What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. an LG 34UM95 @3440x1440 @60Hz on an AMD Radeon RX480.
Asus PG348Q @100hz (G-Sync) on an EVGA 1080.

Like I said it's only chrome, and the only addon I have for chrome is ublock. I guess I could always uninstall and reinstall. Though I doubt that will fix page formatting when stretched. Oh well, just me I guess.

Asus PG348Q @100hz (G-Sync) on an EVGA 1080.

Like I said it's only chrome, and the only addon I have for chrome is ublock. I guess I could always uninstall and reinstall. Though I doubt that will fix page formatting when stretched. Oh well, just me I guess.
Nice setup!

EDIT: I just zoomed in and out at full screen (Chrome) and I get that same altered display at 25%, 75%, 90%, 125%, and 175%. But not at other presets. :)

EDIT 2: Flashed back to beta3 and it does exactly the same thing. Hmmm.

Last edited:
The power slider is only present on non-US regions.

As for temperatures, people with newer hardware revisions aren't seeing the 5 GHz temperature because they are most likely using a BCM4366E. Those are still quite uncommon however.

I have a revision 5 and both 2.4 and 5GHz are disabled

I have a revision 5 and both 2.4 and 5GHz are disabled

Nothing I can do about it, since the newer code introduces far more serious issues than just the inability to read your router's CPU temperature. You will have to wait for Asus to release a properly working driver/GPL release.

It's disabled again in Beta 1.

Same thing then. You will have to wait for Asus to issue a working version of the code with that fix in.

Nothing I can do about it, since the newer code introduces far more serious issues than just the inability to read your router's CPU temperature. You will have to wait for Asus to release a properly working driver/GPL release.

Same thing then. You will have to wait for Asus to issue a working version of the code with that fix in.

I'm now really worried about it ,I was just confirming the later revision
what I'm worried out is the cpu temp being 82 degrees C
in the winter
Is 82 degrees normal?

Nice setup!

EDIT: I just zoomed in and out at full screen (Chrome) and I get that same altered display at 25%, 75%, 90%, 125%, and 175%. But not at other presets. :)
Interesting you are also seeing the same behavior...... Windows 10?

It just clicked, I wonder if it has something to do with Windows 10 adjusting the display scaling options on high resolution monitors. I would almost (almost :) ) bet money that my PC at home is set to a %125 DPI setting in the OS, which may be related.

Will check it out later tonight.

updated to beta 4 and wifi disconnects have stopped. and everything seems to be working great!
thanks

380.65_b4 working great on my RT-AC87U. No problems to report.

I just upgrade from beta 3 to 4 and it solve streaming issue over LAN on RT-AC1900P (version 3). I also have a RT-AC66U (version A1) as a repeater and everything is working fine. Thanks!

Interesting you are also seeing the same behavior...... Windows 10?

It just clicked, I wonder if it has something to do with Windows 10 adjusting the display scaling options on high resolution monitors. I would almost (almost :) ) bet money that my PC at home is set to a %125 DPI setting in the OS, which may be related.

Will check it out later tonight.
Exactly what it is. Windows scaling was at %125, setting to %100 fixes it across the board. As well, adjusting the zoom in chrome also snaps it back in.

For some reason I cannot upgrade from beta 3 to 4. It says it's upgraded. But still says on beta 3. I'll do sometime testing. If I have to default first i will. I had no problem updating from 123

Nothing I can do about it, since the newer code introduces far more serious issues than just the inability to read your router's CPU temperature. You will have to wait for Asus to release a properly working driver/GPL release..

Is there problems with the latest Asus firmware 4180 with the 3100 ?? I have been using it in AP mode for days with no issues is there something i should be looking for. Sorry if this is slightly off topic plan on upgrading to 65 once it goes final.

Is there problems with the latest Asus firmware 4180 with the 3100 ??

Check previous posts in this thread. Numerous issues with 4180 and wifi/networking in general.

Is it normal that with Asuswrt-Merlin firmwares Minidlna gets a new uuid on every restart? Because after updating and testing with the latest betas as well I have a problem (which I described in 380.64_2-thread) with my Sony TV :
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r..._2-is-now-available.36333/page-19#post-303951

If the link above won't work I quote myself, see the spoiler below:
I have had Media Server called "Asus" (= Media Server Name) configured all the time, and two usb thumb drives (containing mp4-files) attached to the router. When I open my television, select the Media Player and choose Video, I can see the Asus Server OK and it is "Connected". And I can play the video files. No problem.

But when I reboot or shut down the router (I use to turn off my router quite often, when I am not home etc.) and open the television later, the Media Player of my Sony televison shows two or maybe several Asus Servers listed. The status of one of these is "Connected" and the other(s) are "Disconnected". When I look at the info of these Asus Servers, the "Connected" one has IP 192.168.1.1, and those marked "Disconnected" have no IP address (= IP: -)

The "Connected" Asus Server works OK, no problem. And I can manually delete these "extra" non-working Asus Servers from my TV menu as they appear. And re-scan the available Servers. But they keep coming back all the time, seemingly after turning off the router and turning it on again. Seems like my Asus Server of the router changes a bit after every reboot and television will see and list it as a new Server available?

With earlier firmware versions (mainly non-Merlin ones) I haven't never seen this problem.

edit: Noticed that when I run the Server Diagnostics from menu of my Sony television, the uuid key (UDN) of that "Connected" Asus Media Server gets changed after every reboot of the router. Is this normal? IP address and MAC (of the router) and TCP port (8200) won't change.

edit2: Installed 380.65_beta2. It didn't fix the problem.

The last digits of the uuid change after every reboot of router:
Media Server uuid.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!