What's new

Copy settings from old to new router ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

irfs

New Around Here
Hi there. My old router is an 68u and ive now picked up a rt-ac1900. Can i save my settings from my 68u and simply restore the new router to them?
Thanks

you can try, they previously should have same firmware installed, but if any trouble dont ask and make a factory from scratch.

Hi there. My old router is an 68u and ive now picked up a rt-ac1900. Can i save my settings from my 68u and simply restore the new router to them?
Thanks
No. The settings file contains low-level hardware specific information, like MAC addresses, that are unique to each router.

No. The settings file contains low-level hardware specific information, like MAC addresses, that are unique to each router.

I have done it in the past from a 68U to a 68W and had no problem, could be luck or whatever.

There is the option to transfer Asus-DDNS into config-save file!!!
Would make absolutely no sense if you cannot transfer it to another router ... ?!?!?
And they call it TRANSFER, not safe or something like that.

Last edited:
I remember someone recently reporting that they had imported their settings from their previous router. Because they also used the old router as an access point they found their network didn't work properly because of the duplicated MAC addresses.