What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.7 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beta 2 working fine here on AC3100!;)

Hey I’m wondering do your firmware support Asus Router mesh?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

AC86U on Beta 2 here:
When selecting DDNS to custom with EXTERNAL ip retrieval, and ddns-start script with:
#!/bin/sh
inadyn -f /jffs/inadyn-changeip.conf -l debug -n

The watchdog loops trying to start ddns and log shows this message: ... No write permission to //.inadyn, aborting.
Code:
Sep 24 13:10:40 watchdog: start ddns.
Sep 24 13:10:40 rc_service: watchdog 774:notify_rc start_ddns
Sep 24 13:10:40 start_ddns: update CUSTOM , wan_unit 0
Sep 24 13:10:40 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/ddns-start (args: 192.168.200.30 ) - max timeout = 120s
Sep 24 13:10:40 inadyn[11498]: No write permission to //.inadyn, aborting.
Sep 24 13:10:40 inadyn[11498]: Cannot guarantee DDNS server won't lock you out for excessive updates.

This is my conf file:
Code:
ca-trust-file = /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
iterations  = 1
period      = 300
provider default@changeip.com {
hostname  = xxxxxxx.dns2.us
username  = "XXXXXXX"
password  = "XXXXXXX"
checkip-ssl= false
}

To make it work, had to select a provider (no-ip) and place my conf file in /jffs/configs/inadyn.conf

Cheers!

I have the check set to 60 minutes... and i get this in my syslog every hour
Code:
Sep 24 18:10:05 RT-AC68U-4690 rc_service: watchdog 345:notify_rc start_ddns
Sep 24 18:10:05 RT-AC68U-4690 start_ddns: update WWW.NO-IP.COM default@no-ip.com, wan_unit 0
so i guess that means its working.. if i force an update it says registration is successful and in syslog i get
Code:
Sep 24 19:03:21 RT-AC68U-4690 rc_service: httpd 23477:notify_rc restart_ddns
Sep 24 19:03:22 RT-AC68U-4690 start_ddns: update WWW.NO-IP.COM default@no-ip.com, wan_unit 0
Sep 24 19:03:23 RT-AC68U-4690 inadyn[2409]: In-a-dyn version 2.4 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
Sep 24 19:03:24 RT-AC68U-4690 inadyn[2409]: Update forced for alias tomskxx.hopto.org, new IP# 2.49.xxx.80
Sep 24 19:03:26 RT-AC68U-4690 inadyn[2409]: Updating cache for tomskxx.hopto.org
I imported my pixelserv cert after the lets not encrypt attempt earlier.. but not sure how to tell if thats working or not

Last edited:
The watchdog loops trying to start ddns and log shows this message: ... No write permission to //.inadyn, aborting.

Probably because the watchdog tries to run inadyn while your selected DDNS provider (Custom) shouldn't use inadyn.

Just to be certain, your ddns-start script does not use inadyn, correct? If you do, you have to provide a few parameters, such as the location of the inadyn cache files.

I have the check set to 60 minutes... and i get this in my syslog every hour
Code:
Sep 24 18:10:05 RT-AC68U-4690 rc_service: watchdog 345:notify_rc start_ddns
Sep 24 18:10:05 RT-AC68U-4690 start_ddns: update WWW.NO-IP.COM default@no-ip.com, wan_unit 0
so i guess that means its working.. if i force an update it says registration is successful and in syslog i get
I have it set to 60 minutes as wel (default, I guess?) but I don't see hourly updates in syslog. Should there be?

Just to be certain, your ddns-start script does not use inadyn, correct? If you do, you have to provide a few parameters, such as the location of the inadyn cache files.

Yes, I was calling inadyn from ddns-start script. I do use changeip.com wich is compatible with unadyn, but it is not available in the providers' list. But overriding inadyn.conf works.

Since there is a long list of ddns providers compatible with inadyn, it may be a good idea to consider, for future implementation, a way for entering a provider's name and not just selecting from those listed.

