What's new

bug report 380.68_0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@cybrnook i dit clear my cache as I installed 3 different versions with differend icon sets , else the icons woulnd load ( or shift f5 isn't forced refresh ? and incognito start to cache stuff suddenly after closing the browser ? )
Anyway if you like I can make the same screenshot with 3 differend browsers and even from my phone to proof it is not cache xd
Tomorow I will provide the screenshots if you like them xd

Greets from powerchaos

Greets from PowerChaos
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I have the same issue. Upgraded from .65 to .68 and am missing UI elements.

I downgraded to .67 and that seems to fix it.

I then tried to upgrade from .67 to .68, but still have the same problem (missing UI elements).

I do have a usb drive with AB Solution installed. Could that be causing the issue?

have the same issue. Upgraded from .65 to .68 and am missing UI elements.

Your issue is the complete opposite, the original poster's problem is that the full webui is shown while in Repeater Mode rather than the option-limited version.

Did you do the mandatory forced reload OR clearing your browser cache? This is the main reason for missing webui elements.

@cybrnook i dit clear my cache as I installed 3 different versions with differend icon sets , else the icons woulnd load ( or shift f5 isn't forced refresh ? and incognito start to cache stuff suddenly after closing the browser ? )
Anyway if you like I can make the same screenshot with 3 differend browsers and even from my phone to proof it is not cache xd
Tomorow I will provide the screenshots if you like them xd

Greets from powerchaos

Greets from PowerChaos
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Sorry, I just didn't have the time to test it yet (as the AC88U is my primary router, so I have to take my network down to test this).

Your issue is the complete opposite, the original poster's problem is that the full webui is shown while in Repeater Mode rather than the option-limited version.

Did you do the mandatory forced reload OR clearing your browser cache? This is the main reason for missing webui elements.

Yes, I cleared the browser cache and forced reload. I also tried to switch from Router mode to AP mode and back and the problem is still there.

Yes, I cleared the browser cache and forced reload. I also tried to switch from Router mode to AP mode and back and the problem is still there.

What elements are you missing? Can you provide a screenshot?

There were some pages that got fully removed from the new menu as they didn't work properly in Repeater/AP mode, so for some of these, it's normal.

There were some pages that got fully removed from the new menu as they didn't work properly in Repeater/AP mode, so for some of these, it's normal.

Traffic manager and Parental Controls are missing. I will have to upgrade the firmware to get a screenshot.

Screenshot attached!

Attachments

• Screenshot.JPG
    Screenshot.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 659
My 5Ghz network works after a restart , online for a few secs and dont work anymore.

The wireless indicator is cut in two . Only half litted .

Updated firmware to latest build on ac68u.
I have even tried to change channels - hz ... everything. Dont work :(

Restarted router - online . I even resetted network settings on my IPhone 7 . Drops every time .

EDIT : LOCATED "error" .
After Update in the wireless settings under professional tab - enable wireless scheduler was enabled .?.? 5GHz was disabled due that option enabled .... :)

Fixed and running now :)

Attachments

• IMG_3189.PNG
    IMG_3189.PNG
    197.8 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
Repeater Mode wasn't correctly by the new webui code on some router models, resulting in Router Mode options being shown instead of the limited Repeater set. Fixed on git.

I know @PowerChaos and other AP users will be happy. Perhaps in the _2 release?

Yes, however I'm waiting to have enough significant fixes before issuing a release since this isn't critical.

I too have some strange GUI problems with my AC3200. I factory reset before and after upgrade to 380.68.
My router is in media bridge mode. It's connected to a SSID "ASUS", and "OL2" and "OL2_5g_2" are the ssid's I created doing initial setup. These ssids don't broadcast, so not available to any devices. But if i click them in asuswrt gui, the web page auto refresh/ reload several times a second. Looks like its jumping between two pages. So clearly, those networks ain't supposed to be there.
Yes, I did a hard refresh in chrome. Also tried incognito mode.

Attachments

• Strange.PNG
    Strange.PNG
    205.3 KB · Views: 537
you mean those 2 buttons on top (ssid ) ?

They are indeed not supposed to be there
could you try latest original firmware and see if they exist in there
if not , then it is probably fixed in newer release
if they also exist in there , then a other fix is needed ( as it is a bug in official firm then )

no factory reset is needed between those 2 , as long you do not change settings xD

Greets From PowerChaos

Model: RT-AC88U
Version: 380.68_0

Problem: Internet Led is shutdown (on router startup, the led starts in red, and when connected to internet it shuts down the led - should pass from red to white)

Internet by 4G Dongle on USB2.0

Can anyone confirm or check this?

Regards

I tried 380.68 on my 68p and notice a significant drop to write speeds(from 14MBs down to 6MBs over powerline) to my connected usb drive( FAT). I tried factory reset, but end up reverting to 380.67 and the speeds was back.

Did anyone else notice a drop in write speeds to connected drives?