What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-merlin 380.68 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried this beta on my AC68u just now and noticed that my PS4 is having major connection problems accessing its services and time outs. (This behavior is also seen on 380.67.) Browsing on the console seems fine tho. The console is DMZ'ed, wired to port 1, and UPnP is off.

I'm reporting this here before I downgrade back to 380.66_6.

I've installed 380.66_4 on my RT-AC68U and would like updating to 380.68-beta with factory reset.
Do I need to make a factory reset again once I've installed the final release?
IMHO, if you really want to do the factory reset, it is up to you. Feel free to do it. No problemo. But I think there's actually no need to do the factory reset at all if you don't have any problems after updating.

Where does it show as open exactly? It properly reports WPA2 for me on the Wireless General page as well as on the Network Map page.
It shows this on any device that is picking up the WiFi signal, with SmartConnect enabled both 2.4 and 5 radios.
Once you try to connect to it, which I did on my phones, it times out with no internet access and lists it as "Network only" but even the ASUS App cannot connect to it.
Wired connection is unaffected.

It shows this on any device that is picking up the WiFi signal, with SmartConnect enabled both 2.4 and 5 radios.
Once you try to connect to it, which I did on my phones, it times out with no internet access and lists it as "Network only" but even the ASUS App cannot connect to it.
Wired connection is unaffected.
Works correctly for me. Make sure you don't have a guest Network enabled.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I tried this beta on my AC68u just now and noticed that my PS4 is having major connection problems accessing its services and time outs. (This behavior is also seen on 380.67.) Browsing on the console seems fine tho. The console is DMZ'ed, wired to port 1, and UPnP is off.

I'm reporting this here before I downgrade back to 380.66_6.
Should be using upnp not DMZ, try that before downloading grading.

Guest network is disabled, I can try to reproduce for you with pictures/video if you'd like.
I've reflashed with this version, and even went to stock firmware and it still persists.

Only way to "undo" the "open network" advertisement is to go through the Quick Setup and set the SSID and WPA2 keys there.
Which splits it back into two broadcasts, and allows/shows they are secure and can connect.

Guest network is disabled, I can try to reproduce for you with pictures/video if you'd like.
I've reflashed with this version, and even went to stock firmware and it still persists.

Try doing a factory default reset then. So far no one else has reported the same issue, and I am unable to reproduce it here, so it must be something specific to your configuration.

You have answered your own issue, if the "problem" still persists with the stock firmware your device needs resetting.

Try doing a factory default reset then. So far no one else has reported the same issue, and I am unable to reproduce it here, so it must be something specific to your configuration.
Do you have a recommended method of total reset?
I've gone through the process using the WebUI and the reset button in the back of the router, but it still persists.
Even forgetting the network on connected devices still shows it as "Open" even with disabling WiFi radios on the router, or on the devices.

I've gone through the process using the WebUI and the reset button in the back of the router, but it still persists.

Either method would be fine, just make sure you do reconfigure everything manually afterward and you don't reload a saved backup.

In any case, since you have the issue with different firmware, this is unrelated to the Beta release of this thread.

Im using a chrome browser on lubuntu.

EDIT: Tried the same thing on my tablet. Chrome on android. Works fine. So its the version of Chrome used for lubuntu.

I added a checkbox to disable the auto-refresh.

I compiled 380.68_beta2 and installed it. Seems to be working just fine except I noticed a problem with the USB drive when installing this firmware. Then noticed after installing the firmware it did a USB repair. First time I've seen this happening. Shouldn't the prefix 380 be changed to 382?

Small Items:

Skip Wizard graphical glitch:
skip-wizard.png

Typo? in description:
typo.png

Had a strange cockeyed counter on a "Reboot", and it kept stuttering. 1,2,3.........4,5,6........7,8,9
cockeyed.png

Normal log when testing fq_codel?
Aug 17 18:34:55 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 15: is non-work-conserving?

working awesome in AC87u and AC68u. Thanks Merlin for your support to Asus loyalists. I see the mention of 382 Code in this update; So, does this mean Asus has agreed to fully cooperate with you on GPL 382 Code? That would be comforting news for the community.

Works with my AC3100 with guest network enabled.

if you read his prior posts on the issue hes, just porting the gui form the brt model since the code was compatable and makes ui work easier, as far as im aware merlin isnt at this stage porting more than the ui, he can feel free to correct me if im wrong.

I have an RT-AC87U in AP MODE. Prior build had support for Traffic Analyzer stats. After upgrade to 380.68-Beta1, lost Traffic Analyzer.

I compiled 380.68_beta2 and installed it. Seems to be working just fine except I noticed a problem with the USB drive when installing this firmware. Then noticed after installing the firmware it did a USB repair. First time I've seen this happening. Shouldn't the prefix 380 be changed to 382?

No, the codebase is still 380. Only a few select webui elements were backported from 382.

I have an RT-AC87U in AP MODE. Prior build had support for Traffic Analyzer stats. After upgrade to 380.68-Beta1, lost Traffic Analyzer.

Traffic Analyzer doesn't make sense in AP mode, as it can only monitor traffic between a WAN and a LAN. AP have no WAN.

There is this message now just by changing the GUI language

Aug 17 20:36:36 rc_service: httpd 468:notify_rc email_info
Aug 17 20:36:40 rc_service: httpd 468:notify_rc email_info

Nothing annoying, but does the router try to send an email , just for that ? o_O

AFAIK this should only be triggered by the Feedback page. Which page were you on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!