What's new

Bug - Virtual Server / Port Forwarding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xwildx

Occasional Visitor
Hi @RMerlin,

I found an issue on the Virtual Server / Port Forwarding page that crash the firewall service in the router (The issue is also there on the new version released today 386.5)

I have added the port for Moonlight 47984-47989,47998-48000,48002,48010

By mistake I have used the - instead of the :

1646283844575.png

If you add those port and reboot the router, you internet connection will never work (The firewall service doesnt work anymore).

Edit :
You need to do copy paste

Here is the video of the issue

Best,

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, what if you break it into multiple port forward rules instead of combining them all into 1?

I did that to fix the issue and it work

It probably already happen to someone else and ended up reseting the router

I had the history of my config file and I saw that a few months ago I added this port and the other changes was from more than a year.

What router model?

How did you manage to enter "47998-48000"? When I try to do that it refuses to accept the "-" character because it is invalid. Port ranges are denoted by ":".

I have an RT-AX88U and the - is allowed not sure why.

I'm also using Chrome 98.0.4758.102 if that help,

I have an RT-AX88U and the - is allowed not sure why.

I'm also using Chrome 98.0.4758.102 if that help,
I can't recreate the problem here using Chrome on an RT-AX86U. But regardless of that the "-" character is probably the source of your problem as that is the wrong character. You should be using ":" as shown clearly on that page and in the FAQ.

Untitled.png

I know that the : always worked well, this is the main reason why I created this thread to prevent other people to have the same issue

I just tested on an RT-AX86U the issue is also there

Here is the video

Thanks for the video. I see the problem now.

It's because you are using "cut and paste". For some reason this is allowing you to bypass the input validation on that field.