What's new

Cannot get Zywall into bridge mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chain_Reaction

Occasional Visitor
Hello again. I have a Zywall 2 Plus. It's just the wired form with no wireless attributes.

I am trying to get it into "Transparent" aka Bridge Mode but without success. When it is in bridged mode I can connect to the Zywall by wifi but there is NO net. I would prefer to have it in bridged mode for simplicity of not having a dual router/nat setup.

It works in router mode so should I leave it dual router? When I connect in router mode, I have access to everything.

Or should I just put the wifi router into access point mode and be happy?

The ISP is using NAT to make users share IP addresses, they also use Static IP's, AND MAC address control. I had to register the MAC address to get it to work. And that part itself is another story that would get everyone laughing here.

Thanks again guys. And thanks for the reviews on products. It made the Zywall 2 Plus selection easy and a great buy for $89.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!