What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Factory reset with Beta2 on the RT-AC86, A bunch of devices manual assigned and flying with good and strong signals across 2.4 and 5, When I turn on a wireless device, it will trigger amas_lib and restart firewall, while I have no amas? AiProtection enabled with no errors. 1-day uptime.

Thanks Merlin!

Functional Let's Encrypt again :) Thanks

Oh... Asus is out with WPA3 on stable firmware too.

Looking forward to this integrated into Merlin :)

ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.7756
- Enhanced the Wi-Fi 6 performance with Apple® iPhone11, Samsung® S10.
- Supported WPA3
- Supported OFDMA
- Supported 802.11k and 802.11v
- Fixed Let's encrypt register related bugs.
- Fixed connection issues between Android and RT-AX88U IPSec VPN server.
- Improved system stability.

A week or so ago, I reverted back to 384.13 after having various issues again with 384.14_b1. Flashed to 384.14_b2 and everything plays nicely. Thanks, @RMerlin !
This is a self-compiled build. Little or no trivial issues except the ever common dcd_taint complaint issued by the router.

Last edited:
It's worth noting that "unexplained" log entries are most definitely not the same thing as "problems". Developers turn on debugging outputs and forget (or don't bother) to turn them off, some developers think everyone will "obviously" know a certain log entry is just for information no matter how poorly worded, and English is not the 1st (or sometimes not even the 2nd) language for many developers, so the log entries may not be worded to reflect the developers' intent. I'm sure there are other caveats I've omitted.

The point is, even ominous-looking log entries can be purely informational, or just debugging outputs only useful to the original developer. Even somewhat meaningful log entries such as the infamous dcd_tainted crash, are really a "so what" because the service just restarts itself (and then crashes again, rinse, lather, repeat), which, while it is crappy programming on ASUS/Trend Micro's part, it doesn't affect router operation at all.
worthy of a sticky. great post

It goes out of necessity. At least home, I have no need for MU-MIMO. I often isolate on the guest network the Alexa echo dot and Android Box. I have few devices.

Enable IGMP Snooping
Preamble Type: Short
Disable UPnP
There's another thread aimed at 2.4g settings, but I can't find it. Its not the 5g recommendations threads.

It's worth noting that "unexplained" log entries are most definitely not the same thing as "problems". Developers turn on debugging outputs and forget (or don't bother) to turn them off, some developers think everyone will "obviously" know a certain log entry is just for information no matter how poorly worded, and English is not the 1st (or sometimes not even the 2nd) language for many developers, so the log entries may not be worded to reflect the developers' intent. I'm sure there are other caveats I've omitted.

The point is, even ominous-looking log entries can be purely informational, or just debugging outputs only useful to the original developer. Even somewhat meaningful log entries such as the infamous dcd_tainted crash, are really a "so what" because the service just restarts itself (and then crashes again, rinse, lather, repeat), which, while it is crappy programming on ASUS/Trend Micro's part, it doesn't affect router operation at all.

I agree with your post. I don’t want to turn into the poster child for commenting on log entries— My post was due to real experiential problems, here a just a few:

Nest camera glitches
Google Home Hub losing and regaining connectivity
My MacBook Pro throughput stalling and slowing to a crawl
My sons Dell gaming PC losing connectivity

I looked at the logs to see if they could help inform a solution. They didn’t help me find a solution, but did call my attention to a bunch of unwanted services turned on.

The older ASUS firmware continues to work as expected for me.

Cheers!

Last edited:
When you say might be an issue with how the wifi is setup what should I be looking for?

Please ignore this question

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is there a requirement to use a host name on the LAN IP page? Can it be left blank without any issues?

Code:
 Compiled in drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd on Nov  9 2019 at 05:27:52
May  5 02:05:09 kernel: wfd_registerdevice Successfully registered dev eth6 ifidx 0 wfd_idx 1
May  5 02:05:09 kernel: Register interface [eth6]  MAC: 04:d4:c4:43:53:1c
It can be a problem of how you set up your wifi and clients. Here normal. All updates need adaptations.
When you say there may be a problem in the Wi-Fi setup, what exactly should I be looking for?

Do I need to reset router?

No, that's just the price to pay for using a common domain name like asuscomm.com (or any other DDNS service). Let's Encrypt will throttle requests, causing delays from time to time.

Is there a requirement to use a host name on the LAN IP page? Can it be left blank without any issues?

No. After a factory default reset, it will default to the model name (combined with part of the MAC if I recall). Just enter anything that's valid for a hostname (letter, digits and dashes mostly).

No. After a factory default reset, it will default to the model name (combined with part of the MAC if I recall). Just enter anything that's valid for a hostname (letter, digits and dashes mostly).

Great thanks for that info. There is a field under it also, titled rt-Ac 86u domain name, I leave that blank, should I be inserting something into that field?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, that's just the price to pay for using a common domain name like asuscomm.com (or any other DDNS service). Let's Encrypt will throttle requests, causing delays from time to time.
Its working now....thanks for all you do RMerlin !!! Its greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!