What's new

[Beta] AB-Solution 3.x

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anyone else testing the new 3.10.1 beta except @Adamm ?

Yes sir! I'm with you all the way bud!

Yesterday, just really too busy again today to stress test it. Tomorrow I'll see what I can break. :oops:

Still trying to find the pixelserv oddities linked with ABS that I reported in that thread.

Thanks guys. Now I know this beta thread is not in vain.
I appreciate any input you have for me.

So far I haven't had any trouble. I had a problem with skynet for a few hours and found my way through the problem. I intend to test your script as well.

Yes sir. Ran across this thread and just updated. Will report back any issues.

ab-solution.sh: 3.10.1
backup.add: 3.10.1
functions.add: 3.10.2
log-stats.add: 3.10.1
pixelserv-tls.add: 3.10.1
rotate-logs.add: 3.10.1
update-hosts.add: 3.10.2

Also a big shout out to you to say THANKS for this awesome, seamless and intuitive tool. I appreciate all your hard work!!

EDIT: I also just updated to John's alpha build (3.0.0.4.374.43_29A9j9527), if that helps confirm compatibility.

EDIT: I also just updated to John's alpha build (3.0.0.4.374.43_29A9j9527), if that helps confirm compatibility.
Glad you add some variety, lately everyone seems focused on the 382.x branch which I still can't test for lack of a supported device.

Since you mention the LTS fork, it's time to dust off the dedicated johns-fork router. It has been on the shelf for a long while.
I guess I just trust @john9527 not to screw things up. But then, I place the same trust in RMerlin which runs on the three remaining routers, including the primary and the development router.

Still awesome here!

AB-Solution 3.10.2 is now available through the beta channel.
Use cu to update.

What's new in v3.10.2 beta
New: When processing the whitelist in el, Skynet is refreshed to read in the new shared-AB-whitelist
New: Skynet can now request to have the additional hosts files added ( in b, option 8)
This helps to cut down on false positives in Skynet by including these in AB-Solution instead of Skynet.
This request is shown at the next start of AB and instructions are displayed how to enable them.
Changed: Skynet refresh is now silent when updating the blocking file
Changed: Added timeout to un and cu functions when retrieving the version file. Added checks to verify validity of version file.

Note: This version of update-hosts.add includes two additional domains to whitelist by default.
They are Microsofts OneDrive domains:
- 1drv.ms
- onedrive.live.com
Both are inexplicably contained in at least one of the hosts files. Without whitelisting them, downloads of Johns and RMerlins firmware would fail.
Let me know what you think, is this a good idea and acceptable?
The other by-default-whitelisted domains are the domains of the hosts files providers, lines 131 to 142 in update-hosts.add.

Note: This version of update-hosts.add includes two additional domains to whitelist by default.
They are Microsofts OneDrive domains:
- 1drv.ms
- onedrive.live.com
Both are inexplicably contained in at least one of the hosts files. Without whitelisting them, downloads of Johns and RMerlins firmware would fail.
The other by-default-whitelisted domains are the domains of the hosts files providers, lines 131 to 142 in update-hosts.add.
Yes, absolutely. How many people could complain that they cannot update the two firmware versions?!?! You especially, not to mention the rest of us do not need to see that. :D

I've had this happen to me in the past. Firefox pulls a 'dangerous' files feed from google, and google decided that all .zip files on onedrive were bad o_O. I had to rename my nvram-save utility download for a while. Took about a week to get cleared up.

I've had this happen to me in the past. Firefox pulls a 'dangerous' files feed from google, and google decided that all .zip files on onedrive were bad o_O. I had to rename my nvram-save utility download for a while. Took about a week to get cleared up.
I remember that. Mozilla are people too.

Testing on the AC86U:

Clean install of AB-Solution 3.10 goes without a problem, using the amtm script:

upload_2017-12-7_23-11-9.png

However, there is an error message when trying to set the beta URL:

upload_2017-12-7_23-10-6.png

Edit:

Tried one more time and voila ! it worked:

upload_2017-12-7_23-33-26.png

Last edited:
My 5th host file will not download says it failed run update again. I do and it screws up again.
Code:
 A B - S O L U T I O N        A D - B L O C K I N G

AB-Solution 3.10.2 beta          by thelonelycoder
----------------------------------------------------
 RT-AC3100 (armv7l) fw-382.1 @ 192.168.14.1
 69,143  blocked domains  5  hosts files in use
 46,784 t  2,386 w  6 n ads since Dec 07 14:15

beta URL  ab-solution.info/beta  Beta hosts [on]

i   AB-Solution      [/mnt/EXT4]
 cu  check for updates
 un  updates notify   [on] [weekly]
 bu  backup to email  [on] [monthly,Key-files,tar.gz]

a   ad-blocking      [on]
 l   logging          [on]
 rs  router stats     [on] [to email] [Mon @ 1:30]

ps  pixelserv-tls    [192.168.14.4] [v35.HZ12.Kk]
     entware device   [/mnt/EXT4]

b   blocking file    [Medium] [Mon @ 2:00]
 u   update blocking file
 el  edit white or black list

f   follow the logfile
 ac  update ads counter

e   exit AB-Solution                   sm  sub menu

--------------------- Message ----------------------

Hosts file download failed or file is not hosts
file, using local backup file instead.
Run [u] to manually update.

Done  updated blocking file

What do you want to do? 

Note that in my case, it's only the mirror that's on Onedrive (and the pre-release test builds). My primary download site remains on SF.net.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!