What's new

[Beta] RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_8248 Unofficial Beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Slow week for beta releases or a non-beta from Asus :(

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Hopefully something soon, came across this:

Asus@SG said:
We are currently working on the next build and the new version contains fixes user interface, IPTV issue and improve the battery drain issue.

Sorry for late reply due to Comex show..

Asus@SG said:
MU-MIMO is ready and we didn't enable at the moment, until we have fully resolved the 5Ghz issue.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
I'm currently testing _8715. I didn't share it yet because it still has the battery drain issue on 5Ghz band.
I'll be posting a new one soon

Replied through Tapatalk

I'm currently testing _8715. I didn't share it yet because it still has the battery drain issue on 5Ghz band.
I'll be posting a new one soon

Replied through Tapatalk

Look forward to it. Noticed no battery drain on any FW with my iphone.

Bodean share please 8715

Wysłane z mojego SM-G850F przy użyciu Tapatalka

You dont have this firmware?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G850F przy użyciu Tapatalka

I do have some concern about ASUS@SG's statement over on hardwarezone about "...MU-MIMO is ready and we didn't enable at the moment, until we have fully resolved the 5Ghz issue."

It makes we wonder if Quantenna will ever be able to get it together...maybe a new Airport Extreme instead. There's a reason that I usually stay away from the bleeding edge...as this is messy

There's a reason that I usually stay away from the bleeding edge...as this is messy

It's not even bleeding edge anymore as the 3200 and the new 88U coming out very soon have replaced it.

I know everyone is excited about MU-MIMO, which tends to be the key feature of Wave 2 802.11ac - keep in mind that it'll only apply if the clients are also MU-MIMO...

AC2600 class routers are interesting, but I think the AC1900 class routers are the place to be right now...

I wouldn't invest in AC2400/AC3200/AC5300 - too much cost for too little benefit..

Anyway before getting MU-MIMO enabled, first we need beamforming working, if not forget about MU-MIMO

Replied through Tapatalk

Anyway before getting MU-MIMO enabled, first we need beamforming working, if not forget about MU-MIMO

I think for most folks - getting 5GHz stable on the QTN radio is critical path for the RT-AC87U customers - 5GHz stability on that target seems to be the cause of most issues...

Beamforming is optional in 11ac, as is MU-MIMO - but there's still some benefit to have 4*4:4 SU-MIMO...

DaveMishSR

I see that you have installed firmware v56 alpha 1. Where you download it ? Can you share me it on my Asus RT-AC87U ?

It is the same as RT-AC87R ?
I am sorry to post this off-topic response but I get this question all the time. The short answer is no. And yes, the R and U variants are identical.

Merlin has a developmental download site. These builds can be very unstable, have no changelog or support and I generally recommend that most end users avoid them. With that said however I will not give out the URL unless Eric himself tells me it is okay. To date that has not happened so please ask Merlin if you can have the link.

As you were.

I think for most folks - getting 5GHz stable on the QTN radio is critical path for the RT-AC87U customers - 5GHz stability on that target seems to be the cause of most issues...

Beamforming is optional in 11ac, as is MU-MIMO - but there's still some benefit to have 4*4:4 SU-MIMO...

Yes, better radio performance would be great, but I just really want to not have to reboot daily and sometimes during printing and scanning sessions ... Can my printer stay in touch on 2.4 while equipment is on either 2.4 or 5? Please...

These builds can be very unstable, have no changelog or support and I generally recommend that most end users avoid them.
For the ones curious to know what's new these are the expected changes in 56 once out.

378.56 (xx-xxxx-2015)
- NEW: Merged with GPL 7838.
- NEW: Support for Russian ISP Telenet (code by theMIROn)
- NEW: ipset support in dnsmasq (patch by ryzhov_al)
- NEW: default loglevel is now configurable and defaults to 5 (notice) instead of 0 (emergency)
- NEW: local syslogd loglevel is now configurable through the webui.
- NEW: Support for extra-certs in OpenVPN
- CHANGED: Updated miniupnpd to 20150723 snapshot
- CHANGED: Updated openvpn to 2.3.8
- CHANGED: Updated dropbear to 2015.68
- FIXED: Router crash when an invalid or corrupted DH parameter is used on an OpenVPN server configuration.
- FIXED: 2.4 GHz temperature would be missing on the Sysinfo page when disabling thee 5 GHz radio on the RT-AC3200.
- FIXED: Max tracked connection limit wasn't user-editable
- FIXED: Resource leaks in ez-ipupdate if an update failed

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/blob/master/Changelog.txt

Hi,

Any chance you can repost this firmware, as the link doesn't seem to work anymore and I would like to try it, currently on 3.0.0.4.378_7449, which seems ok, with devices showing up as 5GHz connected (iPhone and iPad).

Pete.

This firmware can be downloaded just tested.

We are currently testing on newer build and i will release once the build is stable.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!