What's new

Can you use DD-WRT with netgear nhawk R7000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ejp

Occasional Visitor
Currently, when I check the DD-WRT websites list of supported devices the netgear nighthawk r7000 doesn't come up under the list, however I've heard that DD-WRT can in fact be installed on the nhawk r7000 router.

Would anyone be so kind as to: 1. confirm that DD-WRT does in fact work and can be installed on the nhawk r7000, and 2. provide me with a link to where I could download DD-WRT for my router. Thanks so much in advanced for any assistance you could provide.

Hi,
Yes sure does. Kong's dd-wrt. Worth trying.

running on mine

DD-WRT logo
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (09/13/14) kongac
(SVN revision 25015M)

There are several different distributions of the DD-WRT firmware. The mini contains all the features of the standard distribution, with the exception of chillispot, nocat, rflow, kaid, CIFS client, SNMP, IPv6, and MMC/SD card support. The standard (std) distribution includes all features, with the exception of VOIP. The standard-nokaid (std-nokaid) distribution includes all features of standard, with kaid removed to free some flash space. The VOIP distribution includes all features, with kaid removed to make room for Milkfish. The VPN edition includes OpenVPN but does not include IPv6, CIFS client, or kaid. The micro edition is a stripped down version designed for the WRT54G v5 and other 2MB router models.

Running OpenVPN

Last edited:
You have ddwrt beta release from Brianslayer breach which merged with Kong's ( ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/

it's a full dd-wrt with all the features named previously plus transmission (actually Kong's breach)

IMPORTANT you read about this firmware Kong's : http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152

It's the same fw you'll find at netgear's myopenrouter.com (few weeks delayed).

IMHO the best router overall available today it's the R7000 with Kong's ddwrt, very close the asus ac68u with merlin firmware third Buffalo's WZR1750 with Kong's ddwrt (basically a lesser range r7000 with twice memory and fewer mhz).

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!