What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the router would go crazy when enabling Guest Network. My wireless devices keep disconnecting/reconnecting constantly to the router every few seconds and I must hard reset router if toggling the Guest Network on/off to get stable wifi. This happens on both 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz band. FYI - I use the 2.4 GHz guest network band only.
That's interesting, as I also have the guest network enabled. I didn't test 380.65_4 by disabling this as previously it had worked fine and, as I mentioned, for me at least it is now working as expected again. I have a 'secured' guest network for the devices I don't trust enough to be let loose on the main network.

I have flashed this to a ac88u and the only strange thing I have seen so far is that ports 5,6,7,8 appears as down while devices are up and running.
Anyone with this router have seen the same?
Is there any way to check the port status in ssh?

Thanks!

I've checked after read that and I have the same.

This is what I see on mine with the exception of the items in parenthesis that I removed. The unknowns are just as they appear in the GUI. Is it possible that the driver for your second block of ports is corrupted? I had an issue with the radio temps not showing right until I hard reset my router and reflashed it.
Network
HW acceleration
Enabled
Connections 483 / 300000 - 114 active
Ethernet Ports
Port
VLAN Link State Last Device Seen
LAN 8 (RTL) <unknown> 1000 Mbps <unknown>
LAN 7 (RTL) <unknown> 1000 Mbps <unknown>
LAN 6 (RTL) <unknown> 1000 Mbps <unknown>
LAN 5 (RTL) <unknown> Down <unknown>
LAN 4 1 Down <none>
LAN 3 1 Down <none>
LAN 2 3 1000 Full Duplex (MAC Removed)
LAN 1 1 1000 Full Duplex (name removed)
WAN 2 1000 Full Duplex (MAC Removed)
Wireless clients (2.4 GHz) Associated: 1 - Authorized: 1 - Authenticated: 1
Wireless clients (5 GHz) Associated: 1 - Authorized: 1 - Authenticated: 1

That's interesting, as I also have the guest network enabled. I didn't test 380.65_4 by disabling this as previously it had worked fine and, as I mentioned, for me at least it is now working as expected again. I have a 'secured' guest network for the devices I don't trust enough to be let loose on the main network.

With Guest Network enabled, when I try to toggle on or off the b/g protection setting under 2.4 GHz, the WIFI will go crazy needing me to press the power button on back of the router. Still testing this issue...

This is what I see on mine with the exception of the items in parenthesis that I removed. The unknowns are just as they appear in the GUI. Is it possible that the driver for your second block of ports is corrupted? I had an issue with the radio temps not showing right until I hard reset my router and reflashed it.
Network
HW acceleration
Enabled
Connections 483 / 300000 - 114 active
Ethernet Ports
Port
VLAN Link State Last Device Seen
LAN 8 (RTL) <unknown> 1000 Mbps <unknown>
LAN 7 (RTL) <unknown> 1000 Mbps <unknown>
LAN 6 (RTL) <unknown> 1000 Mbps <unknown>
LAN 5 (RTL) <unknown> Down <unknown>
LAN 4 1 Down <none>
LAN 3 1 Down <none>
LAN 2 3 1000 Full Duplex (MAC Removed)
LAN 1 1 1000 Full Duplex (name removed)
WAN 2 1000 Full Duplex (MAC Removed)
Wireless clients (2.4 GHz) Associated: 1 - Authorized: 1 - Authenticated: 1
Wireless clients (5 GHz) Associated: 1 - Authorized: 1 - Authenticated: 1
I will need to hard reset this to see if this behaviour dissapear... I have back to 380.65_4 and outcome was the same.... so upgrading now again to beta1. If this remains will copy all config and will make the hard reset. By the way, I don't see the MAC neither....

Upgraded from the AC56U to the AC88U this weekend and installed Merlin's latest firmware again. Everything went smoothly except for setting up OpenVPN. After hours of playing with the settings and ports, I finally got it working and policy routing fine with TorGuard vpn.

