What's new

Release [Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In RT-AC86U dirty upgrade after reboot jffs partition isn't mounted. Tried reformat but don't work. Factory reset will solved this?

In RT-AC86U dirty upgrade after reboot jffs partition isn't mounted. Tried reformat but don't work. Factory reset will solved this?

Odd - same thing happened on my 86U, and formatting the JFFS partition did solve it for me.

Does anyone who is using RT-AX88U notice behavior with 384.19 that router power off on its own. I specifically notice twice with alpha version.

Just want to see if there is something on my end only.
I have an AX88U running 384.19 Alpha (1 then 2). I have never experienced this issue. Maybe an in house power or AX88U hardware problem?

Never mind - just saw your latest post ;-)

Hi All,
I tried to build firmware 384.19 (ac68u) from sources, but since 384.18 it stuck when compiling rc section.
Coud anybody help me to know what is wrong, and what can I do with it ?

------ cut -----
rc
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/router/amng-build/release/src/router/rc'
[rc] CC rc
wan.o: In function `update_resolvconf':
wan.c:(.text.update_resolvconf+0x680): undefined reference to `write_ovpn_dns'
/home/router/amng-build/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/router/libovpn/libovpn.so: undefined reference to `modprobe'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [Makefile:663: rc] Error 1
----cut-----

--Regards,
GG

Update from Alpha4 to Beta1. Smooth operation!

Hi All,
I tried to build firmware 384.19 (ac68u) from sources, but since 384.18 it stuck when compiling rc section.
Coud anybody help me to know what is wrong, and what can I do with it ?

------ cut -----
rc
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/router/amng-build/release/src/router/rc'
[rc] CC rc
wan.o: In function `update_resolvconf':
wan.c:(.text.update_resolvconf+0x680): undefined reference to `write_ovpn_dns'
/home/router/amng-build/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/router/libovpn/libovpn.so: undefined reference to `modprobe'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [Makefile:663: rc] Error 1
----cut-----

--Regards,
GG
Are you using mainline branch?

Does anyone who is using RT-AX88U notice behavior with 384.19 that router power off on its own. I specifically notice twice with alpha version.

Just want to see if there is something on my end only.
I flashed one of my AX88U's yesterday with the beta, so it's been less than 24 hours but have not seen that happen yet.

RT-AC86U - dirty flashed 384.19_alpha4 to 384.19_beta1 - "purrfect" - absolutely no issues with all add-ons per signature including OpenVPN servers and clients. Also dirty flashed the RT-AC5300 Aimesh node. :cool:

NB - for RT-AC86U coming from 384.18 or earlier ... you will have some jffs partitition corruption. So please ensure you have jffs backup and can restore it.

To improve chances of trouble free firmware upgrade - please eject all USB flash sticks or SSD drives. ;) I also disable jffs scripts and reboot the router without USB - then upload latest firmware.

Regarding this:

Where i can check ASUS GPL to see what is changed/fixed/updated in 384_81992?

RT-AC86U firmware changelog on the Asus support site.

Asus messed up the RT-AC86U partition by truncating it. Should typically eventually resolve itself with a reboot. I have no other solution/workaround to recommend, sorry.

Wonder if it'd be worth using the "Format JFFS partition at next boot" option when flashing this firmware to an 86U…

Only if you do encounter an issue.

rt-86u here. Dirty flashed over 384.18 and no issues encountered at all.
jffs completely intact without any intervention, but I was only running the Cake script, so hardly any space in use.

updated from 384.18 to beta1 on one of my 86u(s), no issues encountered with jffs. Plenty of space so I would imagine corruption may be due to users with an almost full jffs partition?

Asus messed up the RT-AC86U partition by truncating it. Should typically eventually resolve itself with a reboot. I have no other solution/workaround to recommend, sorry.

Well, finally I had to reset to factory defaults to mount jffs. I tried several reboots with format/init partition but without success.

Dirty flashed .18 to .19b1 on AC86U without issue, JFFS now a blk09 but all setting working (I did take a backup just in case)
OpenVPN client running without issue for ~12 hours now.
USB modem came live without a power-on reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!