What's new

Release [Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RT-AC86U [Aimesh Router] and RT-AC5300 [Aimesh node] dirty flashed from beta1 to beta2 ... rock steady and stable throughout add-ons.
Looking forward to 384.19 final release when I plan to do full nuclear reset / usb format and clean build [been a long while of dirties ;)].

Attachments

• 2020-08-10 23_45_11-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - EZQoS Bandwidth Management.jpg
    2020-08-10 23_45_11-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - EZQoS Bandwidth Management.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 211
I am on 86u with beta 2 and also have no problems with the trafic analyser, maybe a factory reset might help you out,

Upgraded my AC86U from 384.18 to 384.19b2. After installation, amtm, diversion, skynet, scribe, uiscribe was missing and did not startup even after 5min (JFFS was mounted normally). JFFS backup is a must for AC86U users. After JFFS restore and restart, services came back on normally.

Upgraded my AC86U from 384.18 to 384.19b2. After installation, amtm, diversion, skynet, scribe, uiscribe was missing and did not startup even after 5min (JFFS was mounted normally). JFFS backup is a must for AC86U users. After JFFS restore and restart, services came back on normally.
Did you read changelog for that build, I thought so...
NOTE: Due to flash partitioning changes done by Asus, it is strongly recommended to make a backup of your JFFS partition before upgrading the RT-AC86U, and restoring that backup afterward.

Just set the option under administration to reformat jffs on next reboot that worked for me.
That was the first thing I tried twice before even reporting it. Reformat JFFS on next reboot is also part of the nuclear reset I performed. Reformat or hardware failure? I suppose the only thing left to try is a system restore.

That was the first thing I tried twice before even reporting it. Reformat JFFS on next reboot is also part of the nuclear reset I performed. Reformat or hardware failure? I suppose the only thing left to try is a system restore.
I'm guessing you already tried a firmware downgrade then reset and reformat then Re upgrade?

I'm guessing you already tried a firmware downgrade then reset and reformat then Re upgrade?
Yes. Went to the latest ASUS firmware and back to Merlin 384.18 and 384.19_beta2 doing reformat at each jump. Such a pain since the AC3100 is an AP and not in my office and defaults to 192.168.1.1 while my network and AC86U are on 192.168.50.xxx. System restore is in-progress.

Update... no JFFS partition on the AC3100 AP for me. Oh well, the AC3100 had a good run after replacing a buggy AC87U.

Last edited:
I thought that might be the case but the clients are actually disconnecting or will not connect long enough to even reach. Additional, this has never happened in my months and years of using merlin builds and is resolved by jumping back to latest official merlin build.

Also noticing clients moving from 5GHz to 2.4 are connecting but saying no internet. Specifically 2 android clients so far but I think this might have also been occurring sporadically on the last beta 1 build.

After a day+ of troubleshooting the issue just seemed to go away after a random reboot. Don't ask me!

The issue I am seeing now is with the mac filter. If I reject a device from 5GHz, it allows 2.4GHz to connect however it doesn't have internet access. Android and apple devices say connected with no internet or internet unstable. Even devices that ONLY have 2.4GHz can't get internet if they are rejected in the 5GHz mac filter.

Mac filter seems to be working as a firewall or access restriction, not just a filter to reject devices from that frequency.

Any ideas?

Are you referring to this section? I'm on a 86u running beta2 and it shows fine for me.
.View attachment 25327
I gave it overnight and the clients have finally populated. I figured that would happen but I don't remember having to wait on previous updates. Of course, there's always the possibility that I never checked either, not a big deal, just curious. All good now!

I loaded Beta 2 a few days ago but now notice that my iphone on AX 5Ghz is not getting new emails and pictures. If move it to 2.4Ghz without AX only N mode, it works fine. Did the AX break?

AX58U router.

Just loaded beta2: first I turned off all scripts, then unmounted my flash drive. Upgraded and when I went to restart scripts I get "amtm failed to create the directory /jffs/addons/amtm Please investigate. Aborting amtm now.