Also, the router would go crazy when enabling Guest Network. My wireless devices keep disconnecting/reconnecting constantly to the router every few seconds and I must hard reset router if toggling the Guest Network on/off to get stable wifi. This happens on both 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz band. FYI - I use the 2.4 GHz guest network band only.
I put this guide together for TorGuard VPN customers. Not sure if you saw it. It is starting to slip down the threads and may not be as visible as a result. I may have to do a bump to make it more visible.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/torguard-openvpn-2-4-client-setup-for-asus-merlin-380-65-380-65_2-part-i.38281/

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/torguard-openvpn-2-4-client-setup-for-asus-merlin-380-65-380-65_2-part-ii.38282/

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/torguard-openvpn-2-4-client-setup-for-asus-merlin-380-65-380-65_2-part-iii.38283/

No, totally unrelated. Never seen that error message before, you might want to check on Google since it's generated by OpenVPN. Please provide more details on your OpenVPN configuration.

Yes it is OpenVPN related, but since OPENVPN has not changed since alpha4, this is a new log message, with the same openvpn Version?

@RMerlin

The beta 1 has all the stuffs from the latest asus fw released today?

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7378
Security fixed
- Fixed CVE-2017-5891.
- Fixed CVE-2017-5892.
- Fixed CVE-2017-6547.
- Fixed CVE-2017-6549.
- Fixed CVE-2017-6548.
- Added log message for brute force attack.

Bug fixed
- Fixed bandwidth limiter bugs.
- Fixed UI issue when using Chrome 56.
- Fixed smart sync bugs.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 2116398e8ec4e9eda5fd9bed00f1fb9c

Thanks

So resuming merlin`s beta one has everything that asus today`s?
This is the very first bullet in the list RMerlin posted in the first post in this thread:
rmerlin said:
Merged with Asus GPL 380_7378 (with some models using 380_7266 binary components). Main changes are the ability to chose the source IP address for a port forward, and a couple of security fixes.

I have an RT-AC68 that has been running the most recent RMerlin, 380.65_4. I flashed the 380.66 Beta this morning, without a factory reset. It seems to be running in router mode just fine, with my old IP settings, but I can't access on GUI or telnet, even after another power cycle. (Though sometimes I can initially access the GUI, it locks up soon after I log in.) Doesn't seem like anyone else has had this issue. (I think I'm going to be stuck doing a factory reset and reloading my last config.) Any thoughts welcome.

I have an RT-AC68 that has been running the most recent RMerlin, 380.65_4. I flashed the 380.66 Beta this morning, without a factory reset. It seems to be running in router mode just fine, with my old IP settings, but I can't access on GUI or telnet, even after another power cycle. (Though sometimes I can initially access the GUI, it locks up soon after I log in.) Doesn't seem like anyone else has had this issue. (I think I'm going to be stuck doing a factory reset and reloading my last config.) Any thoughts welcome.
Try different browsers, clearing browser cache and Ethernet instead of wifi are the first things to try. Can you ssh into the router? Do a tail or cat on the log file for clues. Type the command ipconfig in a windows command prompt. Look for gateway and see if the IP address is the one you are trying to use to access the router. Try turning off PC firewall? https://www.snbforums.com/threads/help-cant-login-to-rt-ac66u.12855/#post-278583

Last edited:
Type the command ipconfig in a windows command prompt.
I like to use windows network connections - Ethernet to see the gateway address instead of launching a cmd prompt.

No, it wasn't. It's out since the date given. I know that because that's when I first saw it.

7378 was released for the ac5300/ac88/ac3100 today. It was released earlier for other models.

7378 is not available for the rt-ac88u at this time leaving 7266 as the latest version on the asus site.

That is weird . . . they usually release the 88 and 3100 at the same time.

That is weird . . . they usually release the 88 and 3100 at the same time.
I think they're having too many issues with the 88u and are trying to resolve them. Tech support wants a time to land line me to talk about the things I've seen with mine. They keep on asking me for the very same information which is getting old. So far I have Uptime 2 days 20 hours 36 minute(s) 32 seconds on this beta and still have a functional IPv6 connection without any reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!