What's new

[Beta] RT-AC87U 9.0.0.4.378.9110

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

1. When release beta for me ?

We shouldn't be pushing for timelines for beta releases (or for new features). I think we're lucky that we have an ASUS rep willing to work with us and share beta firmwares for our feedback. We do seem to be getting closer to a stable product, and ASUS is at least still willing to try to work on the issues, I don't want ASUS to leave these forums and lose valuable feedback because they don't consider their time here to be worth it.

I'm only speaking for myself but my 87U was superior to my 68U in every capacity. These upcoming 5G fixes/improvements can only help. And yes, I do have multiple Apple 5G devices and have zero problems with them. I'm glad Asus is continuously trying to help, at least.

1.png

This doesn't make sense. A temperature is not a percentage, for starter, as there are no value that correspond to 0% and 100%. So, you can't scale it as a percentage.

Putting them in a small graph is also impractical, because the range is too wide - you would be unable to distinguish the readings as they vary by a few degrees. You'd need to be able to represent ranges going at least from 30 to 100C to display the mostly common range - probably 30 to 120C to handle all possible cases. And the distance between the radio temps would be too small, it would be impossible to distinguish them effectively.

This doesn't make sense. A temperature is not a percentage, for starter, as there are no value that correspond to 0% and 100%. So, you can't scale it as a percentage.

Putting them in a small graph is also impractical, because the range is too wide - you would be unable to distinguish the readings as they vary by a few degrees. You'd need to be able to represent ranges going at least from 30 to 100C to display the mostly common range - probably 30 to 120C to handle all possible cases. And the distance between the radio temps would be too small, it would be impossible to distinguish them effectively.
so IMO best solution is in Your FW

Traffic Analyzer strange ....
First enter in Traffic Analyzer
tabug_1-png.4563

Next i change date to this same date 30.09.2015 and we see total different view and false data with hours later than now (later than 20:30) ????
tabug_2-png.4564

For me its not normal

Attachments

• tabug_1.png
    tabug_1.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 1,343
  • tabug_2.png
    tabug_2.png
    215.8 KB · Views: 1,247
I'm only speaking for myself but my 87U was superior to my 68U in every capacity. These upcoming 5G fixes/improvements can only help. And yes, I do have multiple Apple 5G devices and have zero problems with them. I'm glad Asus is continuously trying to help, at least.

I agree Tommy2 My RT-87U has been rock solid too. I have five iPhones (5s - 6), two smartTVs, 3 laptops connected via wifi, and iPad2, two NAS devices, two desktop PCs, a Boxee Box, wired printer, and connected Blueray player. I have not experienced any issues and i'm surprised (and saddened) to see the level of problems posted by others. My setup is fairly straight forward, I'm not running any scripts, VPN, or have any hard drives or printers connected to the router. i have not experienced ny of the wifi issues, 5G has been rock solid to the point where all my wifi devices are connected to 5G and non to the 2.4G.

Last edited:
I agree Tommy2 My RT-87U has been rock solid too. I have five iPhones (4s - 6), two smartTVs, 3 laptops connected via wifi, and iPad2, two NAS devices, two desktop PCs, a Boxee Box, wired printer, and connected Blueray player. I have not experienced any issues and i'm surprised (and saddened) to see the level of problems posted by others. My setup is fairly straight forward, I'm not running any scripts, VPN, or have any hard drives or printers connected to the router. i have not experienced ny of the wifi issues, 5G has been rock solid to the point where all my wifi devices are connected to 5G and non to the 2.4G.
Firmware version pls...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I agree Tommy2 My RT-87U has been rock solid too. I have five iPhones (4s - 6), two smartTVs, 3 laptops connected via wifi, and iPad2, two NAS devices, two desktop PCs, a Boxee Box, wired printer, and connected Blueray player. I have not experienced any issues and i'm surprised (and saddened) to see the level of problems posted by others. My setup is fairly straight forward, I'm not running any scripts, VPN, or have any hard drives or printers connected to the router. i have not experienced ny of the wifi issues, 5G has been rock solid to the point where all my wifi devices are connected to 5G and non to the 2.4G.

Iphone 4s with 5ghz ?

