What's new

DDNS (DNS-O-Matic) & AiCloud

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shrmn

Occasional Visitor
Hi Merlin!

I've been using your firmware for a couple of months now and recently upgraded to your latest firmware based on 220 which enables AiCloud.

Now from what I understand, the router will return the currently-entered DDNS address to the AiCloud application, and the app will then use that router-supplied address regardless of what you enter manually at the manual addition page (referring to the iPhone app here).

The thing is, us DNS-O-Matic users usually use that service to update multiple hosts with one update request. On the DNS-O-Matic side, it requires that the DNNS address supplied on the router page be "all.dnsomatic.com". This will then update all hosts on your account to the same IP address.

Unfortunately, this breaks the functionality of the AiCloud feature.

Would it be possible then to have the AiCloud server return a specified address instead of the DDNS address?

Hi Merlin!

I've been using your firmware for a couple of months now and recently upgraded to your latest firmware based on 220 which enables AiCloud.

Now from what I understand, the router will return the currently-entered DDNS address to the AiCloud application, and the app will then use that router-supplied address regardless of what you enter manually at the manual addition page (referring to the iPhone app here).

The thing is, us DNS-O-Matic users usually use that service to update multiple hosts with one update request. On the DNS-O-Matic side, it requires that the DNNS address supplied on the router page be "all.dnsomatic.com". This will then update all hosts on your account to the same IP address.

Unfortunately, this breaks the functionality of the AiCloud feature.

Would it be possible then to have the AiCloud server return a specified address instead of the DDNS address?

You would have to ask that to Asus. Parts of AiCloud are closed source, and therefore out of my control.