What's new

Block sites for specific device on LAN?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SadikP

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys, bit of novice when it comes to routers & some of the more advanced settings.

I'm currently running Merlin 384.14_2 on my RT-AC5300.
Is it possible to block a specific client from accessing a certain site?

I would like for the PlayStation 4 to not be able to connect to the Fortnite servers.

I have currently set up epicgames on a blacklist under Firewall > URL Filter, but then this blocks access for all devices to Epic Games.

Thanks for your help/advice in advance.

If you know the Fortnite server addresses, then it's easy.....but not being a gamer for a good long time, and someone who thinks fortnite is 2 weeks, I'm no help there...:)

I've got a similar problem, also Fortnite. My 14 year old son is spending all his time playing Fortnite on his iPad, rather than doing schoolwork, during this coronavirus problem.
I'm using Asus AC-88 router with Merlin 380.69 firmware. I was hoping to be able to use Network Services Filter to limit access to Fortnite games for certain periods of the day.
Would appreciate some advice as to how to achieve this. Thanks!

Hi guys, bit of novice when it comes to routers & some of the more advanced settings.

I'm currently running Merlin 384.14_2 on my RT-AC5300.
Is it possible to block a specific client from accessing a certain site?

I would like for the PlayStation 4 to not be able to connect to the Fortnite servers.

I have currently set up epicgames on a blacklist under Firewall > URL Filter, but then this blocks access for all devices to Epic Games.

Thanks for your help/advice in advance.
Instead of blocking only fortnite servers, why don't you block PS4 internet access?

Ore use NEXTDNS as it's able to block Fortnite and other apps.
My recommendation is to use NEXTDNS through all of your network, if you don't know the service it's a good time to give them a chance!
However if you want to use only on your PS4, just use LAN->DNS Filter and set their DNS (after configuring the options on their website, read the instructions) on PS4 Mac address.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200406-101811455.png
    Screenshot_20200406-101811455.png
    77 KB · Views: 161
Instead of blocking only fortnite servers, why don't you block PS4 internet access?
For my iPad, I was hoping that it can keep working for other stuff, just prevent it from being used for Fortnite, for certain hours of the day.

For my iPad, I was hoping that it can keep working for other stuff, just prevent it from being used for Fortnite, for certain hours of the day.
Yes, sorry, I was answering the other post.
Use NEXTDNS

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!