What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-merlin 380.68 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
working awesome in AC87u and AC68u. Thanks Merlin for your support to Asus loyalists. I see the mention of 382 Code in this update; So, does this mean Asus has agreed to fully cooperate with you on GPL 382 Code? That would be comforting news for the community.

No. 382 is currently impossible to port to any of the models that I support. My last emails to Asus weren't even answered, so don't hold any hope.

Skip Wizard graphical glitch:

Already fixed on Github.

Typo? in description:

Asus's dict files are filled with poor translations. I don't even bother anymore trying to correct them, half of the content would need to be rewritten, for most languages... They asked the community to provide them with suggestions about 18 months ago, and nothing came out of it AFAIK.

Normal log when testing fq_codel?
Aug 17 18:34:55 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 15: is non-work-conserving?

Unrelated to fq_codel, those random messages have always been there, and can be ignored.

It does this on all pages, and all languages

I checked, and currently this function doesn't do anything (doesn't exist yet in 380). It's intended to notify the new Notification Center (that's part of 382) of the language change (so it will, I presume, send future notifications in the new selected language).

Well, you can't download an official 382 version yet, so.. Well, at least I don't see any here: https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/

So far, 382 is only publicly available for the GT-AC5300 and RT-AC86U AFAIK. Lyra might possibly be on the 382 codebase as well.

Surprisingly, the BRT-AC828 is still on 380, although on a separate branch from the other devices, with a few pieces from 382 backported to it (like the new menu system that I used).

Traffic Analyzer doesn't make sense in AP mode, as it can only monitor traffic between a WAN and a LAN. AP have no WAN.
I had it in ap mode as well on my 87u, I still have the tools menu with the upnp secure mode option and the other stuff like flush memory and wan duck, want me to make another screen shot, i hope that gets removed as well.

No. 382 is currently impossible to port to any of the models that I support. My last emails to Asus weren't even answered, so don't hold any hope.

So what does this mean? When the official 382 code comes out, will all new and legacy models run on it? e.g. AC68U, AC86U, AC88U, etc. If all new and legacy routers will run the 382 code, this means no more of your firmware? The stock ASUS firmware, especially on their newest hardware, is buggy and lacking the polish of your firmware.

So what does this mean? When the official 382 code comes out, will all new and legacy models run on it? e.g. AC68U, AC86U, AC88U, etc. If all new and legacy routers will run the 382 code, this means no more of your firmware? The stock ASUS firmware, especially on their newest hardware, is buggy and lacking the polish of your firmware.
Some one posted a leaked image of an 88u on 382.

I started getting this flashing exclamation point in the top right corner of the UI. Clicking on CHANGE NOW does nothing. Screen flashes promptly, with no change applied.

D2rbalr.jpg

Can someone shed some light on why am I getting this? Thank you!

I started getting this flashing exclamation point in the top right corner of the UI. Clicking on CHANGE NOW does nothing. Screen flashes promptly, with no change applied.

D2rbalr.jpg

Can someone shed some light on why am I getting this? Thank you!
Double nat, is your modem in bridge mode, if not that's why. But if the modem is in bridge mode, I'd reset the router to factory, or I'd mac clone the ISP modem.

I had it in ap mode as well on my 87u, I still have the tools menu with the upnp secure mode option and the other stuff like flush memory and wan duck, want me to make another screen shot, i hope that gets removed as well.

That's because I didn't bother sorting out which feature works in which mode on the Tools menu - some settings on it will work in any mode. So I display it in all modes.

I don't know, Asus hasn't announced anything regarding their plans for existing models.

@RMerlin, not sure if reported yet. On the VPN connections page; when refreshing, it floods the fields with the same connection.
Example below.
This happens on an Asus AC66U

jcGM5ru.png

@RMerlin, not sure if reported yet. On the VPN connections page; when refreshing, it floods the fields with the same connection.

Cannot report the same behavior. I am using IPVanish as an openvpn client, no issues in chrome or firefox. Please clear your entire browser cache and try again.

OR because maybe you are using PTPP?

Ac88u on 380.68 beta 1
Noticed on network map page, system status area

The LAN port info is only showing WAN0 and LAN1-LAN4
The other LAN port info (realtek) not displayed

Any similar occurrence on other ac88u?

Cannot report the same behavior. I am using IPVanish as an openvpn client, no issues in chrome or firefox. Please clear your entire browser cache and try again.

OR because maybe you are using PTPP?

PTPP yes.
Cleared cache and cookies + used incognito > same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!