What's new

Can't log in to RT-AC68U web admin interface

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

baraider

New Around Here
Just bought the Asus RT-AC68U router today and setting it up is a breeze. Very impressed with the router so far.
The only problem is I can't seem to connect to the web admin at 192.168.1.1 after the initial setup.

When I first hooked up and go there, it asked me for a password. After I got the router up and running, going back to that interface will display a login box.

I use admin/"new password" but it said password is incorrect. Connect via ethernet or wifi or Windows/Mac, or Chrome/Safari make no difference.

I tried admin/admin but it no goes as well.

The only way I can go back to the interface is to reset the router and keep the default password.

I tried to change the setting to use HTTPS but it has no effect.

This is with Asus latest firm ware as well as Merlin latest firmware.

The router is working great right now.

Thanks for any help

Try a simpler password if you were mixing non-alphanumerical characters in it - some characters might not be properly processed by the web interface. Also note that the password is limited to 16 characters. If somehow your browser lets you enter more than 16 characters, then it might be truncated to 16.

Try a simpler password if you were mixing non-alphanumerical characters in it - some characters might not be properly processed by the web interface. Also note that the password is limited to 16 characters. If somehow your browser lets you enter more than 16 characters, then it might be truncated to 16.
Thanks Merlin,
That's it. I had @ in my password and it's 15 characters. Removing @ works perfectly.

Maybe there should be a note in your firmware to prevent this?

Thanks Merlin,
That's it. I had @ in my password and it's 15 characters. Removing @ works perfectly.

Maybe there should be a note in your firmware to prevent this?

Asus is already filtering a few characters at input time. The @ isn't a character I would have expected to cause any problem however.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!