Firmware version pls...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I was using Merlin's 378.55 up until two days ago with no problems, but I just flashed the most recent beta 9.0.0.4.378.9110

1. When release beta for me ? ...
2. After the restart were never recorded data from webhistory. There are always deleted when the router restarts. And if I log on remotely or locally that data is written from scratch.
3. Look on image in attachment
5. Not good... becuase users will know what is temp becuase router cpu temp and wifi is very very high.... and sometimes user use cooling
6. By Administration->Feedback i can not send file with add settings for Polish provider GSM - Aero2. This file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9_f5y6viF8RWVdla01LR3B1UTQ/view?usp=sharing

1. Here you are. I haven't tried it. :p
https://www.dropbox.com/s/flxam7im2ktajml/RT-AC87U_9.0.0.4_378_0-ga94e682.trx?dl=0

2. Ok, we plan to move web history to JFFS in the future, then it will keep the records after reoboot. But not all the records, maybe keeps latest 50 records.

3. Due to UI design, that area isn't suitable for adding more icon there. It's too long. We will take your requirements into accounts for new ASUSWRT.

6. Which modem do you have?
Pure GSM doesn't provide internet except it has Edge technology. But Edge is slow.
WCDMA and later technoglogy can meet data streaming requirements.

However, if we support that USB modem, then it can go on internet no matter GSM/WCDMA/LTE...
Please check the modem suport list
http://www.asus.com/event/networks_3G4G_support/

What version # is this? Is this newer that what was released yesterday/today for AC87?
Same question, because it doesn't have the build number

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Some tunnel providers will block the use of DNS servers others than those they specifically support, to prevent accidental information leak. Unfortunately I don't think Asus still has the Advanced setting page for clients that would allow you to set DNS support to be exclusive or strict. Try setting this over SSH:

Code:
nvram set vpn_client1_adns=2
nvram commit
service restart_vpnclient1

If that doesn't work, try setting it to 3 instead of 2.

For your information and for other users facing the same problem; I have been troubleshooting the issue with ASUS support and the solution was to set in the router a different DNS than my ISP (e.g. OpenDNS). Now the connection works flawlessly.

Note: I am testing this with the official 9177 firmware,. I thought I did test with different DNSs IP but apparently not! Or something has changed in build 9177.

For your information and for other users facing the same problem; I have been troubleshooting the issue with ASUS support and the solution was to set in the router a different DNS than my ISP (e.g. OpenDNS). Now the connection works flawlessly.

Note: I am testing this with the official 9177 firmware,. I thought I did test with different DNSs IP but apparently not! Or something has changed in build 9177.

I've read about this on PIA website, but to put in the DNS address manually every time you use OpenVPN is annoying. With Merlins firmware it automatically changes the DNS addresses when you enable OpenVPN.

You put them once... Leave them or turn ON/OFF. Not a major issue here. As soon as Merlin will update the firmware I will switch. For the moment I prefer to be on this latest firmware.

1. Here you are. I haven't tried it. :p
https://www.dropbox.com/s/flxam7im2ktajml/RT-AC87U_9.0.0.4_378_0-ga94e682.trx?dl=0

2. Ok, we plan to move web history to JFFS in the future, then it will keep the records after reoboot. But not all the records, maybe keeps latest 50 records.

3. Due to UI design, that area isn't suitable for adding more icon there. It's too long. We will take your requirements into accounts for new ASUSWRT.

6. Which modem do you have?
Pure GSM doesn't provide internet except it has Edge technology. But Edge is slow.
WCDMA and later technoglogy can meet data streaming requirements.

However, if we support that USB modem, then it can go on internet no matter GSM/WCDMA/LTE...
Please check the modem suport list
http://www.asus.com/event/networks_3G4G_support/

2. Maybe add option to set how long data must be keep... Maybe option 7 days, 15days and 30 days. Keeps 50 record is too small... keeps for 30days is ok. But better is to add option to user can set 7,15,30days.

3. RMerlin add icon with no problem there.

6. I have modem Huawei E3276-150 and it works ok, but i must manual set provider setting for AERO2. Please add settings for Aero2 to ASUSWRT. I Share you file with this ready settings.

Last edited:
Traffic Analyzer strange ....
First enter in Traffic Analyzer
tabug_1-png.4563

Next i change date to this same date 30.09.2015 and we see total different view and false data with hours later than now (later than 20:30) ????
tabug_2-png.4564

For me its not normal

I also have the same problem... and when we set other back data and then back to today also see different data.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!