What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 beta (and 384.13_5) are available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the firmware...

2 Questions - looked around but didn't see where to do this. Both functions deal with remote management of the Node on a Mesh network. Is there an option in the Mesh Host firmware that allows you to 1) turn off LEDs on the Mesh Node and 2) reboot the Mesh Node.

I can SSH into the Node using it's IP address and the SSH port set for the Host and issue command line options from there. But it would be so much simpler if this were located on the Host's GUI.

It may be due to excess network load on such services these days.
Second that... I use GoTo Meeting regularly from home for work. This last week it has been really iffy, both logging in and in quality during the call.

Loving the firmware...

2 Questions - looked around but didn't see where to do this. Both functions deal with remote management of the Node on a Mesh network. Is there an option in the Mesh Host firmware that allows you to 1) turn off LEDs on the Mesh Node and 2) reboot the Mesh Node.

I can SSH into the Node using it's IP address and the SSH port set for the Host and issue command line options from there. But it would be so much simpler if this were located on the Host's GUI.

For the reboot part, you can use Asus's router management app, it does include the reboot node option.

I don't think the second thing is possible via the app or GUI because it's an Asuswrt-Merlin only feature (AFAIK) so your only option is SSH or a script to automate the control.

So, why are speed graphs (not only the new one, also the traffic analyzer sadly does it this way) drawn in bytes per second?

Because typically, applications used by regular end-users report in bytes, while networking configuration parameters are reported in bits. Check your web browser and your torrent clients - they all report download rates in bytes.

I am sure I missed this somewhere but is the new up/down graph available in the 384-13_5 firmware for the 3200?

Not at this time, no. I haven't decided yet if I will backport it to the RT-AC3200 and RT-AC87U, as these are now on limited support, so I try as much as possible to only backport fixes, not new features that may potentially introduce new issues that would force me to keep supporting them for longer than I want to.

I made an exception for amtm and the addon API because I wanted to have a unified base available to developers regardless of the router model.

No. AiMesh is closed source, so I cannot add anything to its functionality, which includes adding more variables shared between nodes. The only way for you is to SSH into the node, and manually disable it (or use the LED button if your node has one).

Code:
nvram set led_disable=1
service restart_leds

Second that... I use GoTo Meeting regularly from home for work. This last week it has been really iffy, both logging in and in quality during the call.

We use Microsoft teams and Goto meeting since i've been working from home all this week and both those services has been good.

But I also think my home connection helps as I'm on fiber and on smaller nodes compared to cable with everyone home right now.

RT-AX56U with 384.16 beta.
Main issues:
-Adaptive QoS is broken (It's not correctly limiting the download/upload)
Minor Issues:
- Network Map-> Client View List occasionally fail to load
- Power led is switched OFF

With the stock firmware I had two devices which suffered from "No Internet Acces, secured"/Gateway issues (dhcp related? mostly affecting n devices, ac/ax have no problems at all ), after flashing AsusWrt-merlin this issue completely disappeared.

Last edited:
Brand new RT-AX56U restored to factory defaults after switching to 384.16 Beta 1.
Working well: Open VPN server and clients, IPSec server, 2.4GHz & 5GHz clients connecting alright (n, ac and ax.)

Not working:
- USB2 shows no device attached, although I have an USB stick there. I can manually mount it and it works. However, the GUI doesn't show it.
- Administration -> System page doesn't apply changes; Router Login Name shows "This account already exists. Please enter a different name."
- Power LED turns off after the Internet connection is established during the boot process and remains off. All others are on.

Looks solid, thank you!

I just updated my RT-AC68P with 384.16_beta1. Everything seems to be working, except for one bug, that also exists in 384.14:

When I configure the router (at my home) with a Guest WiFi SSID, guests are able to access an OpenVPN tunnel that connects to another Asus router at my office location. The guests have full access to my office LAN.

My understanding is that the guests should only be able to access the internet and no computers on my local LAN. This is working correctly, except for the ability to access remote locations thru my OpenVPN tunnel.

Any chance you could fix this in this release?

Thanks,

Try Yazfi. It allows vlans with different ip subnets. You can have each guest wifi on its own vlan and subnet. You set it to use wan or vpn.

That doesn't mean that someone's not going to go find/use one that can...

I built my own power supply out of a transformer, rectifier bridge and some caps to filter the hum, and I added this to boost output. I was hoping it would increase my WiFi range, because getting to the downstairs utility room is tough.

https://amzn.to/2vCR7pU

Maybe that wasn't the best choice.

I built my own power supply out of a transformer, rectifier bridge and some caps to filter the hum, and I added this to boost output. I was hoping it would increase my WiFi range, because getting to the downstairs utility room is tough.

https://amzn.to/2vCR7pU

Maybe that wasn't the best choice.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
Maybe you don’t want kids [emoji2370]
Who am I to judge?[emoji1591][emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be due to excess network load on such services these days.

