What's new

Cant flash RT-AX82U gnuton

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Welcome to the forums @petergaze.

Do you have any USB devices connected to the router? Have you unzipped the file you downloaded? Have you verified the hash of the actual firmware?

Does rebooting (via the GUI) help?

Does an electrical reset work? Leaving the power button 'on', on the router, unplug the power cord from the router and from the AC wall plug for a few minutes. Power it up and try again.

Welcome to the forums @petergaze.

Do you have any USB devices connected to the router? Have you unzipped the file you downloaded? Have you verified the hash of the actual firmware?

Does rebooting (via the GUI) help?

Does an electrical reset work? Leaving the power button 'on', on the router, unplug the power cord from the router and from the AC wall plug for a few minutes. Power it up and try again.

nothing on it, completly fresh.

Did a reboot via gui, also electrical reset like you said and a hard reset with no auto update or updating to the newest version. Its still says failed

I'try to use the newest release https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/releases/tag/388.2_2_0-gnuton1
from stock version 3.0.0.4.388_22525

is it maybe faulty?
But its completly new from amazon, it was in foil

How many CPU cores you see in Asuswrt GUI?

is that what you need?

No, this:

1687031665274.png

3 cores - V1
4 cores - V2

How much free RAM your router has when you attempt firmware flashing?

1687031801311.png

Try loading stock Asuswrt 386_50289 on your router, hard reset it after (WPS method), do minimal configuration and try 388.2_2 again.

What's the exact message on the screen?

There is a way to force firmware flash, but I'm not going to be the one offering it to you. A mistake kills the router.

Why do you need 3rd party firmware so badly?

There is a way to force firmware flash, but I'm not going to be the one offering it to you. A mistake kills the router.

Why do you need 3rd party firmware so badly?
Its for gaming
I just need QOS for bufferbloat thing, the adaptive qos does not work quite right for me and with Traditional QoS i have lower dl speed even no one else is connected but no bufferbloat (from 8mb/s to 3mb/s dl speed in steam)
it should automaticaly use more bandwith when no one else is using the network thats probably adaptive qos but I'll get high bufferbloat and that doesnt work for games

What is the ISP speed?

I don't know how you measure bufferbloat, but online tests are mostly inaccurate and at line saturation speeds only.

Games - there are multiple factors outside of your end device control and any type of QoS may not be able to help much.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!