What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 Beta 1 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 Beta 1 is now available for all supported models.

The highlights of this release:

• Merged with Asus's 380_1354 GPL
  • Added Tweaks & Hacks section to the Tools -> Other Settings. These are advanced options meant for testing or special cases. One of them allows you to disable the hourly network scans that were taking printers/NASes out of sleep mode. A reboot might be required to enable some of these.
  • Updated various components: OpenVPN (2.3.10), openssl (1.0.2g), miniupnpd (1.9.20160222, udpxy (1.0 build 23-10).
  • Enhancements to OpenVPN's policy-based routing. Server-provided DNS are now used with VPN-routed clients when in Exclusive DNS mode.
  • Various fixes, most notably: 2.4 GHz wifi on the RT-AC68U.

For more details, please view the included changelog.

Please keep discussions in this thread specifically to this release and its changes.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Last edited:
Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 Beta 1 is now available for all supported models.

The highlights of this release:

• Merged with Asus's 380_1354 GPL
  • Added Tweaks & Hacks section to the Tools -> Other Settings. These are advanced options meant for testing or special cases. One of them allows you to disable the hourly network scans that were taking printers/NASes out of sleep mode. A reboot might be required to enable some of these.
  • Updated various components: OpenVPN (2.3.10), openssl (1.0.2g), miniupnpd (1.9.20160222, udpxy (1.0 build 23-10).
  • Enhancements to OpenVPN's policy-based routing. Server-provided DNS are now used with VPN-routed clients when in Exclusive DNS mode.
  • Various fixes, most notably: 2.4 GHz wifi on the RT-AC68U.

For more details, please view the included changelog.

Please keep discussions in this thread specifically to this release and its changes.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Hi Merlin,

I be psychic!

I just decided to check for an update as you must have been posting it :)

I've installed onto my RT-AC68U, any issues (2.4Ghz WiFi specifically) I'll report back.

[Edit] All still looking good

Thanks.

Last edited:
I was just getting ready to install the alpha3 version and saw this. Perfect timing!
Updated both my RT-AC68U (B1) devices, one of which is an AP, from 378.56_2 to 380.58 Beta.
Pretty basic setup, a few port forwarding entries, and running AB-Solution 1.0.

Thanks Merlin!

I recently installed the beta (AC88U) everything seems fine except when I try to use Asus's WTFast GPN I get the following in my system log and doesn't seem to work.

Code:
Mar 16 22:12:21 rc_service: httpd 484:notify_rc start_wtfast
Mar 16 22:12:24 kernel: NF_TPROXY: Transparent proxy support initialized, version 4.1.0
Mar 16 22:12:24 kernel: NF_TPROXY: Copyright (c) 2006-2007 BalaBit IT Ltd.
Mar 16 22:12:26 wtfd[895]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid
Mar 16 22:12:56 wtfd[974]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid
Mar 16 22:13:26 wtfd[1048]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid
Mar 16 22:13:56 wtfd[1125]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid
Mar 16 22:14:27 wtfd[1199]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid

It continues about every 30 seconds, is this normal? Should I be concerned? It seems the CPU usage spike coincides with the message appearing in the log.

Last edited:
I recently installed the beta (AC88U) everything seems fine except when I try to use Asus's WTFast GPN I get the following in my system log and doesn't seem to work.

Code:
Mar 16 22:12:21 rc_service: httpd 484:notify_rc start_wtfast
Mar 16 22:12:24 kernel: NF_TPROXY: Transparent proxy support initialized, version 4.1.0
Mar 16 22:12:24 kernel: NF_TPROXY: Copyright (c) 2006-2007 BalaBit IT Ltd.
Mar 16 22:12:26 wtfd[895]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid
Mar 16 22:12:56 wtfd[974]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid
Mar 16 22:13:26 wtfd[1048]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid
Mar 16 22:13:56 wtfd[1125]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid
Mar 16 22:14:27 wtfd[1199]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid

It continues about every 30 seconds, is this normal? Should I be concerned? It seems the CPU usage spike coincides with the message appearing in the log.
I'm guilty myself so I'm not judging, but think of the millions of router owners that never look at the logs. I myself got off looking at the logs unless I have a major problem to troubleshoot. It just creates the perception many times that there is a problem that does not even exist when everything is running just fine.

@RMerlin Link to Changelog shows 380.57 release

Where can i find the .58 beat for the r7000 please?
You won't find it here, you'll need to wait for it to be ported as this forum is for Asus hardware. Typically ports for the R7000 are only done on final releases not betas

Thank you for updating the udpxy binary! (but interesting that the last version is 1.0.23-9 at udpxy.com)

Also please, RMerlin, could you take a look into this topic about dhcp specific issue? http://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac66u-dhcp-ignores-discover-packet-from-ps2-console.31033/

It's not a fact that something wrong with dhcp server, but another Asus router with earlier dnsmasq version works properly with this device. Maybe you could say some advices or maybe there is really something dropping or ignoring such dhcp packet...

Installed Beta1 over Alpha3 (which was rock solid for me) on my RT-AC88U last night, then rebooted the router (no reset to defaults) and now my System Log was completely filled with hundreds of repeating lines like this block:

Mar 16 21:03:51 kernel: net_ratelimit: 528 callbacks suppressed
Mar 16 21:03:51 kernel: TCP: time wait bucket table overflow
Mar 16 21:03:52 kernel: TCP: time wait bucket table overflow

I copied the log into Word to get a line count, and it was nearly 6000 repeating lines like the above. Nothing else. Then, just before 10:00pm, they stopped and the log is clear after that.

The only change I made after installing Beta1 and rebooting the router was to suppress the "Networkmap: hourly full network rescans" by changing it from Yes to No.

Does anyone have an idea what is the "App" icon for?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.7 KB · Views: 460
Just installed on RT-AC68U. I still can not reach my VDSL modem at 192.168.1.1 with the router at 10.0.0.1.
What should I do to fix this? Should I change something to JFFS partition? Right now it is disabled as per factory default reset when I upgraded to the 57 version.
Thanks

Just installed on RT-AC68U. I still can not reach my VDSL modem at 192.168.1.1 with the router at 10.0.0.1.
What should I do to fix this? Should I change something to JFFS partition? Right now it is disabled as per factory default reset when I upgraded to the 57 version.
Thanks
Your modem and router need to be in the same subnet. E.g. modem IP address: 192.168.1.1, router IP address: 192.168.1.2

Last edited:
@RMerlin Link to Changelog shows 380.57 release

Yeah, I didn't have time to update it on the website yet. For now, you can download it from Mediafire/Sourceforge. It's also available within the download archive itself.

Thanks

You need to manually configure an interface, this won't work out-of-the-box. Check on the forums and the Wiki, there are guides on how to accomplish that.

This isn't a bug, this is normal. Modem and routers are in different subnets, so they won't talk to one another.

Thank you for updating the udpxy binary! (but interesting that the last version is 1.0.23-9 at udpxy.com)

I think they just forgot to update the changelog. I extracted the version from the source code itself.

Also please, RMerlin, could you take a look into this topic about dhcp specific issue? http://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac66u-dhcp-ignores-discover-packet-from-ps2-console.31033/

It's not a fact that something wrong with dhcp server, but another Asus router with earlier dnsmasq version works properly with this device. Maybe you could say some advices or maybe there is really something dropping or ignoring such dhcp packet...

No idea, this isn't in my areas of expertise. DHCP is entirely handled by dnsmasq, and I haven't looked at that code.

Last edited:
I have the ac56r and the upgrade went good. did a reset and then went back and put ip monitoring to a flashdrive. hit apply and locked. had to do a nvram reset to get back into it. so if you have the ac56 do not do ip monitoring.
thanks for the upgrade tho as it really flies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!