What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't fix them, I simply reverted back to older code that didn't have these issues. I can't test either of these myself.

Thanks for the revert. All is well on my network now!

I assume you have a more direct path to alert ASUS to the issues with their firmware than the rest of us mere mortals :). I have little confidence that my phone description will move to the right part of the ASUS organization

I'm posting to this thread because the problem was either caused by a recent regression in the firmware code, or possibly by some incompatibility between my settings (which have not changed in months) and recent changes in the firmware code, but I could start a separate thread if necessary.

I would argue that the "code" is incorrect, as I think every user in the forum would complain if something as fundamental as ssh was not working.

I think you may be more closer to the truth with your "Settings" being the culprit. You know that the first step to random issues faced after updating is always factory reset (clear nvram) and manually reconfigure (even if you had to take some time to do this).

IPv6 is still broken. Both under stateless and stateful. Clients lose the link local address (fe80) of the router (RT-AC88U) after extended use.

With the clients no longer having an IPv6 default gateway to leverage, the IPv6 Internet traffic comes crashing down.

Same here, on beta 4 (68U) the HE tunnel is losing the connection. Now back to the final and everything is working again for IPv6.

I assume you have a more direct path to alert ASUS to the issues with their firmware than the rest of us mere mortals :).

If I started contacting them for every bug and issue I encountered, it would become a full-time job for which I'd have to be paid... So no, I generally only contact them for really important issues (such as security related).

Same here, on beta 4 (68U) the HE tunnel is losing the connection. Now back to the final and everything is working again for IPv6.

My HE tunnel has been running flawlessly for days here.

Hello all. The new beta 4 seems to be working flawlessly here. Thank you.

Last edited:
Beta 4 has been formally published. People who flashed the gdd1704a build from the Test Builds folder can stick to it, it's the same build.

I would argue that the "code" is incorrect, as I think every user in the forum would complain if something as fundamental as ssh was not working.

I think you may be more closer to the truth with your "Settings" being the culprit. You know that the first step to random issues faced after updating is always factory reset (clear nvram) and manually reconfigure (even if you had to take some time to do this).

Yes, exactly, which is why I'm asking. I really don't want to have clear the NVRAM and re-enter everything. But if I'm the only one having this issue then that's probably my next step.

Since upgrading to Beta 4, my printer is now "Disabled" with no option to enable. Worked fine in Beta 3.

Since upgrading to Beta 4, my printer is now "Disabled" with no option to enable. Worked fine in Beta 3.
You might elaborate on your setup. This doesn't give any clues...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

You might elaborate on your setup. This doesn't give any clues...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Sorry. RT-ac56u with a brother hl-2240 plugged into the USB 2 port. Clicking on the printer status it's simply listed as "disabled". Downgraded to beta 3 and it's available again.

Sorry. RT-ac56u with a brother hl-2240 plugged into the USB 2 port. Clicking on the printer status it's simply listed as "disabled". Downgraded to beta 3 and it's available again.
So it is a printer connected to the USB port of the router, not wirelessly connecting to the router, right?

Correct. It's a USB only printer.

Can you test using Beta 1, to see if the issue was part of Asus' 3831 GPL, or introduced by the partial downgrade from 4180 to 3831?

I've noticed two things with Beta 4 on the AC88u. The slider under the wireless professional settings that allows you to change the transmit power of the radios is missing. Also, the temperature reading for the 2.4 and 5 GHz radios shows as "Disabled". The CPU temp reports fine.

The slider under the wireless professional settings that allows you to change the transmit power of the radios is missing.

That was removed by Asus.

Also, the temperature reading for the 2.4 and 5 GHz radios shows as "Disabled".

Your specific RT-AC88U revision requires a newer SDK version, which was what was used by 4180, but causes too many other issues. Nothing that can be done, until Asus issues a non-broken version.

Still relatively uneventful on RT-AC3100

uptime 1 day 54 minutes

(Still irk'd by that snapped out window on widescreen monitors)

Put the Beta 4 on my RT-AC68U. Since I don't have Wireless enabled, I never had any issues with previous betas. It still finds my Thumb drive on the USB2 port. All appears well.

Beta 4 working great on my ac3100. No airprint issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!