What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"384.14_beta2" Running smoothly for a few days on an RT-AC66U_B1 with RT-AC68U firmware. Thank you for your great work.

Updated to Merlin Beta 2. Did a complete reinstall from scratch to my RT-AC86U (main router which has 2 AIMesh RT-AC68Us nodes running latest stock Asus firmware). My memory was about 55%. Installed 2 USB drives in the 2 USB ports. Now memory is around 92-95%. (Note, I'm not sure what memory was running at before the upgrade to beta 2).

Other than the USB drives, I have a very plain vanilla setup with all the Trend Micro stuff shutoff, no VPN, no scripts, etc. Is this normal or is this a possible bug? Other than the high memory usage, everything seems to be running fine.

@JohnD5000, that is normal. I would suggest you use one of the USB drives to install a swap file following the amtm Step-by-Step link in my signature below.

Note that doing so will delete all your existing data! Take the necessary precautions (backup your files to another drive) and I would also suggest you only have the USB drive you want to have erased plugged in while doing so. :)

Dont if its important, but i noticed something with wifi settings (professional tab)
Enable IGMP Snooping
=
disable by default with .13
= enable ( after factory reset with .14_beta)

@JohnD5000, that is normal. I would suggest you use one of the USB drives to install a swap file following the amtm Step-by-Step link in my signature below.

Note that doing so will delete all your existing data! Take the necessary precautions (backup your files to another drive) and I would also suggest you only have the USB drive you want to have erased plugged in while doing so. :)

Thanks, I have some questions, but since they are not Merlin Beta related, I will post in the "amtm step-by-step install guide - L&LD" thread.

RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200, please see this post regarding a 384.13_2 test build, with a number of fixes backported from 384.14.

Last edited:
Bug:
Everytime I make a change in the Administration/System tab, I get an error when I click Apply
(#####). This port is for: SSH.
where ##### is whatever port I have in SSH port. The work around is to change the SSH port number, click Apply, then change the SSH port number back to where it was and click Apply

Note: I tried to change "Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs" and "USB Mode" and received error

This has already been reported on page 27 of this thread.

Aswell as merlin's response to it.

Reimplemented the faketc script (which injects fq_codel support into Adaptive QoS) as a binary executable for better performance (reducing the chances of warning messages during QoS initialization if QoS took too long to initialize)
Has anyone noted an improvement in QoS initialization? I've been playing with QoS on 384.13 and watching the slow tc commands chug along in htop. This could make FreshJR's 5 minute startup delay obsolete.

Has anyone noted an improvement in QoS initialization? I've been playing with QoS on 384.13 and watching the slow tc commands chug along in htop. This could make FreshJR's 5 minute startup delay obsolete.

Did you see a measurable difference? I expect it to be faster (since it's now native C code), but I haven't done any actual benchmarking to compare.

Self compiled 384.14_b3 dirty upgrade over b2 running nicely. I haven't rebooted b2 since it came out. No real issues with the b3 build. Thanks @RMerlin and firmware team.

Self compiled 384.14_b3 dirty upgrade over b2 running nicely. I haven't rebooted b2 since it came out. No real issues with the b3 build. Thanks @RMerlin and firmware team.

So there is a b3 available now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RMerlin An odd question if you have time to answer.

How can one mimic a router reboot from SSH without issuing a "reboot" command, for example does we have a service restart_xxx command for every process a router goes through when it does a soft reboot so that we can issue them ourselves one by one?

@RMerlin An odd question if you have time to answer.

How can one mimic a router reboot from SSH without issuing a "reboot" command, for example does we have a service restart_xxx command for every process a router goes through when it does a soft reboot so that we can issue them ourselves one by one?

No, not all services can manually be stopped through the service applet. The reboot command as well as the service start_reboot both do additional work that cannot be done manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!