What's new

Compiled from source - but want to add some libraries?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrdude

Regular Contributor
Hi and sorry for the questions on my first post.

I just discovered the Merlin firmware a couple of days ago. I have downloaded the source from the git and managed to compile it properly and flash it to my Asus RT-AC87U.

I was really looking to add a couple of extra libraries to the router firmware so that I could run a program I have on the router. I need to have the following libraries:

ld-linux.so3
libc.so6
libdl.so2
librt.so1

I know i can symlink a couple of those libraries - but I don't know how or where the files are located in the source to do this, so i was looking to see if anyone here can help.

Thanks, and again - i know it's my first post, but searching the net brought me to here.

What are you trying to execute that requires those libraries?

Have you looked into Entware?

I want to run oscam from the router - but it needs those extra libs and the libs folder is read only - hence compiling from source - no i have never heard of entware. (and I don't want to attach a usb device) Thanks.

Last edited:
OK this is how I did it:
Put the libs in here:
asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/toolchains/hndtools-arm-linux-2.6.36-uclibc-4.5.3/lib/

Edited: This to include the libs:

asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/router/Makefile

Ran the Makefile and installed to my router - job done...

Thanks.

I have another question - since my router has an Arm 7 processor, will libraries and files that work on the raspberry pi2 also work on my router - as this also has an Arm7 processor?

Last edited: