the only certain thing is that before the update this problem had never been appared and in the System Log - Active Connections the IGP connection now does not appear anymore.

Thank You and sorry for my bad english.

I do not know if it is a problem of the application, or servers' service, or caused by Beta 1 update, or other ... but coinciding with the update to the Beta 1 version, the home video intercom remote management service works in a sobbing way.

The home video doorphone management application is Urmet CallMe, it uses the IGP protocol ... in the previous firmware I saw this connection in the System Log - Active Connections where, with the other TCP and UDP protocols, my only IGP connection appeared.

After updating to the Beta 1 version, I no longer saw the IGP connection and started the problems of the service that works in a sobbing way (connects and disconnects).

For this reason I report here this problem, because it is possible and probably it is related to Beta 1 version update.

I tried to reset both: the remote management transmission equipment of the video door phone and the management application, I also called the device assistance (URMET) but did not provide any explanation, while the reported problem persists.

I can not do other tests to understand if the problem is caused by the firmware update Beta 1 or other, the only certain thing is that before the update this problem had never been appared and in the System Log - Active Connections the IGP connection now does not appear anymore.

Thank You and sorry for my bad english.
Fixed in beta 2 I think I read the comits log.

384.5-beta 2 is being uploaded, and should show up tonight once done synchronizing. Changes since beta 1:

Code:
4833b80 Updated documentation
cffe78d webui: autofill DST start/end time on timezone select; update a few outdated DST times
d4b23de miniupnpd: updated to 20180503 snapshot
d645ee8 iptables: add missing ip6tables-save applet (closes #142)
020df8d Updated documentation
5598770 kernel: tweak input class modules, removing mouse/joystick support
fc5eb7d build: include HID modules in firmware images
caaa83a kernel41: Add USB HID support
84b68d0 webui: look up for firmware_path nvram rather than the checkbox that's no longer on that page
7d05e84 webui: display remaining time left on UPNP leases, now stored as remaining time instead of a timestamp
91f505b httpd: signal miniupnpd to dump an up-to-date lease list
9ac7d0f miniupnpd: updated to 20180502 (includes monotonic clock fixes)
1e54594 strongswan: patch for CVE-2017-9022, CVE-2017-9023, CVE-2017-11185
3fdd7ff build: copy-prebuilt: added libletsencrypt
71141ea libletsencrypt: updated with builds from 384_20648
60538a9 webui: explicitely set textarea_ssh_table font size to 13px
72210f1 webui: firmware_path can be either "0" or "" when set to the stable channel - check both
785c216 Bumped revision to beta 2
e126557 Merge branch 'master' of github.com:RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng
b1d3858 rc: keep persistent dlna uuid & serial format, follow e9219373af4c688532f66de9a6c6d887d50b948a
e921937 rc: make upnp uuid persistent
f487476 miniupnpd: fix SSDP socket binding to wrong interfaces
058a835 shared: fix empty wan/lan/2g hwaddr on gmac3-enabled models

Updated to Beta 2 on AC5300- no issues so far except IPSEC VPN causes router to reboot. Connects OK to establish session but when connected to cameras in local network the router reboots. Connection via OPENVPN is fine.

Also getting this in log which im ignoring
[2018/05/07 15:02:36.629444, 0] smbd/negprot.c:706(reply_negprot)
May 7 15:02:36 smbd[28574]: No protocol supported !

Last edited:
Beta 2 seems to be working well , 2 hrs uptime , nothing strange . Good connection with all clients . 2 AC3200 running well .
Can I update FW on a 3200 that is not connected to the internet just my computers lan ? Or does it need to be connected to the modem ?
Thanks

Thank you! 384.5_beta2 works fine :)

May 7 11:42:26 miniupnpd[2276]: Failed to get IP for interface ppp0
Feb 14 03:00:12 kernel: pflash: found no supported devices
Feb 14 03:00:12 kernel: bcmsflash: found no supported devices
Feb 14 03:00:12 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: Failed to enable MSI-X
Feb 14 03:00:12 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: failed to allocate MSI entry
Feb 14 03:00:27 Mastiff: init
May 7 11:44:55 crond[302]: time disparity of 644204 minutes detected

and help. Why are worth not op order?