I reverted to 384.15,and all is well again...no more VOIP stutter, bufferbloat back to A+ 6ms 833up/800down; with my mini-me streaming on youtube.

384.16-beta2 (and refreshed 384.13_5) builds are now available.

Changes since Beta 1:

mainline:
Code:
104e894da0 Updated documentation
67e171c075 dnsmasq: update to 2.81rc4-33-g7558f2b-openssl
f2d35bcb60 inadyn: updated to 2.7
6e062fdf89 Merge pull request #447 from dave14305/patch-2
58b587b15e Merge pull request #453 from dave14305/patch-1
c872f241e6 webui: report subunit clients as being Local Clients rather than Guests when in repeater mode
900bae11cf webui: fix layout and colours on the Please Wait progress report
ac8a9b06a1 webui: reuse colours matching other meters for the download/upload meters
31e1c42eae webui: remove Guest flag from all guests clients, not just the first client
6278a1855a openssl-1.1: updated to 1.1.1e
bf2d5998f6 rc: dnsmasq remove expired KSK-2010
6cbd447c74 memaccess: rename unused 'sh' applet for 'sh.bcm' to avoid conflict with the shell
a366a81808 memaccess: re-add it to the build, the RT-AX56U uses it to properly configure its LEDs
805f0b4ae4 webui: fix incorrect guest SSID variables accessed for 5GHz-2
0595408572 rstats: Still broken - Revert "rstats: backport fixes from 386_36400"
2824ac0068 Bumped revision to beta 2
e1b2fe0adb shared: fix duplicate dnspriv entries in defaults.c

ax:
Code:
104e894da0 Updated documentation
67e171c075 dnsmasq: update to 2.81rc4-33-g7558f2b-openssl
f2d35bcb60 inadyn: updated to 2.7
58b587b15e Merge pull request #453 from dave14305/patch-1
d0d5b140e3 webui: report subunit clients as being Local Clients rather than Guests when in repeater mode
900bae11cf webui: fix layout and colours on the Please Wait progress report
9dfb96247b webui: remove Guest flag from all guests clients, not just the first client
75f8f183f1 SDK-6750: re-add spudd/pdc (bcmspu) and cryptodev (unused) to the source tree
6278a1855a openssl-1.1: updated to 1.1.1e
f242c9b24f memaccess: rename unused 'sh' applet for 'sh.bcm' to avoid conflict with the shell
7d0da139c6 memaccess: re-add it to the build, the RT-AX56U uses it to properly configure its LEDs
bf2d5998f6 rc: dnsmasq remove expired KSK-2010
04561b693f webui: fix incorrect guest SSID variables accessed for 5GHz-2
cae928a1c1 httpd: backport some fixes from 385_20252 - fixes constant alert() warnings after obtaining LE certificate
0595408572 rstats: Still broken - Revert "rstats: backport fixes from 386_36400"
2824ac0068 Bumped revision to beta 2

legacy:
Code:
acc9bd1241 Updated documentation
c1604fe3af webui: fix layout and colours on the Please Wait progress report
7efaadb620 openssl-1.1: update to 1.1.1e

Smooth colors, love the look, and running reliably as usual so far, but still, no smoke, no pyrotechnics, and not a single detonation.

10 out of 10 for reliability, features and aesthetics, but a resounding 2 for excitement. Maybe you are holding back on that aspect of it because of the current world situation and the need for stability, but I for one can't wait much longer. I might have to downgrade to something less trustworthy and feature rich to get the disappointment that I am looking for.

( ;) ) Thank you Merlin, you continue to make a good thing better.

I poured over the changelogs, but couldn't find if the Kr00k vulnerability is patched in the 384.16 betas? Unless I'm missing something, is it included in the backports?

For the 68U, the 3.0.0.4.385.20253 firmware (released 03/10/2020) has the patch included, something tells me Merlin got the GPL's before the public release (VIP treatment.. :))

Edit: Further info: https://www.asus.com/Static_WebPage/ASUS-Product-Security-Advisory/

I poured over the changelogs, but couldn't find if the Kr00k vulnerability is patched in the 384.16 betas? Unless I'm missing something, is it included in the backports?

No, since Asus hasn't released any GPL containing fixes yet.

Smooth update to refreshed 384.13_5 on 87u
Thanks RMerlin :)
Tools/Sysinfo: Firmware Build= Sun Mar 22 19:49:31 UTC 2020 merlin@acc9bd1 (the refreshed 384.13_5)

(Old 384.13_5 Firmware Build= Sat Mar 14 17:49:57 UTC 2020 merlin@d36a34a)

Reactions: MDM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!