What's new

Cant get 2.4GHz radio to start on Merlin 384.4_2 - RT-AC86U Chinese inport

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jmgraham

New Around Here
For some reason i cant get 2.4GHz radio to start with Merlin 384.4_2 on my RT-AC86U Chinese inport.
Did full initialisation and manual setup but 2.4 Ghz radio will not start. Radio settings page does not load properly but looks as if 2.4Ghz radio is on control channel 0. Managed to change to Europe region but no luck on getting radio to start.
Firmware signature version is 2.062.

When i install official version 3.0.0.4.384_20467 i have no problems with 2.4 Ghz. I want to run Merlin but maybe i'll have to wait for next version.

For some reason i cant get 2.4GHz radio to start with Merlin 384.4_2 on my RT-AC86U Chinese inport.
Did full initialisation and manual setup but 2.4 Ghz radio will not start. Radio settings page does not load properly but looks as if 2.4Ghz radio is on control channel 0. Managed to change to Europe region but no luck on getting radio to start.
Firmware signature version is 2.062.

When i install official version 3.0.0.4.384_20467 i have no problems with 2.4 Ghz. I want to run Merlin but maybe i'll have to wait for next version.
Same issue here. Lost the 2.4 GHz radio at 384.4 Beta 3 and all versions since. My unit however, is the US version. Also, my wireless config pages do not display properly... no tabs visible which would allow me to access the "Professional" tab and try to turn the radio OFF/ON. I just keep flashing each newer release, hoping at some point it magically gets resolved. I've used different computers, different browsers, cleared cache, reset, reinitialized, reconfigured, etc. All to no avail.

Last edited:
Same issue here. Lost the 2.4 GHz radio at 384.4 Beta 3 and all versions since. My unit however, is the US version. Also, my wireless config pages do not display properly... no tabs visible which would allow me to access the "Professional" tab and try to turn the radio OFF/ON. I just keep flashing each newer release, hoping at some point it magically gets resolved. I've used different computers, different browsers, cleared cache, reset, reinitialized, reconfigured, etc. All to no avail.

Seems to be an issue with the firmware that's based on 3.0.0.4_384_20308. I flashed this official Asus version and also having the same problem. I'm not sure but is Asus Merlin 384.4_2 not based on official version 20308. Hopefully when merlin rebases onto next version issue will be resolved.

Seems to be an issue with the firmware that's based on 3.0.0.4_384_20308. I flashed this official Asus version and also having the same problem. I'm not sure but is Asus Merlin 384.4_2 not based on official version 20308. Hopefully when merlin rebases onto next version issue will be resolved.
Yes... At least partially...from Merlin's release notes:
384.4 (16-Mar-2018)
- NEW: Merged with GPL 384_20379 (with some binary components
from 382_50010 and 384_20308 depending on models)

#bump - issues with asus merlin 384.4_2 random connectivity on 2.4ghz wireless (some devices connect and some dont)

I am having the same issues, and I cant reflash to an earlier version? I tried uploading 380.70 and it didnt work.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

The attached image is me trying to re-flash to merlin 380.70 after I reverted to asus stock firmware.
Asus stock that I used: 3.0.0.4.382_50010

asus-upload-merlin-firmware.PNG

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!