What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I think that the airprint issue was present in official 3941 on my ac3100. I didn't think much of it and just switched back to Merlins. Not sure which GPL version Merlin last merged with but from the change log it looks like it was 3831. Is that right? That would further pinpoint when ASUS messed it up.

I ran the beta 3 and now the 4.
Printer is a cheapo Brother totally wireless. works on either beta
That may be due to router models and these issues-+?

My brother MFC print funciton always worked. What was broken was the wireless scanning function. The newest beta that reverts to earlier asus code fixes that isssue.

With my AC-3100, Beta 4 fixes (a) the disappearing printers and (b) the inability to get an IPv6 address, both of which are in the current official firmware.

Grateful, as always, to RMerlin for tracking these down and fixing them, but increasingly frustrated with Asus for letting these things creep in there in the first place and then not fixing them in a timely fashion............

for tracking these down and fixing them,

I didn't fix them, I simply reverted back to older code that didn't have these issues. I can't test either of these myself.

I uploaded updated test builds to the Test Builds folder, this time for all models, and with a few bits from GPL 4180 that I re-added back, such as the updated minidlna/libdisk code, to ensure it stays in-sync with the webui code.

Need these tested a bit before I formally push these as official betas, because these are in Frankenbuild land.

I uploaded updated test builds to the Test Builds folder, this time for all models, and with a few bits from GPL 4180 that I re-added back, such as the updated minidlna/libdisk code, to ensure it stays in-sync with the webui code.

Need these tested a bit before I formally push these as official betas, because these are in Frankenbuild land.
If it's not a big deal, is there a way you can use the driver dated Dec. 9 for AC68U/P that came with 4180?

If it's not a big deal, is there a way you can use the driver dated Dec. 9 for AC68U/P that came with 4180?

With all the wifi complains when I was using it, no.

I'm glad to report that all my previous problems with beta 3 have gone away with beta 4. I can now use my network scanner, my 2.4 ghz tablets and the list doesn't go in out as it used to. Many thanks Merlin! This is on my rt5300. Ipv6 also works!

With all the wifi complains when I was using it, no.
Absolutely, I didn't know it's the driver causing the printer scanner complaints since they are from different models and not specific to 68U/P.

Last edited:
My AC66U B1 is working well on Beta 4 Franken build.

The only thing doesn't work well to me is the App Foscam cameras with UID via P2P.
I don't know if it's due to firmware beta 3 or other.
I will try beta 4.

UPDATE:
Installed beta4-gdd1704a, nothing changed, problem to watch camera via P2P remained.
So probably is not firmware but something else.

Last edited:
I've had Merlin running on my RT-AC66U for years. Since version 380.64 I've been unable to make an SSH connection to the router via LAN. I just upgraded to 380.65-beta3 and the issue is still present.

I am still able to make an SSH connection via WAN, so it is specifically only connecting from the LAN that is not working. As a workaround I can just SSH to an external server and then SSH back to the router.

This has always worked fine all the way up through 380.62, the version I was using before I upgraded to 380.64.

I tried disabling the firewall and VPN client to see if that had any impact, but it did not. I also tried changing the Enable SSH setting to just "LAN" instead of "LAN + WAN" and that did not help either.

The connection is not denied. When I try to connect via LAN the screen is just blank (without any login prompt) until the connection times out.

This problem occurs regardless of if I try to connect to the local IP address (192.168.x.1) of the router, or the public IP, so it doesn't appear to be related to loopback.

Anyone else encounter this? Any thoughts on other things I could check to see what is going on?

Last edited:
I've had Merlin running on my RT-AC66U for years. Since version 380.64 I've been unable to make an SSH connection to the router via LAN. I just upgraded to 380.65-beta3 and the issue is still present.

I am still able to make an SSH connection via WAN, so it is specifically only connecting from the LAN that is not working. As a workaround I can just SSH to an external server and then SSH back to the router.

This has always worked fine all the way up through 380.62, the version I was using before I upgraded to 380.64.

I tried disabling the firewall and VPN client to see if that had any impact, but it did not. I also tried changing the Enable SSH setting to just "LAN" instead of "LAN + WAN" and that did not help either.

The connection is not denied. When I try to connect via LAN the screen is just blank (without any login prompt) until the connection times out.

This problem occurs regardless of if I try to connect to the local IP address (192.168.x.1) of the router, or the public IP, so it doesn't appear to be related to loopback.

Anyone else encounter this? Any thoughts on other things I could check to see what is going on?
Would suggest opening a separate thread on this.

But some thoughts come to mind, if you are SURE you have LAN+WAN ssh access enabled, then maybe you forgot to accept the handshake when connecting. Maybe try a different ssh program (Putty, XShell, SecureCRT etc...). Also make sure that by having you router exposed to WAN (really dislike this), someone has not compromised your router and you are just walking into something waiting for you.

Any thoughts on other things I could check to see what is going on?
I hope your router is not infected like mine was. Had the SSH port randomly changed port itself? From what you described, I doubt that you got the same thing, but to be sure, search in system log for "password auth succeeded" and see if those IPs are yours.

My router is not compromised and all settings are correct.

In case I was not clear enough, this behavior was directly caused by upgrading from 380.62 to 380.64, and it continues in the latest beta.

It worked perfectly before upgrading to 380.64, and I was no longer able to make an SSH connection to the router via the LAN after upgrading to 380.64.

I'm posting to this thread because the problem was either caused by a recent regression in the firmware code, or possibly by some incompatibility between my settings (which have not changed in months) and recent changes in the firmware code, but I could start a separate thread if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!