What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a dirty flash over 384.13 yesterday evening CET. This morning the DHCP was not working, the router indicated internet was down and the CPU usage was constantly high. Did a reboot and everything was working again. Now it's evening again and had the same issue. Reverted back to 384.13. Log did not indicate crashes while there was a high CPU usage. Router model is RT-AC86U.
I had an issue with “Internet status: Disconnected” when I flashed over 384.13.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/internet-status-disconnected.59830/

I ended up resetting to factory default and loaded all my settings manually. I’ve had no issues since. It’s been nearly 3 weeks. Might want try a reset.

Did a dirty flash over 384.13 yesterday evening CET. This morning the DHCP was not working, the router indicated internet was down and the CPU usage was constantly high. Did a reboot and everything was working again. Now it's evening again and had the same issue. Reverted back to 384.13. Log did not indicate crashes while there was a high CPU usage. Router model is RT-AC86U.
I had the same thing happen with my AX88u master with two AC88u mesh nodes on stock Asus. I did not have time to reset and reconfigure so, am back on .13 and all is well for now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It is also caused by enabling Traffic Analyzer - Statistic. When I turn that and AiProtection off, no more crashes cluttering up the log.
I disabled that now and I will see if the crashes stop. It is too bad because I like the Traffic Analyzer - Statistic feature.

This exact situation has happened to me many times over the last year with every merlin release during that time. The only pattern I have noticed is it has happened a few times at the exact moment I opened my laptop (on ethernet). But it has also happened at other random times, like in the middle of the night when I was doing nothing. Along with no DHCP and high CPU usage, the light on my USB stick was constantly flashing and felt hot.

I am using pretty minimal settings so no jffs scripts etc. No issues that i can report.

Some lines that im not sure was they in 384.13

Wlan: (likely smart connect?) Lines like these pop often, default settings used.
acsd: selected channel spec: 0x1002 (2)
acsd: Adjusted channel spec: 0x1002 (2)
acsd: selected channel spec: 0x1002 (2)
acsd: acs_set_chspec: 0x1002 (2) for reason APCS_CSTIMER

No oddities with QOS

Turning leds off and on from webui does work, but when unplugging wan cable, the wan led turns off instead lighting red. It will come back normal white when plugging back.

So far so good thanks!

Using AC88U

I ended up resetting to factory default and loaded all my settings manually. I’ve had no issues since. It’s been nearly 3 weeks. Might want try a reset.

I had the same thing happen with my AX88u master with two AC88u mesh nodes on stock Asus. I did not have time to reset and reconfigure so, am back on .13 and all is well for now.

This exact situation has happened to me many times over the last year with every merlin release during that time. The only pattern I have noticed is it has happened a few times at the exact moment I opened my laptop (on ethernet). But it has also happened at other random times, like in the middle of the night when I was doing nothing. Along with no DHCP and high CPU usage, the light on my USB stick was constantly flashing and felt hot.

I mostly do dirty flashes, but this is the first time that I experienced this. I don't use USB devices on the router. If I have to do a factory reset and manual configuration, I probably wait for the release.

@RMerlin

AC86U device - FW 384.13

UPGRADE - FW 384.14 (beta1)

Procedure:
- Firefox with cache cleared
- backup current configuration;
- backup JFFS;
- reset to previous FW 384.13;
- Firefox with cache cleared;
- upgrade new FW beta;
- reset FW beta installed;
- FW and JFFS configuration recovery.

FW beta fully functional.

Otherwise, these were the only records I found. If it is functional, ignore it.
Code:
Nov  9 07:56:39 modprobe: module ip6t_REJECT not found in modules.dep
Nov  9 07:56:39 modprobe: module ip6t_ROUTE not found in modules.dep
Nov  9 07:56:39 modprobe: module ip6t_LOG not found in modules.dep
Code:
May  5 02:05:18 modprobe: module ext3 not found in modules.dep
May  5 02:05:18 modprobe: module ext4 not found in modules.dep
May  5 02:05:18 modprobe: module ext2 not found in modules.dep

It is also caused by enabling Traffic Analyzer - Statistic. When I turn that and AiProtection off, no more crashes cluttering up the log.
I have disabled both AIProtection and Traffic Analyzer Statistics, and rebooted. The DCD crashes continue unabated. Is there anything else to disable?

Uptime of 24 hours, no issues noticed or logged.

I disabled that now and I will see if the crashes stop. It is too bad because I like the Traffic Analyzer - Statistic feature.
Why? There is zero harm from dcd crashing and restarting itself over and over, other than a bit of clutter in the log file, which there are a couple methods to either scrape those messages from the log file or send them to their own file (scribe). If you never looked at the system log, you'd never know it was happening, as it has no affect on the operation of the router.

Can you test to see if the LED button has the same behaviour as the webui setting?
I believe so. Will test when I get a chance.

Usually when I see the sole WAN LED on, I press the button to turn them on, then again to turn them (until the next WAN failure,)

@RMerlin

AC86U device - FW 384.13

Procedure:
- backup JFFS;
- upgrade new FW beta;

Code:
Code:

Your last step rendered every step previous to be redundant. You might as well have done a dirty flash.

@RMerlin

AC86U device - FW 384.13

Procedure:
- backup JFFS;
- upgrade new FW beta;

Code:
Code:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/384-14_alpha-builds-testing-all-variants.59019/page-16#post-524154

Upgrade RT-AC86U from V38413 to V384.14_beta1 via dirty firmware upgrade. 52 devices and all appears to be working. Let's Encrypt doesn't work?

Dirty upgrade from 384.13 to 384.14Beta1 on RT-AC86U - all stable - LED's on/off via webgui works.
Add-ons per signature fully functional and stable - but noticed that WLC events now reappear in System Messages instead of in wlceventd.log under Syslog-ng ... but probably something for @cmkelley to fix in his scribe script. [Description of event change in firmware log output?]

I updated to 384.14_beta1 over 384.14_alpha2
Have been running without trouble yet for 2 days :) Thank You!

Didn't have the patience to wait for the release, so I did a factory reset and manually configured everything again. Now see how it runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!