Any suggestions on how to fix? I've rebooted w/formatting the jffs partition, and formatting the flash drive.

Edit: Just discovered my reserved DHCP addresses are all wiped as well.

Edit#2: So I did full restore and found that amtm still didn't work - it refused to recognize the flash drive [which was the one I had been using] but once I replaced that and laboriously re-entered all settings, I think I'm back to "operational."

Last edited:
I thought that might be the case but the clients are actually disconnecting or will not connect long enough to even reach. Additional, this has never happened in my months and years of using merlin builds and is resolved by jumping back to latest official merlin build.

Also noticing clients moving from 5GHz to 2.4 are connecting but saying no internet. Specifically 2 android clients so far but I think this might have also been occurring sporadically on the last beta 1 build.

After 20 hours, I came back home with the same issue; on beta 2. Wired devices were fine, but there was no internet on all wifi connected devices...they were connected, but there was no internet. I had to roll back to 384.18 and for sanities sake, I disabled Parental Controls, DNS Filter, Enabled AiProtection [never on], FlexQOS, and DNS Privacy Protocol. I'll reload my settings tomorrow morning; right now everyone's either watching IPTV or playing Fortnite. Prior to this, I usually have 40-50 devices connected at all times of the day without issue.

Yes. Went to the latest ASUS firmware and back to Merlin 384.18 and 384.19_beta2 doing reformat at each jump. Such a pain since the AC3100 is an AP and not in my office and defaults to 192.168.1.1 while my network and AC86U are on 192.168.50.xxx. System restore is in-progress.

Update... no JFFS partition on the AC3100 AP for me. Oh well, the AC3100 had a good run after replacing a buggy AC87U.

I assume you have tried a full Rescue Mode recovery for your AT3100 ?? If not some guidance at this link here.
I noticed that in posts elsewhere you have mentioned power surges frying some kit ... so maybe the AC3100 has been tenuous for some time and has now given up properly :eek:.

Rescue Mode has sorted badly "confused" Asus routers for me after wobbly firmware update attempts of firmware.
EDITED: - just in case anyone thought I was suggesting the firmware was wobbly ;).

Last edited:

You may also want to try these steps if you haven't already to know as much as possible if the RT-AC3100 is really gone.

After updated to 384.19 beta 2 from beta 1 I noticed that some of my clients having Wifi security issue that they coun't connect to the router if I set to WPA2/WPA3 Personal but if I change to WPA/WPA2 Personal all clients connect fine. Also notice that the Wifi speed decrease with beta 2 for some devices both AC and AX needed to reconnect to get back normal speed. Now, change back to beta 1 without any issues. My setup is AX88U as a main router and connected with AX58U and 2 AC68U as an Access Point with wire back haul.

I loaded Beta 2 a few days ago but now notice that my iphone on AX 5Ghz is not getting new emails and pictures. If move it to 2.4Ghz without AX only N mode, it works fine. Did the AX break?

AX58U router.

Something with the 5GHz has changed with B2. AX on 2.4GHz works fine but not on the 5GHz SID. If I load B1, 5GHz SID works fine with the iphone on AX.

On the beta 2 here all good so far
not using the VPN
several iphones, ipad, computers,Tv etc
just as a stock great router

Just loaded beta2: first I turned off all scripts, then unmounted my flash drive. Upgraded and when I went to restart scripts I get "amtm failed to create the directory /jffs/addons/amtm Please investigate. Aborting amtm now.

Any suggestions on how to fix? I've rebooted w/formatting the jffs partition, and formatting the flash drive.

Edit: Just discovered my reserved DHCP addresses are all wiped as well.

Edit#2: So I did full restore and found that amtm still didn't work - it refused to recognize the flash drive [which was the one I had been using] but once I replaced that and laboriously re-entered all settings, I think I'm back to "operational."

Same exact issue coming from .18. My jffs backup wouldn't apply.

I don't have an extensive install of scripts (amtm, entware, cake), so i re-formatted and started from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!