What's new

Release [Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 384.19_beta2 with an RT-AX58U. Never got these errors before on prior builds. Anybody getting these wireless errors?

CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_change_station : WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not set
CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_change_station : WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not set
br0: received packet on eth6 with own address as source address

My MacBook Pro can connect to my guest network only once. When I try again the Mac gets a self-assigned IP and can't access anything.

If I then delete that guest network on the Mac I can re-connect (sometimes), but again only once (at most).

On 384.19_beta2 with an RT-AX58U. Never got these errors before on prior builds. Anybody getting these wireless errors?

Been getting them for the last several versions but no one has been able to really explain why or how to prevent. I don’t notice any ill effects but can’t be sure.

Been getting them for the last several versions but no one has been able to really explain why or how to prevent. I don’t notice any ill effects but can’t be sure.
Seems like Broadcom laid the proverbial software egg. Below is a Twitter exchange with @RMerlin from March. To @RMerlin I hope our Dallas Stars steamroll the rest of the NHL this year; yesterday was a huge win over St. Louis.

1597079593094.png

Thanks for the new release Merlin!

I Started getting errors on two different networks with the new beta- "Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS" for a bunch of wireless clients.

This seems to be happening for quite a few devices. Samsung TV's, Smart home light switches, A couple android tablets, iComfort Thermostats and 2 new kindle fires.

Happening on two different networks in two totally different locations.
Business - Mesh with 5300 main and 2 x 86 mesh nodes
Home - Mesh with 88 main router and 5300 mesh node

Have done the normal troubleshooting steps to start of reuploading firmware, reboots, etc. Still seems to occur so going to play with some settings on beamforming and fairness to see if it fixes anything. Going back to last official non-beta merlin build resolved it, but went back to new beta 2 and will see if tweaking any more of these settings fixes it in newest beta and will report back if not fixed.

Last edited:
Started getting errors on two different networks - "Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS"

This seems to be happening for quite a few devices. Samsung TV's, Smart home light switches, A couple android tablets, iComfort Thermostats and 2 new kindle fires.

Happening on two different networks in two totally different locations.
Business - Mesh with 5300 main and 2 x 86 mesh nodes
Home - Mesh with 88 main router and 5300 mesh node

Have done the normal troubleshooting steps to start of reuploading firmware, reboots, etc. Still seems to occur so going to play with some settings on beamforming and fairness to see if it fixes anything. Going back to last official non-beta merlin build resolved it but will see if tweaking any more of these settings fixes it in newest beta and will report back if not fixed.
See the second part of this reply from RMerlin. It is a long standing error on ASUS part that they left wlceventd debug logging enabled.

See the second part of this reply from RMerlin. It is a long standing error on ASUS part that they left wlceventd debug logging enabled.

I thought that might be the case but the clients are actually disconnecting or will not connect long enough to even reach. Additional, this has never happened in my months and years of using merlin builds and is resolved by jumping back to latest official merlin build.

Also noticing clients moving from 5GHz to 2.4 are connecting but saying no internet. Specifically 2 android clients so far but I think this might have also been occurring sporadically on the last beta 1 build.

Last edited:
I hope our Dallas Stars steamroll the rest of the NHL this year; yesterday was a huge win over St. Louis.

Don't get too excited. You are still going to have to get through us. ;)

it seems to work fine here.

Running beta 2, all fine, I just realize that the Traffic Analyzer is not showing up the apps names, not sure when it started, I am using the routed on game mode...

Attachments

• traffic analyzer.jpg
    traffic analyzer.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 121
Running beta 2, all fine, I just realize that the Traffic Analyzer is not showing up the apps names, not sure when it started, I am using the routed on game mode...
I'm seeing the same thing and it's not showing any clients either but I figured I'd give it 24 hrs to see if it populates with the apps/clients.

I'm seeing the same thing and it's not showing any clients either but I figured I'd give it 24 hrs to see if it populates with the apps/clients.
Mine is showing up the clients and graphs but not the app data, even after 24 hours, the first time that I noticed this was on the 384.19 beta 1 but I am not 100% sure if it started on this version also I am not sure if this is related to game mode be enabled as this mode does affect the QOS "classification" tab, no connections are listed there...

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 117
Your JFFS isn't low on space, it's flat out not working. Try reformatting it. If not, you might have to do a factory default reset.
Thanks but I had no success with both (two times each). I will try a Nuclear Reset and if that isn't successful I guess it's toast. I do have an AX58U on the way to try.

Edit.... Nuclear Reset didn't recover/format JFFS. I'll just run 384.18 until the AX58U arrives in a few days.

Last edited:
Mine is showing up the clients and graphs but not the app data, even after 24 hours, the first time that I noticed this was on the 384.19 beta 1 but I am not 100% sure if it started on this version also I am not sure if this is related to game mode be enabled as this mode does affect the QOS "classification" tab, no connections are listed there...
Are you referring to this section? I'm on a 86u running beta2 and it shows fine for me.
1597111820526.png

Question re. 'DTIM Interval' setting - does everyone leave it at the default value of '1'?

I have a fixed wireless 100Mbit service that works well but I saw a suggestion to change that value to '3' instead.

Thanks but I had no success with both (two times each). I will try a Nuclear Reset and if that isn't successful I guess it's toast. I do have an AX58U on the way to try.

Edit.... Nuclear Reset didn't recover/format JFFS. I'll just run 384.18 until the AX58U arrives in a few days.
Just set the option under administration to reformat jffs on next reboot that worked for me.

Question re. 'DTIM Interval' setting - does everyone leave it at the default value of '1'?

I have a fixed wireless 100Mbit service that works well but I saw a suggestion to change that value to '3' instead.

I have always kept my DTIM setting on 3 - works well for my mix of Apple and Android wireless devices ... and supposedly saves battery life in the device better than a setting of 1. I have never tested or verified that - but several online articles recommend 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!