What's new

CakeQOS CakeQOS for Gaming?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have multiple Bell and Rogers residential and business lines in use and they have no issues with IPv6, but here in Canada we still don't have the issue IPv6 was designed to solve >20 years ago. Running dual stack for us is just unnecessary complication and IPv6 capable gear is still resolving own issues we don't really need to deal with.
I guess since I deal more with the equipment side, I don't really care if the support is buttoned down on the transit side. I'm out in BC. Probably twice per week I encounter a network laser printer that flipped its port settings in Windows to IPv6, and can't find the printer anymore. My solution is usually to flick it back to the IPv4 IP so that it prints again. There's also issues like some Microsoft software won't update if IPv6 is enabled on your computer. (Connection / activation issues.) Although 99% of it is hammered out now, when you're in IT, you get a constant barrage of the 1% situations.

When I'm dealing with glitchy ISP modems where printers won't work on IPv6, or ASUS routers where you've identified other problems, the implementation being proper beyond the premises doesn't help. It still inconveniences the end user and IT person. 😄 My solution is just to turn it off if it isn't needed. Hopefully once really and truly needed, all the devices will be functioning fine.

My solution is just to turn it off if it isn't needed. Hopefully once really and truly needed, all the devices will be functioning fine.

This is my solution as well on all my networks. Works perfectly fine and saves needless troubleshooting.