1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Bridged modem access with dynamic ip WAN setting?

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by psychbiz, Jun 18, 2018.

1. psychbiz

psychbiz Occasional Visitor

Router:RT-AC66U with Merlin's 380.70 firmware

I have just been switched over by my ISP from ADSL to VDSL2. Previously, I connected with PPPoE and easily configured the WAN settings to access the bridged modem in my browser although it is on another IP subnet. [Router 192.168.50.1 and modem 10.1.1.1]. The VDSL connection requires a the "Automatic IP" setting in the WAN settings tab which hides the text boxes to specify the modem as gateway and fixed IP for router, so that now I can't access the modem directly over the network.

Is there some way to re-enable that option as I find that direct access to the bridged modem in the browser over home network has been really convenient as we often have connection issues here?

Is there some other configuration option that will achieve the same result?

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!