What's new

[Beta] RT-AC87U Firmware version 9.0.0.4.380_2695

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ahaa i see, been using merlins for to long[emoji14]thought it was asuswrt default.. Doooooh. BTW great work on your firmwares merlin hope you get to implement this new driver soon :)

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

Thought I'd give this one a try. Updated from 9177. Everything seemed to go smoothly until I went to test VPN and AiCloud. In both cases if I specify the router login name and password it does not accept it.... even on the local lan. With VPN I simply used another account I created and it worked. With AiCloud there is no other option, so it's just broken. Anyone else? Did I miss something simple? I even tried enabling web access from the wan, but no different. My password is quite long at 16 characters, it used to be longer (a few firmwares ago) but broke the router so I reduced it to 16.

Ok, so simple enough to change my password, chose a simple one at 9 characters. Worked!!!

Now here's the really weird thing, after connecting I went to the router and changed the password back again. Then I reopend AiCloud on my phone and it complained about the password being wrong, but then proceeded to allow me to have access anyway! Nice feature there! So I "unlinked" and added the router back using the original 16 character password and it WORKED! WTF? I really just don't know what to think about all this now.... sigh.

PS, wow it gets even better, now the VPN is working with the main router user/password!!

Something definitely changed by me changing the password to something else and then back again! What is going on???

Ok, so I'm back up this morning and now my samba shares won't accept the admin creds, but other accounts will... To be more accurate, when clicking on the server in "Network" in Windows 7 it prompts for the creds and won't take. However, if I open a command prompt and manually use the net use command it will work. Sounds like some kind of difference in authentication method??

Is this a bug in this beta version or happening in other builds as well?

So I figured I'd try the shorter password again, sure enough it takes with a shorter password.

I did some looking around and found something interesting, apparently Windows uses a different authentication method if your password is over 14 characters (mine is 16), so the ASUS router must not support this authentication method now... worked fine in the past... is this one worthy of being documented as a bug?

Firmware bugg: when on guest network and the access intranet is set to off you can still access the local intranet.

Can't replicate here... its common that what you actually see is the cache of the previous sessions.
Just reboot the system or clear the cache. :)

Can't replicate here... its common that what you actually see is the cache of the previous sessions.
Just reboot the system or clear the cache. :)
Are you talking about https? I did not clear the browser cache but when you do a Ctrl-F5, it brings in the latest version from the server. But after few minutes, when I navigate to the same page, it again hangs for a while.

What does rebooting my system have anything to do with the chrome browser cache? Tools - Clear browsing data - Cached image and files will take care of the browser cache.

Uuuhm? Browser cache?? I am referring to pjotr2k and Guest network, nothing to do with Chrome and its cache. Its the system cache :)

For the same discussion and explanation see here:
http://www.snbforums.com/posts/243898/
Ok, my bad. I couldn't figure out who you are replying to as you didn't quote in your response.

@RMerlin and all: When I change the "Web Interface - Authentication Method" to https, every page takes a while to load. Not sure why it behaves that way... Is it a known issue?

No problem! Normally if a poster does not quote it should refer to the post just above.

Ok, my bad. I couldn't figure out who you are replying to as you didn't quote in your response.

@RMerlin and all: When I change the "Web Interface - Authentication Method" to https, every page takes a while to load. Not sure why it behaves that way... Is it a known issue?

Probably best to post this in the Merlin section...
http://www.snbforums.com/forums/asuswrt-merlin.42/

I don't think asuswrt firmwares have this option. Or am I have missed it.

The system is factory reset and devices always gets cleared when u hook up the devices.
Reproduced it on several devices ios and android.

Can say that I have the same password for both guest network and standard network but this shouldnt be an issue.

The system is factory reset and devices always gets cleared when u hook up the devices.
Reproduced it on several devices ios and android.

Can say that I have the same password for both guest network and standard network but this shouldnt be an issue.

Something is to be able to see, something else is to be able to open/write. A simple test would be to first set your android/iOS on Guest network. On a third machine (which you will not set to GUEST!) create a new txt file in a network resource. Now try via android/iOS connected to guest to open/modify this file.

Also you should have a different password than your main wifi otherwise any user will be able to connect to your main wifi. Therefore defeating the logic behind a guest access.

Can change NTP server solve this issue? It's strange that we can't duplicate it but many users report it.
I have changed to ar.pool.ntp.org and seems working. I'm going to do a reset again just to check.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Strange. ntp server is always same in all fw..... So why not work in new fw ?

I will test today night. Now im in work.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!