What's new

[Beta] RT-AC87U 9.0.0.4.378.9110

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well that would be a good explanation! So what's it doing? Improving the naming of Apple devices? I don't remember ever having a problem before, but might have missed it.

Yeah, the iPad Air 2 disconnects here too. I should have been clear. When I said 5Ghz hasn't crashed I meant literally that - radio goes off the air and router needs a reboot, that was what was happening on Merlin .55 and .54. It's a bit early to say as sometimes it could take 2-3 days for the crash, but normally it was within 24 hrs, so looking hopeful.

Still, though, as we have discussed elsewhere, although I am sure the disconnects are down to something Apple have done, I don't think it is affecting other 5Ghz wifi chipsets or we would be hearing more complaints. I think this is a change that Quantenna should be able to deal with and are not.

My iPad Air 2 (iOS9) also frequently disconnects with AC87U on the 5Ghz band whereas it is rock stable with an AC56U on 5Ghz. Also our Macbook Pro's sometimes don't receive data after a wake from sleep on the 5Ghz band however the connection is up but Wireless log shows 130 Mbit Tx rate instead of 1170 Mbit which is the normal when it works. The 5Ghz band is clearly a mess with this router and I regret purchasing it. I want to buy the new AppleTV and specs show 867 Mbit Mu-Mimo, same as the iPad Air 2 and I fear it is going to have connection problems with the AC87U.

It seems 2 days and 3 hours uptime is what this firmware can do, now my Macbook Pro has a 7 MBit/s connection on the 5 GHz AC network (usually it is 800-1000 MBit/s).

Time for a reboot I believe.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 18.20.47.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 18.20.47.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 589
Rebooting the laptop did nothing, rebooting the router fixed the problem!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 18.41.10.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 18.41.10.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 420
The feedback to Asus feature in the GUI did not work, perhaps something needs to be configured (like a mail server)..

Matil did you just check the number on the GUI or attempted an actual large file transfer?
I saw the same speed on my laptop and ran a speed test against speedtest.net, the result was not so impressive.. ;)

well it's quite normal for the link to degrade or rather power save and then restore full throughput on demand...
There was nothing restoring by itself, a router reboot was necessary to get back to normal operation.

I think when the drain/powersave of the battery is solved. Then the 5GHz will also work.

The feedback to Asus feature in the GUI did not work, perhaps something needs to be configured (like a mail server)..

Good Morning:)

1. Where is scheduler for Reboot ?
Release note typo. Will release one beta firmware later for you. :p

2. For "Web History/Traffic Analyzer can show device name" also should add option to save data for external storage or internal to user still have data after restart router. I want control my children but when router reboot when i am in work , then i have no data.
Devices should be seen after router reboot, did you remote login to ASUSWRT and check the Web History/Traffic Analyzer?

3. You tell me that Green Icon for VPN will be add but not added.
Could you explain for me again about the Green Icon, i didn't get the information.

4. Should be add option edit forwardig port on WAN without delete. Now when user want edit port, user must delete port and again add wit new set. I think good is the same style as styl edit client
smile.gif

we have plan to do this.

5. Good option is add to NETWORK MAP on tab STATUS display info about temp CPU and temp WIFI 2,4GHz and 5GHz
smile.gif
looks good with data use core and memory.
Thank you.

6. And i please and send you file with setting for Polish provider AERO2 and please to add to configure USB GSM. Now still not added :(
Can you help to send the 3G/4G log by Administration->Feedback?

7. BIG BIG BIG BUG !!!
In TRAFFIC ANALYZER>STATISTIC when i see on Today is OK i have statistic for client and in list i see clients. When i set date two day ago... i also see but when i come back to today i dont have client in list... and show other data before i set two day ago. Daily traffic is other... When i go to other menu and then come back to TRAFFIC ANALYZER>STATISTIC all is ok. But to time when i set other day. VERY VERY VERY BIG BUG and still is from some version firmware.
We are looking into this issue.

8. When ASUS correct finally DUAL WAN with USB 3G GSM ? Because it still not working correct.

2. For "Web History/Traffic Analyzer can show device name" also should add option to save data for external storage or internal to user still have data after restart router. I want control my children but when router reboot when i am in work , then i have no data.
Devices should be seen after router reboot, did you remote login to ASUSWRT and check the Web History/Traffic Analyzer?

Could you explain for me again about the Green Icon, i didn't get the information.

4. Should be add option edit forwardig port on WAN without delete. Now when user want edit port, user must delete port and again add wit new set. I think good is the same style as styl edit client
smile.gif

we have plan to do this.

5. Good option is add to NETWORK MAP on tab STATUS display info about temp CPU and temp WIFI 2,4GHz and 5GHz
smile.gif
Thank you.

6. And i please and send you file with setting for Polish provider AERO2 and please to add to configure USB GSM. Now still not added :(

7. BIG BIG BIG BUG !!!
In TRAFFIC ANALYZER>STATISTIC when i see on Today is OK i have statistic for client and in list i see clients. When i set date two day ago... i also see but when i come back to today i dont have client in list... and show other data before i set two day ago. Daily traffic is other... When i go to other menu and then come back to TRAFFIC ANALYZER>STATISTIC all is ok. But to time when i set other day. VERY VERY VERY BIG BUG and still is from some version firmware.

8. When ASUS correct finally DUAL WAN with USB 3G GSM ? Because it still not working correct.
5Ghz battery drain issue for Android devices is still present.

smile.gif
Thank you.

1. When release beta for me ?

2. After the restart were never recorded data from webhistory. There are always deleted when the router restarts. And if I log on remotely or locally that data is written from scratch.

3. Look on image in attachment

5. Not good... becuase users will know what is temp becuase router cpu temp and wifi is very very high.... and sometimes user use cooling

6. By Administration->Feedback i can not send file with add settings for Polish provider GSM - Aero2. This file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9_f5y6viF8RWVdla01LR3B1UTQ/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

• icon.jpg
    icon.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 617
These errors are nasty. Whatever the problem causing these errors needs to be fixed asap. Because when it occurs, the router becomes totally unresponsive for a few seconds.
Sep 28 09:48:18 mDNSNetMonitor: GetLargeResourceRecord: opt 65002 optlen 8 wrong
Sep 28 09:48:21 mDNSNetMonitor: GetLargeResourceRecord: opt 65002 optlen 8 wrong
Sep 28 09:48:21 mDNSNetMonitor: GetLargeResourceRecord: opt 65002 optlen 8 wrong
Sep 28 09:48:30 mDNSNetMonitor: GetLargeResourceRecord: opt 65002 optlen 8 wrong
Sep 28 09:48:30 mDNSNetMonitor: GetLargeResourceRecord: opt 65002 optlen 8 wrong
Sep 28 09:50:25 mDNSNetMonitor: GetLargeResourceRecord: opt 65002 optlen 8 wrong

@Asus - Fix this problem
mDNSNetMonitor is Apple's Bonjour.
Router received unidentified packets from client, no other effects.
Will hide the messages later.

smile.gif

we have plan to do this.

smile.gif
Thank you.

7. BIG BIG BIG BUG !!!

1.png

for me its not good, better idea is text values of temp and graphical draw in one window.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!