What's new

Beta [Beta] FragAttack patched test builds (386.2_5)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to pee on your view of the subject but Merlins response seemed pretty clearly written.
"This beta is strictly to confirm that the new drivers aren't majorly broken, and that radios do come up, and clients are able to connect."
Control channels changing or not sticking where applied does not seem (to me) to be a major wifi issue.
An issue for sure if you expect it on a particular channel over another.
Did you know before hand what Merlins criteria was? Doubtful but now that it has been explained it should provide guidance on reporting issues particular to this update.

Calling your fellow forum members sheep is not likely to garner support for your view and hopefully typed in the heat of the moment.
I too have posted in the past; not gotten the responses I expected but it is a user community forum and not a vendor support page.

Alpha/beta testing is a personal choice; one which the community at large appreciates because seen or unseen, input can make a difference.

I plan on installing the new firmware today. Just did not want to deal with it while I am WFH.
Good luck!

After this update I am unable to add rp-ax56 as an aimesh node of rt-ax86u

Looks like the alpha has been taken offline. Suppose Merlin is merging this into something other than an alpha.

Looks like the alpha has been taken offline. Suppose Merlin is merging this into something other than an alpha.
I still see them on the OneDrive location...

9co5F2a.png

Still showing for me in the prebeta folder. Nothing changed.

I'm running the 386_3a1 with the FragAttack patch, and the following messages just showed up in my syslog server:

Date: 2021-06-06 08:23:37
Level: error
Device: xxxxxx
Facility: user
Program Name: kernel
Message: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: timeout waiting for command 0x1

Date: 2021-06-06 08:23:37
Level: error
Device: xxxxxx
Facility: user
Program Name: kernel

I don't know if these messages are related to wifi, but they they do not normally occur. As far as I can tell, wifi continues to work fine.

I'm running the 386_3a1 with the FragAttack patch, and the following messages just showed up in my syslog server:
I do not believe the 386.3 Alpha's have the FragAttack patch in it. That was limited to the 386.2_5 Special Release.

EDIT: I stand corrected. A handful of the "second alpha's" have it.

Release Notes: FIXED: Fragattack security issue (RT-AX68U/RT-AX86U not patched yet)

Last edited:
The change log for the current alpha includes the line:

"- FIXED: Fragattack security issue (RT-AX68U/RT-AX86U not patched yet)"

Seems like it has it, but perhaps its an early attempt since AX68U and AX86U are not patched in the alpha?

The change log for the current alpha includes the line:

"- FIXED: Fragattack security issue (RT-AX68U/RT-AX86U not patched yet)"

Seems like it has it, but perhaps its an early attempt since AX68U and AX86U are not patched in the alpha?
Yes, that's my understanding too. All supported models were patched with fragattack security issues except for two models RT-AX68U and RT-AX86U in 386.3A1-gb5bff52d3d according to the changelog.

Ah yes - see it now. I stand corrected.

for some reasoi can't reach the site to download tried dif browsers all i can think of

Thanks for the testing folks. The 386.2_6 release is now available:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!