What's new

bug report 380.68_0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I tried 380.68 on my 68p and notice a significant drop to write speeds(from 14MBs down to 6MBs over powerline) to my connected usb drive( FAT). I tried factory reset, but end up reverting to 380.67 and the speeds was back.

Did anyone else notice a drop in write speeds to connected drives?
I assume you validated that "reduce USB interference" in the 2.4 professional tab is disabled?

I assume you validated that "reduce USB interference" in the 2.4 professional tab is disabled?

I didn't , but then again I did factory reset both ver 67 and 68, so unless the defaults are different that should not be the cause. I also test on the usb 2 port as well.

I didn't , but then again I did factory reset both ver 67 and 68, so unless the defaults are different that should not be the cause. I also test on the usb 2 port as well.

Defaults can always change. Do not just suppose that it is the same

As example. Few releases before was ssl forced then later it was off by default ... so things change
Make sure to check changelogs if something is differend and make sure to check all settings first after each update/reset

Greets from PowerChaos
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Last edited:
"Default" is always enabled for this option, which is the opposite of what you want..... Took more time to type all this out then to just check.

"Default" is always enabled for this option, which is the opposite of what you want..... Took more time to type all this out then to just check.
Yes, I notice that its enabled. But its enabled for both firmware, so that would logically mean its not the cause of the difference in speed. I also noted that i tested on USB 2.0 port that should not have anything to do with usb interference.
In any case, if no one else experience a drop in USB write performance then it must only be my setup, no biggie, just thought I would share my observation

Last edited:
Yes, I notice that its enabled. But its enabled for both firmware, so that would logically mean its not the cause of the difference in speed
code change all the time so that logical does not make any sense
at least not for code
code change all the time , thats why it is called a other version
it could be possible they dit something that change the write speed , or it could be that the wanted the write speed to go down (so is it willingly or not ? )
when before the setting has no effect could it have a effect at this moment

see it like wifi
i use wifi on channel 1, it runs fine for a couple years and suddenly "after a update" it does not work -> blame software as it logically need to work ?
no, first try a other channel ( even if it does not make sense ) and try to see if it is maybe overcrowded with other signals (so logically changing channel to a less used channel fix this problem )
then if nothing works .... try different versions or original versions ( always compare to original if it also exist in original )
if original does not have that problem -> bug report on custom firmware
if original has same problem -> bug report for original firmware (after reading changelogs ofcourse)
is it in changelogs , then it is not a bug but a extra that is added in original firmware

see this topic for more info about a same kind of issue :D
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/m...66-380-67-and-380-68.40779/page-2#post-343603

Greets From PowerChaos

Fair enough.
All I was trying to say was that with the exact same config( settings and environment) the write speed to the USB drive, even on usb 2.0 port has decreased significantly from moving from firmware 67 to 68. I appreciate all the feedback, and since its only me we can close this issue.
Thanks.

I tried 380.68 on my 68p and notice a significant drop to write speeds(from 14MBs down to 6MBs over powerline) to my connected usb drive( FAT). I tried factory reset, but end up reverting to 380.67 and the speeds was back.

Did anyone else notice a drop in write speeds to connected drives?

Still getting 60 MB/s here.

Have Hggomes and RMerlin teamed up and collaborate now with FW for Asus RT-AC68U this days?