What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
Beta2 breaks iptv movistar tripe vlan setup. Streams stops after a few sexonds on most channels after a few seconds.
I had to revert back to beta1.

When distributing torrents, the huge use of CPU.
I checked this on Transmission and qBittorrent.
There is no such problem with 380.65_4

if your network doesn't have any b/g devices, there's no reason to not be N Only...regardless of frequency range, 2.4 or 5 GHz. And if your network devices can do both, select which freq range to use based on their usual distance from the transmission site (router/AP location). This basically optimizes the wireless links for reliability, from which comes speed.

Thanks, agreed, simply read in this forum that leaving it in Auto was preferred even if you don't' have any b/g. Some claimed setting to N only caused performance issues regardless that it was all N devices connected, perhaps other variables played into there issues but not sure if this claim is true.

Last edited:
Hi.
Beta2 breaks iptv movistar tripe vlan setup. Streams stops after a few sexonds on most channels after a few seconds.
I had to revert back to beta1.

There's no change to the VLAN code between beta 1 and beta 2.

I have found a small bug with my RT-AC88U relating to the web interface while using Chrome Version 58.0.3029.81 (64-bit). When in Adaptive QoS --> Bandwidth Monitor I can't drag the priorities to the clients. The cursor just highlights the text for copy. I am using Traditional QoS with user-defined priorities. Works perfectly in Safari Version 10.1 (12603.1.30.0.34).

Thanks, agreed, simply read in this forum that leaving it in Auto was preferred even if you don't' have any b/g. Some claimed setting to N only caused performance issues regardless that it was all N devices connected, perhaps other variables played into there issues but not sure if this claim is true.
I've not looked into it, so I don't know if this functionality is present (or even possible), but being able to set the b/g aside for use on the guest network bands would be convenient
...air traffic control. Ha!

I've not looked into it, so I don't know if this functionality is present (or even possible), but being able to set the b/g aside for use on the guest network bands would be convenient
...air traffic control. Ha!

So I did my trial testing with several combinations, to end, my performance is much better with the wireless mode in auto, ATF and Turbo QAM enabled. In order for Turbo QAM to work anyways wireless mode needs to be in Auto. I've gone from 80Mbps to 122Mbps on my Samsung S7, not bad for 2.4. I will be upgrading to .66 and hope all remains well. Thanks for your help.

@RMerlin
On AC68U and just installed 380.66_beta2 (coming from the current stable build).

After logging in and restored to factory defaults, I cannot click on "Apply" on Traditional QoS for for some reason. Adaptive and Bandwidth limiter settings can be saved.

edit: Seems it's the Manual Bandwidth Setting is broken.

edit: Browser console log
Code:
Uncaught ReferenceError: min is not defined
    at Object.rangeFloat (validator.js:1343)
    at validForm (QoS_EZQoS.asp:410)
    at submitQoS (QoS_EZQoS.asp:471)
    at HTMLDivElement.onclick (QoS_EZQoS.asp:1358)

Looks like a bug in Asus's code. The function has a _min parameter, but the alert() call tries to use min if you enter an invalid value.

I have found a small bug with my RT-AC88U relating to the web interface while using Chrome Version 58.0.3029.81 (64-bit). When in Adaptive QoS --> Bandwidth Monitor I can't drag the priorities to the clients. The cursor just highlights the text for copy. I am using Traditional QoS with user-defined priorities. Works perfectly in Safari Version 10.1 (12603.1.30.0.34).

Works for me using Chrome 58.0.3029.81 (64-bit). Try disabling your add-ons.

Looks like a bug in Asus's code. The function has a _min parameter, but the alert() call tries to use min if you enter an invalid value.

This is also true for the AC3100 for Adaptive QOS. Won't save, and won't accept decimal (.30) input for upload bandwidth.

Apr 29 09:33:35 openvpn-routing: Configuring policy rules for client 3
Apr 29 09:33:35 openvpn-routing: Configuring policy rules for client 1
Apr 29 09:33:35 openvpn-routing: Creating VPN routing table
Apr 29 09:33:35 openvpn-routing: Creating VPN routing table

That part doesn't make sense to me. I just tested it here with 380.65, and clients are definitely not started in parallel, but one at a time. Do you have any custom script that's configured to manually start any of these clients?

