What's new

[Bug] Administration IP whitelist rules not applied after reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gst

New Around Here
Version: 380.69_2
Hardware: RT-AC66R

Problem:
Under Administration>System, I have set up a whitelist of networks/addresses which should be allowed to access the WebUI. When you first apply the setting it works great and blocks addresses which are not whitelisted. After rebooting though, any address is allowed access to the WebUI. The whitelist settings are still there, the rules just don't seem to be applied on boot.

Anyone have suggestions for a script to force those rules on boot (as a workaround)?

Edit: If it matters, the device is operating in AP mode.

Last edited:
The more I think about it the more I think this is related to the device being in AP mode. It appears no netfilter rules are being loaded on boot. Maybe if the device is in AP mode the netfilter firewall service is skipped? It makes sense not to start it most of the time, but it's needed for this purpose.

I created a script to apply the access restrictions on boot in the meantime, until the bug is confirmed/patched.