What's new

Custom build: a little bit digging into "Parent Control/Time scheduling" GUI changes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

webdriver

Occasional Visitor
I have expressed my complaint about Parent control/time scheduling GUI changes introduced since ASUS 386.xx fw version

So I make a little digging on how ASUS implement the GUI. It turns out just one web page file has been changed: www\ParentalControl.asp
However, other than GUI changes, ASUS does introduce a new nvram settings to store the time settings.
Before the change, the web page use following variables:

1610535376196.png

After the change, the web page use following variables:

1610535322371.png

By check at jffs/nvram, I do find following objects
1610535472214.png

On that page, once you decide to submit the form, it will call this:

1610535856393.png

So my question comes to @RMerlin , if I just use old version "ParentalControl.asp" to replace new one (make my own compiled version from your code), will it work?
I am a little bit new to how the GUI/webpage actually change the nvram values, is the "document.form.submit()" do the trick (not through any additional module)?

Cheers

Attachments

• 1610535108967.png
    1610535108967.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 88
So my question comes to @RMerlin , if I just use old version "ParentalControl.asp" to replace new one (make my own compiled version from your code), will it work?

No. The backend code will not process the old variables, nor its old format.

No. The backend code will not process the old variables, nor its old format.

Yes! I just notice that. Might need a conversion inside the old page logic.

Another idea, I noticed there are custom asp pages being integrated into the web gui, i.e. "AddOns" (come with scMerlin). Can you give me some hints how those "user?.asp" being used to display custom contents? How safe it is to use custom pages? I have tested directly put url in my browser for an asp page it does display the content.

Also to report a bug (if it is) that if I click the tab "Help & Support" it opens a new tab and url is "[router_ip]/ext/shared-jy/redirect.htm" but the "AddOns" page ("[router_ip].user1.asp") showes blank unless you reload it.

1610562944406.png

The documentation on the AddOn API is all on the Wiki.