Possible to set manual bandwidth settings via the cli at the least?

Probably, but as soon you'll visit that page, it will probably complain again.

Just wait for the next beta, I'm hoping to have one out tonight, as there's some things I'd like people to test over the next week.

380.66 Beta 3 is being uploaded.

Code:
eb129ac webui: implement help popup for OpenVPN's Internet Redirection options
b5e7b94 Bumped revision to beta 3
bec8038 openvpn: re-implemented code to only copy rules related to the intended tunnel, but as a new Internet routing mode called "Policy Rules (strict)".
0b1aa1c openvpn: use the defined max number of openvpn clients as defined in shared.h where appropriate
6e777ac webui: fix incorrect variable names in the rangeFloat method (bug in upstream code)
f0bfb69 Updated documentation

Please test the new Policy Rules (strict) if you were already using policy rules. This is the same feature that was implemented in beta1, except I chose for now to make it available as a separate mode, in case it might cause issues with certain configurations. The new strict mode is recommended for people who run multiple tunnels, or who need to ensure that no route gets leaked into their client's routing table.

Code:
bec8038 openvpn: re-implemented code to only copy rules related to the intended tunnel, but as a new Internet routing mode called "Policy Rules (strict)".
0b1aa1c openvpn: use the defined max number of openvpn clients as defined in shared.h where appropriate
6e777ac webui: fix incorrect variable names in the rangeFloat method (bug in upstream code)

Please test the new Policy Rules (strict) if you were already using policy rules. This is the same feature that was implemented in beta1, except I chose for now to make it available as a separate mode, in case it might cause issues with certain configurations. The new strict mode is recommended for people who run multiple tunnels, or who need to ensure that no route gets leaked into their client's routing table.

Hi Merlin!
Is there any chance you add separate ip, dns &etc. settings for primary and secondary wan in dual wan mode with usb modem as backup?
Now when switching to secondary wan - usb modem is trying to use all settings from primary wan internet settings page (including dns and so on) and gets an error because cable internet provider is sure to have different ip, dns and other settings from the ones cellular operator has. I need ability to set internet connection settings for usb modem as well..
Thanx!

Is there any chance you add separate ip, dns &etc. settings for primary and secondary wan in dual wan mode with usb modem as backup?

WAN settings are already separate in Dual WAN mode, select the instance you want to edit on the WAN page. If it's not working as expected then it's something Asus will have to fix, as I don't touch neither the Dual WAN or the USB modem code.

WAN settings are already separate in Dual WAN mode, select the instance you want to edit on the WAN page. If it's not working as expected then it's something Asus will have to fix, as I don't touch neither the Dual WAN or the USB modem code.
It is separate for usb modem but there is no setting for ip, dns, mask and so on. So modem is always trying to use these settings from primary wan settings page and gets an error . Thanx for your reply!

I want to say thank you very much to merlin, I cant remember which version it was 380.66 alpha or beta but I'm so happy that unused ports clear quickly now, that's fixed a major issue I used to have. keep up the good work.
Kudos to the extreme :)

Last edited:

Code:

I just flashed Beta 3 on the AC88U with OpenVPN Accept DNS Configuration = Exclusive and Redirect Internet Traffic = ALL. Even though the OpenVPN status says connected, ipleak dot net says my IP is in Thailand rather than my VPN server in USA. So, something is not right. Unfortunately, I do not see any errors in the log file to help out with debugging. Reverting back to Beta 2 makes it work as normal.

I can try the other router with OpenVPN Policy Rules tonight to see if the behavior their is any different as I have Accept DNS Configuration = Strict on that one.

In the past, "Strict" wasn't a good option if I could remember it well.
It wasn't 100% safe (all to technical for me).

Is "Strict" a safe option now?
Because "Strict" gives me the advantage to use ab-solution with a VPN-connection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!