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 478
384.5-beta 2 is being uploaded, and should show up tonight once done synchronizing. Changes since beta 1:

Code:
4833b80 Updated documentation
cffe78d webui: autofill DST start/end time on timezone select; update a few outdated DST times
d4b23de miniupnpd: updated to 20180503 snapshot
d645ee8 iptables: add missing ip6tables-save applet (closes #142)
020df8d Updated documentation
5598770 kernel: tweak input class modules, removing mouse/joystick support
fc5eb7d build: include HID modules in firmware images
caaa83a kernel41: Add USB HID support
84b68d0 webui: look up for firmware_path nvram rather than the checkbox that's no longer on that page
7d05e84 webui: display remaining time left on UPNP leases, now stored as remaining time instead of a timestamp
91f505b httpd: signal miniupnpd to dump an up-to-date lease list
9ac7d0f miniupnpd: updated to 20180502 (includes monotonic clock fixes)
1e54594 strongswan: patch for CVE-2017-9022, CVE-2017-9023, CVE-2017-11185
3fdd7ff build: copy-prebuilt: added libletsencrypt
71141ea libletsencrypt: updated with builds from 384_20648
60538a9 webui: explicitely set textarea_ssh_table font size to 13px
72210f1 webui: firmware_path can be either "0" or "" when set to the stable channel - check both
785c216 Bumped revision to beta 2
e126557 Merge branch 'master' of github.com:RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng
b1d3858 rc: keep persistent dlna uuid & serial format, follow e9219373af4c688532f66de9a6c6d887d50b948a
e921937 rc: make upnp uuid persistent
f487476 miniupnpd: fix SSDP socket binding to wrong interfaces
058a835 shared: fix empty wan/lan/2g hwaddr on gmac3-enabled models

Beta 2 fixes unauthorized error message in ddns...
Also fixes “empty” MAC address in system status and empty client list.

Beta 1 stable on AC5300 since release (clean install), no problems.
Direct update to Beta 2, no issues so far.

Something I've noticed however, I installed a fan on the AC5300 which dropped the temps as follows and RSSI dropped on my Ring doorbell after installing the fan (Quality changed from saying Good to Very Good):

Fan OFF: 2.4 GHz: 55°C - 5 GHz: 67°C - CPU: 70°C
Fan ON: 2.4 GHz: 39°C - 5 GHz: 42°C - CPU: 47°C

Does anyone have any tools I can try to see if the cooling makes a difference in the performance of the router?

Updated RT-AC86U with Beta 2. Will report any findings.

Might possibly be fixed by this, however I haven't looked at it.

I can confirm that it definitively helped... all is fine now. DDNS working fine... no need to factory reset.
And "empty" mac address problem is not longer present!
thank you!!!

Can I update FW on a 3200 that is not connected to the internet just my computers lan ? Or does it need to be connected to the modem ?
Thanks

No need to be connected to the Internet for updating.

and help. Why are worth not op order?

Click on the column header to change sort direction.

Installed on AC3200. Two problems:

1. DDNS not working - Using xxx.asuscomm.com
2. Status icons in top right corner not working - Adaptive QoS icon does not appear. Other icons greyed out (eg. WiFi status, Guest network, Internet status).

Reverted back to 384.4_2

Installed on AC68 in AP mode. No problems so far. Status icons working.

2. Status icons in top right corner not working - Adaptive QoS icon does not appear. Other icons greyed out (eg. WiFi status, Guest network, Internet status).

Reverted back to 384.4_2

Re-flash and reset to defaults. This is a perfect example of "weirdness" which begs for a reset.

Reverted back to 384.4_2

Asus DDNS has been fixed with 384.5 Beta 2

Missing icons usually indicates either you need to flush your browser cache, or you have something in your configuration breaking the webui. Open your browser console and look for any Javascript error.

just checked my router... and I saw the following message appearing a few times since installing the latest beta
kernel: br0: received packet on wl0.2 with own address as source address

besides seeing this message, everything is running fine.

Reverted back to 384.4_2

Also experienced a warning sign over the DDNS icon on the main page. Rebooted, checked WAN-DDNS settings, all seemed correct but problem persisted. (Tried to) disable and re-enable DDNS and everything is working fine again.

I've not reset to default settings since 380.69, only using CTRL-F5 from time to time. And sometimes disabling and re-enabling stuff ;)

Upgraded from V384.5 Beta 1 to V384.5 Beta 2 (I still have NOT done a factory default reset on my AC3100), and it resolved:

- "Network Map" Tab, clicking on either the "Computer" icon (to show Client Status), or the "View List", used to cause those lists to reset and start adding clients back one at a time, is now stable and does NOT reset

- The 100% CPU issue I had that appeared to be more cosmetic than anything has not come back, since hard rebooting the router 5 days ago on Beta 1, and has not shown on Beta 2 so far.

Issues that I see present so far are:

- I think this may have been present in Beta 1 (as the change seemed to happen around April 30th, but I noticed in Beta 2, as I'm checking more thoroughly the tabs, I noticed that "Traffic Analyzer" Tab, under "Traffic Monitor", if you choose "Daily", it seems the "Reception" and "Transmission" graphs are both reversed, and the calculations are not correct.

- Small cosmetic issue, but just noticed that the "Client Status" or the "View List" is showing any of my Wireless clients as being Wired again. When you export the client list to CSV, all of my Wireless clients show values in "TX" and "RX" columns but the "Interface" Column all shows "Wired"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!