What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.74.1SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am using three IP cameras with RTSP stream They are working fine. Did not try stock firmware.

Also, I am using three different USB: two 64GB flash drives and one 2TB HDD drive. All of them are formatted as ext4. No any disconnects. At all. What FS do you use?

Voxel.

next question is do i use readycloud or something better?

when i flash the custom firmware. do i need to do a factory reset?

Last edited:
@Voxel
Hi.. sorry to bother you.. I tried to setup Entware on my USB flash drive. I am not sure if I was able to set it up as per your guidelines on readme file. Could you please check?

Result of “ls -l /opt/*” command:
root@R7800:/$ ls -l /opt/*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 Jan 14 16:20 /opt/bin -> /tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/bin
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 Jan 14 16:20 /opt/etc -> /tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/etc
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 855 Jan 1 1970 /opt/filelist
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Jan 14 16:20 /opt/home -> /tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/home
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 Jan 14 16:20 /opt/lib -> /tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/lib
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Jan 14 16:20 /opt/root -> /tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/root
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Jan 14 16:20 /opt/sbin -> /tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/sbin
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Jan 14 16:20 /opt/share -> /tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/share
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 Jan 14 16:20 /opt/tmp -> /tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/tmp
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 Jan 14 16:20 /opt/usr -> /tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/usr
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 Jan 14 16:20 /opt/var -> /tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/var
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 42 Jan 1 1970 /opt/version

/opt/leafp2p:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 729056 Jan 1 1970 leafp2p

/opt/rcagent:
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 232 Jan 1 1970 cgi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 355008 Jan 1 1970 cgi_processor
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 39044 Jan 1 1970 downloader
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 11624 Jan 1 1970 nas_service
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 213760 Jan 1 1970 rcagentd
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 145 Jan 1 1970 run_server.sh
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 576 Jan 1 1970 scripts

/opt/remote:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 92208 Jan 1 1970 remote
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 21124 Jan 1 1970 run_remote

/opt/xagent:
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 240 Jan 1 1970 certs
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 39708 Jan 1 1970 genie_handler
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 333 Jan 1 1970 run-xagent.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 84344 Jan 1 1970 xagent
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 18428 Jan 1 1970 xagent_control
root@R7800:/$

I have created swap file as well.

but opkg update doesn’t work. I get following error:

What did I do wrong?

but opkg update doesn’t work. I get following error:

You are using wrong opkg... The rest is OK. Use the command with full path:

Code:
/opt/bin/opkg update
/opt/bin/opkg upgrade

See:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...ils-wrong-download-address.61318/#post-542818

P.S.
It is possible to add /opt/bin and /opt/sbin into PATH to be used by default.

NOTE 2: Info for Entware users. /etc/profile default profile is changed (no PATH for Entware is set by default, i.e. /opt/bin:/opr/sbin). Set the PATH for Entware in /root/.profile file, something like:

Code:
export PATH=/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

And. If you want to try Transmission from Entware, do not forget to disable Transmission in firmware...

Code:
nvram set transmission_disable=1
nvram commit

Voxel.

Last edited:
And. If you want to try Transmission from Entware, do not forget to disable Transmission in firmware...

Code:
nvram set transmission_disable=1
nvram commit

Voxel.
Could you please help installing transmission on Entware? What packages do I need to install? What should be the code..? Any Guide you can recommend me to look at? I am very new to this Linux commands. Please help me.

Wondering if it would be safe to do so, and I could simply start the process with my laptop connected via wireless to the router...
I think it doesn't matter. Whenever you select firmware file from browse menu it gets uploaded to the router (internal memory). After that installation starts. So actual file downloaded/kept in Laptop or USB Flash Drive attached to the Router has nothing to do with safety.

I think it doesn't matter. Whenever you select firmware file from browse menu it gets uploaded to the router (internal memory). After that installation starts. So actual file downloaded/kept in Laptop or USB Flash Drive attached to the Router has nothing to do with safety.

Do not experiment with your router unless you understand what you are doing or how to do it.
It will end with a bricked router, just a TIP from my side m8.

Do not experiment with your router unless you understand what you are doing or how to do it.
It will end with a bricked router, just a TIP from my side m8.
OK.
But no one born knowing everything. One has to experiment to learn something. My knowledge regarding customization of router has improved in last few days by experimenting and following expert guides.
BTW: may I know why did you quote that message?

I am very new to this Linux commands. Please help me.
Well. I have doubts that you will succeed. Entware version is practically the same what is in my firmware. If you are very new in Linux...

Try the following experiment. The port 51413 used by default in Transmission is closed. Maybe your tracker reject you because of this. So try to open the port 51413 for both TCP and UDP. See my README how to open the port. Both: TCP and UDP. /etc/netwall.conf and Transmission from firmware.

[Edited]

NOTE: /etc/netwall.conf text file should be in Unix format, not DOS/Windows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Text_file

Voxel.

Last edited:
Wondering if it would be safe to do so, and I could simply start the process with my laptop connected via wireless to the router...

You can flash firmware from your laptop connected by Wi-Fi to the router. Safe enough.

Voxel.

Well. I have doubts that you will succeed. Entware version is practically the same what is in my firmware. If you are very new in Linux...

Try the following experiment. The port 51413 used by default in Transmission is closed. Maybe your tracker reject you because of this. So try to open the port 51413 for both TCP and UDP. See my README how to open the port. Both: TCP and UDP. /etc/netwall.conf and Transmission from firmware.

Voxel.
I will try that. I tried to use Random Port from Transmission GUI settings but changes do not stick. Is it possible to change settings permanently in Transmission GUI?

Is it possible to change settings permanently in Transmission GUI?
Yes if you have transmission configs stored on your USB in directory "transmission". Try to run from telnet

Code:
cp -arp /tmp/transmission-gui /mnt/sda1/transmission

and reboot your router. After this transmission should use configs from your USB drive. And to keep your changes it even after reboot.

Voxel.

Voxel.
So how can I put netwall.conf file to /etc/ ?

After copying netwall.conf file to root of USB Flash Drive:
Code:
cp /mnt/sda1/netwall.conf /etc
or
Code:
cd /etc
wget (my custom download link of netwall.conf file)
Is this OK?

[Edited]

NOTE: /etc/netwall.conf text file should be in Unix format, not DOS/Windows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Text_file

Voxel.
I have successfully opened the port but couldn’t download torrent with router version of transmission.

I am very happy to say that I have successfully installed Transmission on optware. And torrent download is working fine now. It wouldn’t have been possible without you, @Voxel. I am so happy now. I have just installed “transmission-daemon-openssl” and “transmission-web-control” in optware. And changed some values on “settings.json” file.

so why router version doesn’t work for me..?

Attachments

• AF5A06B5-C080-4D00-962F-C57A0CF2EDD6.png
    AF5A06B5-C080-4D00-962F-C57A0CF2EDD6.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 243
  • BA411F83-181F-4F37-A121-E1AE9974E621.png
    BA411F83-181F-4F37-A121-E1AE9974E621.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!