Regards

I have it set to 60 minutes as wel (default, I guess?) but I don't see hourly updates in syslog. Should there be?
i'm using syslog-ng so not sure if i'm getting a different default logging level

Yes, I was calling inadyn from ddns-start script. I do use changeip.com wich is compatible with unadyn, but it is not available in the providers' list. But overriding inadyn.conf works.

Then the problem is with your custom inadyn config. Make sure to do the following:

In inadyn.conf, add this:
Code:
ca-trust-file = /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

And when calling inadyn, provide the following parameters:

Code:
-e /sbin/ddns_updated -exec-nochg /sbin/ddns_updated --cache-dir=/tmp/inadyn.cache

Your error message came from the missing cache-dir. The two other parameters will ensure that the nvram flags will get properly set on updates. You might need to create that directory first if it doesn't exist.

Since there is a long list of ddns providers compatible with inadyn, it may be a good idea to consider, for future implementation, a way for entering a provider's name and not just selecting from those listed.

There's simply too many of them. It would make the webui overcrowded and the internal firmware code too complex, and it would be a lot of maintenance to ensure that all of these remain compatible every time one of them might make changes to their services. I therefore decided to limit the webui to all the providers previously supported, plus the addition of Freedns as one more 100% free option (in part because I personally use it too).

The wiki will be updated with documentation on how to use the others once 384.7 is finalized.

I have DDNS Probs with the Beta 2
start_ddns: update WWW.SELFHOST.DE selfhost, wan_unit 0
inadyn[10099]: In-a-dyn version 2.4 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
inadyn[10099]: Update forced for alias xxxxxxx, new IP# xx.xxx.xx.xxx
inadyn[10099]: Fatal error in DDNS server response:
inadyn[10099]: [200 OK] nochg xx.xxx.xx.xxx
inadyn[10099]: Error response from DDNS server, exiting!
syslog: Error code 48: DDNS server response not OK

I have a factory reset my Router an install , the Probe was gone with the Beta 1

I have DDNS Probs with the Beta 2
start_ddns: update WWW.SELFHOST.DE selfhost, wan_unit 0
inadyn[10099]: In-a-dyn version 2.4 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
inadyn[10099]: Update forced for alias xxxxxxx, new IP# xx.xxx.xx.xxx
inadyn[10099]: Fatal error in DDNS server response:
inadyn[10099]: [200 OK] nochg xx.xxx.xx.xxx
inadyn[10099]: Error response from DDNS server, exiting!
syslog: Error code 48: DDNS server response not OK

I have a factory reset my Router an install , the Probe was gone with the Beta 1

Enable DDNS debugging.

I have no way of testing selfhost, and when I tried to create an account on their (german-only) website, the form failed. Unless you can provide me with debug info, there's nothing I can do.

Did some changes this weekend to the Parental Control Time Scheduling and noticed it was stuck on 12h format
tried to change several times to 24h format but it just jumps back to 12h format (am & pm) ,Has not been like that before not really a big problem just letting you know or maybe someone else can check it also thank you.
Otherwise Beta 2 runs fine :)

Last edited:
Upgrade my AC3100 from beta1 to beta2 with no issues, and everything working properly. Thanks Merlin!

Beta 2 is now available. Changes since beta 1:

Code:
8d9cf9bb1 rc: remove temp file accidentally commited with e2b8ce3c6abfc8b38186cc61d967c97cba25c0d2
e563f8df0 Updated documentation
4baece1d3 webui: clarify the forced DDNS parameter
0a283695e rc: reset the forced ddns update timer when ddns_check() forces an update
e2b8ce3c6 rc: ensure we do issue a forced DDNS update after "x" days
773ba2049 webui: only display an OpenVPN client/router status table if it actually has content
ec12f5a06 nano: updated to 3.1.
8bf340922 rc: inadyn: trying a different update URL for selfhost.de that's closer to Asus's ez-ipupdate implementation
93e0b2f0e Bumped revision to beta 2

I have been following your advice to use rsync from dir1 to dir2 to build for rt-ac86u. I have been running the b2 version a week before you released it. Works good.

I have been running the b2 version a week before you released it. Works good.

A lot of the beta changes were only made in the past few days, so that early build probably didn't have many changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!