What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 beta (and 384.13_5) are available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, may be Asus didn't make other channel available or may be use for specific use.
Hi...

Probably to meet European regulations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

According to the table above (not sure how up to date it is), the 5Ghz indoor usage should happen from channel 32 to 68.

Channels over 140 appear tagged for SRD usage (140 and 142 also as DFS).

So it looks like that any channel tagged for SRD usage was just blocked by Asus.

On the 380.70 firmware, the top limit was/is channel 165.

Windows Subsystem for Linux should work as well, full command-line under Windows 10

It won't. Doesn't support running the 32-bit toolchain components.

it is dependent on region!!!
EU wont allow 1W on 100-144 and 149+ completely forbidden.
If you have a chinese version 86U you can change region and will see how it is changing transmission power and offered channels.

There is no answer which channel is the strongest without mentioning which region you are talking about.
And then still many other radio related parameters will occour.

Hi...

Probably to meet European regulations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

According to the table above (not sure how up to date it is), the 5Ghz indoor usage should happen from channel 32 to 68.

Channels over 140 appear tagged for SRD usage (140 and 142 also as DFS).

So it looks like that any channel tagged for SRD usage was just blocked by Asus.

On the 380.70 firmware, the top limit was/is channel 165.

Ah that make sense.

Once I saw that you maghuro succeeded in in compiling the newest code for AC86U, I attempted the same to learn something. That was an interesting experience, specially since I've never even used git before, and my Linux knowledge is pretty basic. :)

I don't know what magic binary blobs Asus put in there, but I managed to successfully run snmpd from entware on my compiled firmware. No crashes this time or anything. Waiting for more Asus blob magic, this time for AX88U. :D

Now back on topic:
384.16_beta2 on AX88U - no issues noticed
384.16_beta2 on AC68U in Media Bridge mode - no additional issues noticed compared to stock. Asus' implementation of Media Bridge on these newer routers has always been flaky from my experience. An old N66U as Media Bridge was always more dependable.

Hmmm, my 86U on 384.15 seems to have the same version. Or am I missing something?

wl0: Oct 9 2019 12:07:03 version 10.10.122.20 (r683106) FWID 01-73fde4c6
FW ID are not identical , but true its marked the same version
wl0: Mar 4 2020 18:28:18 version 10.10.122.20 (r683106) FWID 01-157f5da0 ,

Last edited:
Asus doesn't necessarily update to newer versions, sometimes they just apply patches, in which case the version number will not change.

May it depends upon the .ovpn file settings?

A few months ago Asus added support for additional x509 certificate validation options. I added support for it to the mainline branch, but forgot to also add it to the ax and legacy branches, so these could end up with a value of 2 instead of the previously allowed values of 0 or 1.

Hmm, been running Alpha2 for a couple weeks. Twice now it has gotten into the state that it says ISP DHCP server is not working properly.

First time after 4 days uptime.
Only way to fix was to reboot router. Tried to restart some services and nothing helped.

This time it ran for 8 and a half days and again DHCP not functioning properly. Again I ended up rebooting the router to fix. Had changed Aggressive DHCP to normal and it still did this.

Wondering what Asus fixed with:

Bug fix
- Fixed wan detection bugs
- Improved some connection issues.

—- edit ——

Checked the logs. Founds a large number of these: ( memory address changes )

kernel: FPM Pool 1: invalid token 0x3e843000 freed

kernel: FPM Pool 1: ISR timer is enabled. There could be multiple occurrences of the reported issue

And one of these:

kernel: ERR !! RDD FREE: f_rdd_release_free_skb() : Duplicate free_index 15728

Last edited:
Hmm, been running Alpha2 for a couple weeks. Twice now it has gotten into the state that it says ISP DHCP server is not working properly.

First time after 4 days uptime.
Only way to fix was to reboot router. Tried to restart some services and nothing helped.

This time it ran for 8 and a half days and again DHCP not functioning properly. Again I ended up rebooting the router to fix. Had changed Aggressive DHCP to normal and it still did this.

Wondering what Asus fixed with:

Bug fix
- Fixed wan detection bugs
- Improved some connection issues.

—- edit ——

Checked the logs. Founds a large number of these: ( memory address changes )

kernel: FPM Pool 1: invalid token 0x3e843000 freed

kernel: FPM Pool 1: ISR timer is enabled. There could be multiple occurrences of the reported issue

And one of these:

kernel: ERR !! RDD FREE: f_rdd_release_free_skb() : Duplicate free_index 15728
Look for the dhcp continuous mode thread here, there is a potential fix for that issue in the works.

Will this beta version or the final version be able to restrict guest wifi clients from seeing the LAN clients, except for the dns server.
Model RT-AC68U
Firmware Version 384.16_beta2
Firmware Build Sun Mar 22 19:49:10 UTC 2020 merlin@070085b
Bootloader (CFE) 1.0.2.0
Driver version wl0: Nov 22 2019 09:13:30 version 6.37.14.126 (r561982)

Last edited:
A (very early!) sneak peak for those of you interested in building the firmware yourselves;

rhE0m4D.png

;)

no, only international date dd/mm/yyyy

It should be forbidden to use anything different than yy(yy)/mm/dd or yy-mm-dd which is the only one format to be sorted correctly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!