What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 beta (and 384.13_5) are available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget about QOS just use your connection. Buffer bloat is only present when your connection speed is maxed out. Unless your downloading or uploading constantly it's not a issue.

This is to report another succesful dirty upgrade to 384.16b2 on my rt-ax88u after an uneventful week running beta1.
Kudos to Merlin and all the development team ! Great work and thanks a lot !

I will for sure post feedback if anything worth commenting happens...

This is to report another succesful dirty upgrade to 384.16b2 on my rt-ax88u after an uneventful week running beta1.
Kudos to Merlin and all the development team ! Great work and thanks a lot !

I will for sure post feedback if anything worth commenting happens...
Ditto on my RT-AX88U

I have udated to beta2 and working fine. :rolleyes:

Inadyn shold be 2.7 but it is:

Mar 23 07:13:57 inadyn[1238]: In-a-dyn version 2.6 -- Dynamic DNS update client.

It's 2.7, it's just the autoconf files that didn't get re-generated, so they are still marked as 2.6.

I'm owner of both RT-AC3200 & RT-AC87U feeling left in the dark.
Any news on the release from Asus?

Asus no longer keeps these two models in sync with the newer models, so it's not because they aren't releasing updates, it's because those updates that they release are no longer compatible.

My configuration still falls back to 192Mbps when using auto on the channel on 5GHz on beta 2 on my ax88. Using manual and it gets to 866. I assume it's something about Smart-Connect that is triggering this

Don't put too much stock in the DSLReports test. It's not 100% accurate. The fact that current networks in general are getting more saturated these days with the amount of people working from home WILL skew test results. And there's been quite a few reports for the past year or so about the DSLReports test results becoming increasingly inaccurate, probably due to an increase in usage.

Thank You to @RMerlin and others. Beta 2 running wonderfully for me on my brand spanking new RT-AX88U :) just sold the RT-AC88U and the chap that picked it up was also going to put rmerlin on it :)

Yes even Justin who ownes and authored that test said it's not working correctly. It has failed for me for months just during the upload test.

I always get an upload graph that negativity slopes, usually with a couple of spikes along the way, starting at a value a number of multiples of my actual upload link speed, with the resulting average varies but again often above what is even theoretically possible for my connection.

The download graph and result on the other hand seems relatively accurate, just not as consistent as say Speedtest.net.

Last edited:
Forget about QOS just use your connection. Buffer bloat is only present when your connection speed is maxed out. Unless your downloading or uploading constantly it's not a issue.

This is a very valid point.

However, my purpose/interest in QoS is to protect real-time sensitive services (in my case VoIP) from background data transfer services, elsewhere on my network, that will regularly be pulling large quantities of data from other sites (these bursts will max out the connection for short bursts). Other scenarios might be home users looking to protect their gaming latency from fellow heavy YouTube surfing household members, or perhaps their streaming quality from prolific downloadeders.

Luckily, in my case at least, QoS is working over Ethernet, which means my servers are kept in check and I’m plugging my primary work laptop into Ethernet so my traffic is being managed at least in part (though no idea how intelligently as I don’t know if the competing background wireless traffic is invisible or not, ie. I don’t know if it’s just the limiting that’s not working on wireless or if it isn’t seeing the wireless traffic at all.. I suspect the latter).

= could be worse, though urgently needs fixing by ASUS.

Last edited:
What the hell? I’ve just received RT-AX58U and I can’t get the damn thing to work. Rt-AC87U just always auto detected the internet connection where here it keeps whining how ISP’s DHCP doesn’t function properly. How? Literally minutes ago old router worked just fine ffs

Not to mention if I use Create connection in setup wizard it absolutely demands ISP login info which I never even needed.

Just hooked up RT-AC87U and everything works instantly without any modem resetting or other stupid nonsense. Just gone through the basic wizard and it just works. Where on RT-AX58U, when I'm done with wizard it keeps bitching about DHCP not working. I don't get it.

Had RT-AX58U hooked and it refuses to work. Just switched it for RT-AC87U and bam, I could post this post instantly. I just don't get it what the hell is going on. It's not like I can even adjust anything, it just straight doesn't work.

Please what does mean this error ? Since 384.16beta1 on RT-AC88U

Mar 24 11:02:26 dnsmasq[5627]: failed to send packet: Operation not permitted
Mar 24 11:02:27 dnsmasq[5627]: failed to send packet: Operation not permitted
Mar 24 11:02:28 dnsmasq[5627]: failed to send packet: Operation not permitted
Mar 24 11:02:28 dnsmasq[5627]: failed to send packet: Operation not permitted

Wow, you got to be sh*ing me. My ISP apparently has my old MAC address locked in their system and this was the reason why it just flat out refused to work. Copied my old router MAC into WAN settings and the thing miraculously started working.

Reactions: Gar
hey,
tryed flash from beta1 to beta2 and after flashing was no internet.
strange was going back to beta1 and was internet but my wan port is showing red ligth why!!
is there something wrong with my router
but is showing white ligth now.
why could not coming out to internet after has flashed beta2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online