What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 beta (and 384.13_5) are available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty Flash 384.15 to 384.16_b3 - first on Aimesh node [AC5300] - then on Aimesh router - main [AC86U] following process described in my post above.
Smooth transition ... Rock steady and everything included in my signature fully functional ... :D
Many thanks to the Maestro and his alpha and early beta testers {Thumbs-Up}.

does your isp use dhcp or pppoe?
PPPoE but after confirming with a friend using DHCP they haven't added it yet (betting your one of the Aussies struggling with frequent disconnects)

Dirty flash of my AX88U from 384.15 to 384.16_b3 - no add-on's, no specials. 5 Ghz not avail after upgrade/reboot - never happened before. I had to change the field under Wireless-General the "Channel Bandwidth" from "160" to "20/40/80/160" to get 5Ghz back to work. Since then stable even after reboot.

Dirty Flash 384.15 to 384.16_b3 on one router yesterday, demonstrated it works and delivers! Installing it on the other router was therefor a no-brainer. Great work Eric and all the others involved!

Dirty Flash to latest 384.13_5 refresh, no issues. ;)

Testing latest 384.13_5 beta from 31st March 2020 on RT-AC87U and so far all seems to be fine. Everything that I used before seems to work now as well. All the basic stuff and also AiProtection, QoS and IPTV functionality that seems to be a problem on RT-X58U for me. I guess I'll stick with AC87U for some more time...

Flashed both my RT-AX88U & RT-AX58U with 384.16 beta 3 and reset both.
Both are working well, basic configuration no scripts running right now.

Reactions: a5m
RT-AX88U_384.15_0 ---> RT-AX88U_384.16_beta1

Problems with ASUS PCE-AC88:

- it should always stay on 5GHz as it is close enough to the router but recently i've noticed it was connected to 2.4GHz and was unable to return to 5GHz
- sometimes it can't connect to Wi-Fi automatically at all after losing connection (should never happen in the first place), and only manual disconnecting and connecting again fixes the problem

None of these things ever happened before. Going back to 384.15 fixes the problem.

No issues, as described above, with RT-AX88U_384.16_beta3 , everything seems to be working great !

Updated to beta 3 on my AX88. Same configuration that worked in full speed in 384.15 (866) fallsback to 192-ish on 5Ghz when the channels are handled automatically. Setting it manually and it goes to full speed again. Been like this since first alpha.
Anything at all that I can do to help? Needs fix from Asus?
setting if someone wants to replicate... This is where it works. Only change to make it fallback to 192-ish speeds on both phones at home, is Auto on control channel on 5Ghz...
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkFQC_-2GMan7S7Ul6UrERTr8pj5?e=b1gluH

Can you tell me what configuration you have in 5ghz and I have to make the channel automatic and it does not go up to 280 megabytes when previously in other firmware versions it reached 450 megabytes.
thanks and regards..

Setting it manually and it goes to full speed again.
Just to double check....when you set the channel manually you are setting the same channel that is selected by auto? Different channels can have different capabilities as well as react differently to environmental factors.

Many times it puts the same channel when I put it manual and when it is in automatic right now I have put it manual in 44 and it gives me maximum 320

Well, flashing b3 was a bright spot in an otherwise lousy time.
I was hoping for smoke to billow from the router, but no, just the usual great performance.

The source code for 3.0.0.4.382.51641 and 3.0.0.4.382.51939 FWs has been recently released for the RT-AC87U.

RMerlin, it would be possible to backport any of the changes to your FW 384.13_5?.
I know they are in different code base, but just in case ... if we can have some of the improvements (I would like to be in your FW as much as possible, even if only minor changes are introduced):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!